boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127129

If you haven't found any zeds yet count yourself lucky.

Here is what I have encountered so far:

Zeds that seem to immediately respawn once you kill them, does not matter if you melee or shoot them to death.  Melee weapons I've tested so far, fire axe-3/5 hits, splitting axe-4/6 hits, sledge 5 hits did nothing, gave up and switched to fire axe since I was bleeding.  Stun Baton did NOTHING except use up the battery completely and pretty much piss zed off even more, had to switch to axe to take this one down...

Zeds are still ridiculously fast and tough, got killed by a sort of "swarm", killed one another spawned, killed that one, another came out of no where, killed that one.  I killed them all but went unconscious before I had a chance to bandage and then bled out.    This was at the Lager/Camp area north of Svetlo.   At another location a little earlier I had a zed sort of warp up on me in a shed, that was disconcerting.

I have set a few mines, but did not see them in place after they were set.  Bear traps still look good but the animation when carrying them makes me look like a hunchback.  The left arm is oddly distended towards the ground and looks very uncomfortable, almost like the shoulder has been dislocated.

Found a 2 round snap loader, it still has 7.62x54 in it, tried to put .308 Winchester in but it would not take it.  Longhorn takes .308 Winchester now, which is spawning in droves.  Repeater still takes .357. 

Is it me or is the MP-133 shotgun much, much bigger than it used to be?

Funny cause around patch 46 it was this way..

They buffed zombies to take multiple hits and then every now and then there would be an infinite zombie respawn bug which would start.

Once the infinite zombie bug started I just whipped out the m4 and let em drop..there came a point that you were no longer stealthy so now you might as well just shoot anything that moves and just make your way.

• Like 1

Based on what everyone else is saying, this isn't the case. What's bothering me is that they were confident enough to throw a ton of zombies into the game and they were dead wrong.

EDIT: Combined with the fact that they didn't really talk about the issue. They just took a ton of zombies out and acted casual.

This is yet another example of the devs being damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they have too many zeds and the server restarts every five minutes, then they are a bunch of incompetent assholes. If they don't have enough zeds, then they are incompetent assholes who are hiding something.

The reality is that we have a completely new zed controller, new zed AI and new zed animations. All of which are the first iteration and they need to mesh together seamlessly. There are bound to be problems, lots of them. To the extent that the devs can remove a few zeds (if in fact that is what they have done - the unofficial change log suggests otherwise), make the game playable for us and still gather the necessary diagnostic data, then I say good on 'em.

Also, don't forget all of the legacy components that the devs are still juggling. There is a metric shit ton of crap that hasn't yet been ported over to the new technology. All of this is putting a giant strain on the hardware. It's not the zeds, exclusively, that are causing the issues. The devs have a pretty serious juggling act on their hands right now.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 7

I haven't had any problems with zombies instantly respawning. However the are about impossible to melee. They get bugged out and kind of like stick to you and spam hits on you. Luckily I found a pistol and silencer fairly quickly so I've not had too much of a problem with them. Any fresh spawn that runs into them is gonna have a hard time though.

• Like 3

At the large office building in Berezino I killed a female zed with an axe, I went around a trailer that was there to check it out, 3-5 meters away tops, when I came back around there was another zed in the exact same spot I had just killed the female.  Maybe that isn't "instant" but it was pretty goddamn quick.  It wasn't there when I killed the other one but it was there within 15-45 seconds of the other one being killed.   This happened to me at the Tent City when it was still at Balota too, hasn't happened since.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

At the large office building in Berezino I killed a female zed with an axe, I went around a trailer that was there to check it out, 3-5 meters away tops, when I came back around there was another zed in the exact same spot I had just killed the female.  Maybe that isn't "instant" but it was pretty goddamn quick.  It wasn't there when I killed the other one but it was there within 15-45 seconds of the other one being killed.   This happened to me at the Tent City when it was still at Balota too, hasn't happened since.

Granted, this was last night, so it was build #4, but I was in Pavolo looking for the well. I came around a corner and found myself nose to nose with a zed. I busted a couple of caps in his ass and continued to the well, which was only about 10m away. By the time I was finished with my first drink, the body was gone. When I finished my third drink and started off on my way, the zed was already on patrol again.

• Like 1

So no progress was made on .55 for more zombies/zombie AI... I want to know why they thought they could handle more, were massively wrong, and are now reducing again even after multiple updates in .55. Are they ever going to be able to handle more zombies?

Based on what everyone else is saying, this isn't the case. What's bothering me is that they were confident enough to throw a ton of zombies into the game and they were dead wrong.

EDIT: Combined with the fact that they didn't really talk about the issue. They just took a ton of zombies out and acted casual.

The amount is not the problem, you assume and spread misinformation about something that you have no knowledge of, please stop, your comments are derogative.

The Z problem is known, I'm more concerned about sickness and disease not kicking in as expected.

Any further feedback would be appreciated, so go drink teh pondswater people and don't forget to take the purification tablets with you...

Thanks.

• Like 6

i've found Z's in places were afaik they had not been before!

have you ever seen Z's/infected/whatever in Krasnoe/Stary Yar? well....i did. today. first time ever.

Killed one on Dubky with Blaze, and one in Nadhezino with Mosin. That was it for last night. There were max 15 players on server so I doubt town were cleared. Good thig is that zeds will spawn in every town, bad is there is less zombies in "old" towns. Still not enough zeds.

