Sign in to follow this  
Heatofbattle

Mosin damage nerfed to oblivion

So, today somewhere near Kamyshovo I engaged in a firefight on a full server. I shot gunned one guy with a mosin, and was shot once by another one with a mosin while looting his body. I retreated since I lost some color from that shot. Later on, I found him again. At very close range he shot me twice. I shot at him and missed. While I tried to pull out my axe he finally got me. That was four shots, three from ~10 meters away. I was wearing a raincoat, and no protection otherwise. So has mosin damage been nerfed? Since last I remember I should have been dead after a shot or two at close range.

I had a completely different experience just yesterday.

While I was drinking at a pond, 2 guys surprised me completely. The first had ran by me without seeing me but the second guy did see me. The second took a shot at me with his shotgun while my drink animation (cancel action) was finishing. He hit me and I reckon he ruined my raincoat including contents. As soon as I could I armed my mosin and took a shot at the guy with the shotgun. The first shot hit and killed him. The distance between us was about 5-10 meters.

After my friend and I finished off the second guy we took a look at their corpses. The guy I had hit with 1 mosin round had pretty much all his gear ruined.

This could of course mean that he had his gear ruined prior to running into me, but I doubt that. It would make more sense that his bloodlevel wasn't completely up to par.

So, today somewhere near Kamyshovo I engaged in a firefight on a full server. I shot gunned one guy with a mosin, and was shot once by another one with a mosin while looting his body. I retreated since I lost some color from that shot. Later on, I found him again. At very close range he shot me twice. I shot at him and missed. While I tried to pull out my axe he finally got me. That was four shots, three from ~10 meters away. I was wearing a raincoat, and no protection otherwise. So has mosin damage been nerfed? Since last I remember I should have been dead after a shot or two at close range.

Considering how I got OHK'd by a Mosin from 120 meters, by a shot in the back of the torso with a "healthy buff" active, no, I don't think the Mosin was nerfed.

Not nerfed you are just feeling the effects of an incomplete damage model.

It is not nerfed or op at the moment it is simply inconsistent.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 7

Some duping M4 skrub walked out of a building and stood still for a second and I shot him in the back with my mosin with a single bullet in it. It dropped him instantly I think it hasn't been nerfed

• Like 2

It is not nerfed or op at the moment it is simply inconsistent.

Nail on the head right here.

• Like 3

To be honest though an incosistent damage model is not a bad thing.

If the game had injuries , realistic bleeding and better organ and tissue simulation a unrealistic damage model would be realistic.

Some people die from a single .22lr gunshot to the chest while others take half a dozen or more 5.56 nato rounds to the same area.

Injuries and bleeding at realistic and varying levels would add some consistency to a more realistic model.

• Like 1

The damage has not been changed since day one. Probably not ever.

• Like 1

desync can play a huge role. I have survived 3-4 mosin shots before. 

Even a shot to the head once (motorbike helmet ruined) without going unconscious

not seeing this myself. 

a guy came at me in the police station at novodmitrovsk and i shot him square through the body after a couple of seconds trying to ask him why he was committing suicide into me with an axe

1 hit kill, sunk one into him afterwards and a third panic round because spraying with a bolt is how i roll

Damage is very inconsistent. The more clothes the victim is wearing, the more inconsistent it gets. A 7.62X54r isnt an inconsistent round as the smaller 5.56 rounds are. 7.62x54r will kill you 95% of the time when hit center mass, although sometimes not right away. It is a very powerful round that shatters concrete blocks on impact, so it should always be atleast a KO when hit in the torso.

• Like 2

To be honest though an incosistent damage model is not a bad thing.

If the game had injuries , realistic bleeding and better organ and tissue simulation a unrealistic damage model would be realistic.

Some people die from a single .22lr gunshot to the chest while others take half a dozen or more 5.56 nato rounds to the same area.

Injuries and bleeding at realistic and varying levels would add some consistency to a more realistic model.

At the very least I would like to see a shot to the heart be =/= headshot.

I'm pretty sure/sincerely hope that location specific damage and their effects are being worked on.....

As others have said it's just inconsistent, usually depending on gear.  It often takes 3 mosin body shots to kill a person in my experience, from range any ways which is just another reason why sniping is pretty shit right now.

Then some times you'll just die in one hit.

My personal theory is there's a ton of tiny attributes to each type of clothing (we already sorta know this as they have different protection stats) and that items in your inventory also play a role.  The end result being that a bunch of crap can end up soaking a round or two.  Even a t-shirt will soak a mosin round some times.

Another thing is that you might get hit in the weapon.  I tested this with melee weapons, and weirdly being shot in a melee weapon in your hands will damage your leg slot.  The same seemed to be true of guns, however I have also had experiences where I shoot a gun and deal no damage to the player, so that one I'm not sure what factors in.

Any ways, the point is, it's so inconsistent and unreliable that who fucken knows =P

I will say that I like that there's a bit of mystery to the whole damage model though, it's a bit boring when people just find every single statistic and meta game the shit out of stuff.  However, I think 7.62x54 should be a lot deadlier more consistently and that overall players soak too much damage.  Don't even get into the melee damages, they're total horse shit.

Edited by Bororm

Killed a guy in Gorka from 200 meters with a single mosin round which hit him in the upper torso just this morning, I don't think they've changed the damage.

Aim a little higher, if you hit lower torso, legs or arms you do less damage, could explain why you're having issues.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Had to finally make a forum account just to say it has not been nerfed.

Hit a guy 700 meters on NWAF one shot kill in the legs, he had military clothing and an m4a1.

I actually couldnt even tell he was dead had to have my brother scout his body (whom got ambushed shortly after)

The mosin has been the most consistent weapon for me ALMOST ALWAYS one shot killing people... maybe 2 shots.

I would have to say the AKM is the most consistent after the mosin.

Anything else seems to be largely random. Last patch i tested how much a jacket full of rocks would protect vs a mp5k bullet from healthy status.

Sadly.... got one shot killed in the torso (bullet was not near my heart)

Still need to test .22 vs helmets.

You have loaded your mosin with some defective ammo

Or he had a vest full of books B)

Mosin seems as deadly as ever for me. Maybe someone stuffed a banana down his barrel? I do know it all depends on where you're hit. Do you know if any of the shots were to the torso or head?

Some duping M4 skrub walked out of a building and stood still for a second and I shot him in the back with my mosin with a single bullet in it. It dropped him instantly I think it hasn't been nerfed

sure he was duping or hording/collecting?

i see this constantly people scream dupers and they are just players collecting.

sure he was duping or hording/collecting?

i see this constantly people scream dupers and they are just players collecting.

Unless these four guys like just looking the same and search for the exact same gear and the same guns with the same attachments with all the same conditions on all the same parts and carelessly walk out into the street to empty mags at a single newspawn and don't care for all the time they put into that character I think it's pretty safe to call them dupers. 

yup most likely sounds like dupers then or simply the same fashions :)

mosins working the same.