Tatanko

Tatanko's Monthly Social -- April 2015

I thought there will be stamina and drowning in .55? Won't we all be drowned before make it to the island unless you are on the water transport? 

Stamina is planned for introduction sometime in Q2, but so far only zeds seem to have stamina. Since we haven't seen player stamina in 0.55 exp, it's pretty unlikely that it will pop up in 0.55 stable.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215848-dayz-moving-into-2015/

Looks like the party will be an hour earlier this time around, and Prison Island is in an early lead for the location of choice. Re-posting the poll in the next couple of days with the options whittled down to the current favorites.

Well I submitted a whitelist application, but when I went to sign up and make an account I got this error: [#1001] You are not allowed to visit this community.

I've never been on the website, and I can't ask for help on their forums since I can't visit. I was browsing the forums fine until I tried to sign up.

during that day, someone should go find a truck and be the ferry to prison island! 

Well I submitted a whitelist application, but when I went to sign up and make an account I got this error: [#1001] You are not allowed to visit this community.

I've never been on the website, and I can't ask for help on their forums since I can't visit. I was browsing the forums fine until I tried to sign up.

Sorry, dude  :( You'll have to contact the admins at their site about that. My hands are tied on that one.

during that day, someone should go find a truck and be the ferry to prison island! 

There will almost certainly be trucks involved if we can help it!

..if only Musty had a 1PP server. ^_^ I religiously avoid 3PP servers because of the kind of people that usually play there and the 3pp tricks they use (many of them, not all of them).

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend.  :(

..if only Musty had a 1PP server. ^_^ I religiously avoid 3PP servers because of the kind of people that usually play there and the 3pp tricks they use (many of them, not all of them).

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend.  :(

But they do!

185.16.86.51:2502

It's an EU server so your ping won't be great, but it's a good place to gather supplies for the party.  It's part of the same hive too so everything from there carries over to the event server.  While the event will most likely be 3PP you don't have to worry about people abusing 3PP so using your preferred 1PP shouldn't hinder you on that night.

Edited by IReadTheAgreement
  • Like 3

It's an EU server so your ping won't be great, but it's a good place to gather supplies for the party.

Hmmmm.. Gearing up on a 168ms ping server with the zombies the way they currently are.. sounds 'interesting'.  B)

• Like 1

Hmmmm.. Gearing up on a 168ms ping server with the zombies the way they currently are.. sounds 'interesting'.  B)

Take it as a challenge :) As IRTA said, you needn't be worried about anyone abusing 3PP at the time of the party. I know it's not ideal for you to play on the EU server, but it's an option at least.

While I respect and appreciate the essence of a gathering like this in a video game, this type of event is infinitely more fun to troll than attend and participate in.

+1 OP

While the event itself is fun, y'know whats also fun?

Killing the trolls who come to ruin it.

• Like 2

I voted Prison island, because although it can be a security disaster, it has the greatest potential to protect ourselves ... the attackers will have to swim in , only being a challenge when nightfall comes, but by then we will definitely have some people up high watching the area =) ! Keep it coming mates its tied 8 v8 for Prison Island / Black Lake!

I voted Prison island, because although it can be a security disaster, it has the greatest potential to protect ourselves ... the attackers will have to swim in , only being a challenge when nightfall comes, but by then we will definitely have some people up high watching the area =) ! Keep it coming mates its tied 8 v8 for Prison Island / Black Lake!

That was my thought. With adequate lookouts, I think it will be easy to vector early responders, in order to repel an attack. Spawning in will be their only option to do serious harm.

We may need a squad to address snipers on the mainland, though.

That was my thought. With adequate lookouts, I think it will be easy to vector early responders, in order to repel an attack. Spawning in will be their only option to do serious harm.

We may need a squad to address snipers on the mainland, though.

Its hard to snipe from the mainland i think its maybe under 800 to 600 meter shot maybe? im not too sure.

Its hard to snipe from the mainland i think its maybe under 800 to 600 meter shot maybe? im not too sure.

Yeah it's in the neighborhood of 800m if you're at the top of the hill where the lighthouse is on the mainland.

While the event itself is fun, y'know whats also fun?

Killing the trolls who come to ruin it.

Me and my crew mustn't be very fun for those attending the events we crash. :(

Get your votes in, folks! Polling ends at 5:00pm EST tomorrow :)

EDIT: Polls now closed (a little early).

Edited by Tatanko

Black Lake would be the best...Fishing tournament anyone?

• Like 1

Me and my crew mustn't be very fun for those attending the events we crash. :(

Were you there for the first event? We took out at least one organized group.

Black Lake would be the best...Fishing tournament anyone?

I'm not-so-secretly hoping that Black Lake wins the poll as well, but I'll gladly hold the event at whichever location wins. A fishing competition sounds like a great idea. I'll take more suggestions once a location is finalized.

Just a few hours left to get your vote in!

Our event server is in place and ready. Once the voting is over and a location is announced, I'll be asking you all to make suggestions for event activities based on that location. Supply gathering will commence this weekend.

Closing the polls a few hours early. I don't see the results changing at all in the next few hours.

I'm proud to announce that the April 18th event will be at Black Lake at 6:00 PM EST (22:00 GMT)!  B)

Feel free to make suggestions for event activities now that a location has been set.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

So is there anything that we still need for the event? cause its hard to find specific things because of this weird loot system i haven't seen any flare gun ammo but iv seen flare guns spawn and the cooking pot i had got ruined by zeds and i haven't found another one since then <_<  i do still have a few flares and light sources however so i guess there's that.  B)

• Like 1

Maybe to prevent confusion, everyone should dress or wear the same color pants or shirt ...like party in pink haha

• Like 2