I've seen them before, but I've never possessed either one. I just found a smoker with both a combat (scarce as hen's teeth) knife and a SMERSH (holy freakin' grail) vest on board. That's right, the vest ... in all of its olive drab glory.

This calls for a Kvass (or two)!

I'm typing this from an undisclosed location, so don't bother trying to find me.

Now for 0.55 to exact its revenge! Just because I know that this game is out to screw me, doesn't mean that I'm paranoid!!! Wait a minute ... shhh! ... what was that noise?!?!?!

• Like 4

I wish the servers could stay up longer. Despite the glitchy things I've had a pretty good time with this EXP patch. The server just doesn't stay up long enough to populate. I join up on the next most populated one, and then it resets, repeat.

I wish the servers could stay up longer. Despite the glitchy things I've had a pretty good time with this EXP patch. The server just doesn't stay up long enough to populate. I join up on the next most populated one, and then it resets, repeat.

I can't deal with the desynch and the rubber banding, so I've been playing on the lowest ping servers that I can find. Granted, they weren't full pop tonight, but they certainly were stable. In your experience, about how many players does it take to make the server unstable?

I can't deal with the desynch and the rubber banding, so I've been playing on the lowest ping servers that I can find. Granted, they weren't full pop tonight, but they certainly were stable. In your experience, about how many players does it take to make the server unstable?

That's weird I've been playing on some UK servers with high ping and haven't dealt with any desync (at least that I've noticed). It doesn't seem like it's unstable. It's just they reset so frequently. The message pops up and it resets like normal. Just does it way to often. Earlier today I was playing on US5-01 and one reset period lasted like an hour. I rejoined back onto it immediately and it reset in about 15 minutes. So random.

That's weird I've been playing on some UK servers with high ping and haven't dealt with any desync (at least that I've noticed). It doesn't seem like it's unstable. It's just they reset so frequently. The message pops up and it resets like normal. Just does it way to often. Earlier today I was playing on US5-01 and one reset period lasted like an hour. I rejoined back onto it immediately and it reset in about 15 minutes. So random.

Very strange. The US servers that I've been on are going closer to two hours between resets.

EDIT: It looks like I was on US3-02 for most of the night, tonight.

Very strange. The US servers that I've been on are going closer to two hours between resets.

EDIT: It looks like I was on US3-02 for most of the night, tonight.

I'll have to check that one out and see if I get better results.

The fact remains that 0.55 was promised on stable for Wed 25th,,,

Not so, there is also an "if all goes well" to be taken into consideration.

This is the Experimental Topic, you are off-topic.

I would like some feedback on sickness & disease (if working or not).

Thanks.

• Like 1

how is the performance in large cities like electro or berezino? is the rendering fixed?

no

• Like 1

how is the performance in large cities like electro or berezino? is the rendering fixed?

When something changes, you'll hear about it. Until then, it's a pointless question to ask over and over.

Edited by Tatanko

*snip*

I would like some feedback on sickness & disease (if working or not).

Thanks.

Went to Willow Lake and drunk ten times - Negative

Went to the little pond behind NE Airfield and drunk ten times - Negative

Dont want to puke ma' beans so, no more pond drinking untill i die or dark orange stuffed goes away.

• Like 1

Seeing as how there's no "lick the wall" option, I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to get my guy sick. Water and uncooked meat haven't been very productive yet. :(

Anyone else report the expansion of factory yet? also new spawn points it seems.

Do tell us more :)

hmmm i dont know if i like the direction they are aiming with the infected. They are too strong. What i have heard is, that you need  several hits with the fireaxe to kill one. I had only a shovel and i had to hit the z sooo damn often. 

But maybe it is so frustrating because of the weird behavior of the z's in combat. They hit you without making any animation, hit you very fast and move weird in combat. Also while i was playing today, they ignored every closed door  :(

So if they are aiming for much much more infected in chernarus, they need to be nerfed a bit. At least reduce their health. 

hmmm i dont know if i like the direction they are aiming with the infected. They are too strong. What i have heard is, that you need  several hits with the fireaxe to kill one. I had only a shovel and i had to hit the z sooo damn often. 

But maybe it is so frustrating because of the weird behavior of the z's in combat. They hit you without making any animation, hit you very fast and move weird in combat. Also while i was playing today, they ignored every closed door  :(

So if they are aiming for much much more infected in chernarus, they need to be nerfed a bit. At least reduce their health. 

Try not fighting them (sneaking around) or taking them down from range.

• Like 2

This is the original vision of the devs. They want the game to be hard and cruel -- SURVIVAL -- and they want you to avoid zombies, seeing them as a threat. But this is a good direction for the game, as it will force players to work with each others to be able to survive, because surviving alone will get harder and harder.

• Like 2

I am amazed about the unexpected behaviors of this game when something new is added. I work in software programming in large and complex projects and I can tell that when this happens when there are so many unexpected behaviors of the software you are writing, then something is wrong with the solutions adopted or core engine. If you wait even longer to fix core bugs I doubt this game will work properly in the end. I realize that I don't know many aspects about your code and that you are currently refactoring many parts of the game, but why stable must be synchronized so often with experimental branch? If I were you I would make 60% stable servers that run a very stable version with trusted persistence system and 40% experimental servers with updates on a monthly basis.

This post is about "experimental" even if I have used the "stable" word.

• Like 1