Tatanko

Tatanko's Monthly Social -- April 2015

KWrpljch.jpg

After the simultaneous success and failure that was my Spring BBQ, many who attended were left wanting more. This is understandable given how abruptly and tragically things ended. I personally wish things had been able to go on longer and I think everyone who showed up did enjoy themselves for the hour or so things remained "calm".

With that said, I'm happy to announce that starting in April, I will be holding monthly social events! Past gatherings have proven that people are willing to gather peacefully and engage in social interaction, and the feedback I get tells me that they wish the opportunity to do so would come up more often. I feel the same way, and I am more than happy to make it happen. The community needs more of this, if only to give everyone a break from the constant bloodshed.

The last event that I held was a test of sorts -- to see just how "public" I could make an event without things going sour. The answer surprised me: for over an hour, not one person at the gathering caused any issues. The violence that ended the party was the result of outside forces, including a grenade-spamming hacker. Compound that with an understaffed and underequipped security force, and it's really a miracle that things were able to go on as long as they did.

Lessons have been learned however, and the circumstances of this event will be quite a bit different. All future events will have much more security, but not at the expense of everyone being able to show up and have fun. With April's event, the server situation will be a little different as well: still a private hive with multiple servers, but the server being used for the event will be specific to the event and nothing else. You'll be able to gather what you need on two other servers and bring it with you at the time of the party.

I'm proud to say that Musty Gaming will be hosting this month's event. After the success of the last event, I asked if they would be so kind to host the next one and they obliged. They were nothing but great the last time, and I am happy to be working with them once again to provide a gathering for the community. As we are going with a private hive again, I highly recommend spending some time prior to the party playing on that hive to collect your items.

This time around, I would like potential attendees to have more say in the setting of the event. No matter what, the next event will be Saturday, April 18th. I want to find out what time works best for the most number of people, and I want the community to help pick the location this time. Please vote in the polls above! (Polls now closed.)

I'll post details here as they are finalized. I look forward to seeing everyone on the 18th :)

Date, Time, and Server

-Saturday, April 18th, 2015

-6:00 PM EST (22:00 GMT)

-Server info TBA (Musty Gaming private hive)

-Black Lake

Planned Activities

-Flare Gun Fireworks

-Campfire Stories

-Music

-Cooking

-Chem Light Dance Party (!)

-Hide & Seek (?)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 10

Yes!!  B)

This time I'll make sure to have all the necessary to do the archery contest!!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this! Sitting around the fire playing guitar while drinking some cold Kvass! 

Edit: With current 0.55 loot spawns, finding rope is just a dice roll, so I'm not sure it's gonna be happening...   :|

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

I am looking forward to this as well can't wait to be there  :)  I will try to bring a flare gun and cooking supply's and other things we might need  B)

• Like 3

This is great to hear but is the parties always on musty gaming. I would try to whitelist but my steam name or steam is bugged no one can find my username its simple N.I.C .

This is great to hear but is the parties always on musty gaming. I would try to whitelist but my steam name or steam is bugged no one can find my username its simple N.I.C .

To get Whitelisted you need your GUID, not your Steam name. If you have any problems after that, I'm sure they'll try their to help you. There's plenty of time before the event so if you really want to attend I'd say go for it and get whitelisted!  :thumbsup:

Type "#beclient GUID" into the chat box when playing.

• Like 5

To get Whitelisted you need your GUID, not your Steam name. If you have any problems after that, I'm sure they'll try their to help you. There's plenty of time before the event so if you really want to attend I'd say go for it and get whitelisted! :thumbsup:

Type "#beclient GUID" into the chat box when playing.

alright thanks. I'll see if I can get white listed after my remodel in my house is done .
  • Like 2

alright thanks. I'll see if I can get white listed after my remodel in my house is done .

You can alternatively use the GUID fetcher tool you basically enter your steam url and it returns your GUID to you for copy/paste purposes.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

yes.

i assume 0.55 will hit stable by then? if so we have a whole new threat to worry about, landmine trolling  > :(

Not terribly worried about land mines to be honest. We'll do a good sweep before the party ;) But yes, 0.55 should be on Stable by then.

• Like 3

Not terribly worried about land mines to be honest. We'll do a good sweep before the party ;) But yes, 0.55 should be on Stable by then.

ya..Tatanko will be doing volunteer as a Human Landmine Sweeping Team (HLST)

Unrelated question, does .055 will be a wipe all character? 

• Like 1

Unrelated question, does .055 will be a wipe all character? 

If that were the case, I feel we probably would have been warned already. With the potential for 0.55 to go to Stable just 2 days from now, they would face a lot of backlash doing an unannounced or last-minute character wipe.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

yes.

i assume 0.55 will hit stable by then? if so we have a whole new threat to worry about, landmine trolling  > :(

With only a couple servers to hop between it'd be pretty hard to find enough landmines.  Even in the unlikely event that it does happen just have a laugh about it and run on back!

• Like 1

Well i have been around the map looking for party supply's i have a flare gun, cooking pot, some flares and other light sources. I shall keep looking for other things we might need. B)  

• Like 1

Umm. So my poll is magically gone? I guess I could put it back up, but I'm afraid it's going to disappear again.

While I respect and appreciate the essence of a gathering like this in a video game, this type of event is infinitely more fun to troll than attend and participate in.

+1 OP

While I respect and appreciate the essence of a gathering like this in a video game, this type of event is infinitely more fun to troll than attend and participate in.

+1 OP

Haha. I totally understand. Really, I do ;)

Re-added the two polls that mysteriously disappeared!

Wonder if we can do that game forgot what it was its one were you have to cross a landmine field unharmed though it triggers when you next to it not on top unless this is fixed its impossible bear traps can be a substitute.

Wonder if we can do that game forgot what it was its one were you have to cross a landmine field unharmed though it triggers when you next to it not on top unless this is fixed its impossible bear traps can be a substitute.

I don't know what it's called, but it sounds fun! I think bear traps might be more reasonable. They seem to be easier to find (in 0.55 Exp anyway) and won't automatically kill you. I wouldn't want anyone to have to run back to the party and miss out because they "lost" :P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

www.dayzguid.com

Login using Steam and there ya go.  :thumbsup:

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 1

Well, if I combine the poll results currently with the results as they were last night before the poll disappeared, we are in a dead heat for both time and location.

It's looking like either Prison Island or Black Lake, and either 6:00pm or 8:00pm EST.

Edited by Tatanko

I thought there will be stamina and drowning in .55? Won't we all be drowned before make it to the island unless you are on the water transport? 

I thought there will be stamina and drowning in .55? Won't we all be drowned before make it to the island unless you are on the water transport? 

I haven't heard anything about the stamina being implemented so I couldn't say, but drowning has been around for at least a few patches now.  Even if stamina is thrown in I doubt the devs would set it so high that you can't swim to the neat new island they just added.  Especially without boats yet.  Doesn't matter, I voted for Black Lake anyway ;)

• Like 1

Stamina is not in yet with 0.55. I've actually purposely tried to drown myself in 0.55 and couldn't do it. Hope that helps!