IgnobleBasterd

How do you solve the heating problem with ghillie?

So I recently tried making a ghillie top, and not soon after I became "hot" just from jogging at normal speed (not sprinting). How do you solve this problem? Do you use a T-shirt instead of a jacket, to counter the insane insulation? Seems kind of a nuisance to move from water source to water source to keep oneself wet.

I am currently wearing a Gorka jacket, but I'm thinking that I should perhaps switch to something else, like a T-shirt or a tactical shirt. It hurts, however, to further reduce carrying capacity considering I had to remove my backbpack to use the ghillie top.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

WEll, it's all about body temp. managment. I dont mind green "hot" status. I stop doing everything when i reach dark orange and focus on cooling off.

This doesnt happen very often since i try to plan this in advance. I will cool off before entering hot spots and That's probably the only place where i use sprint aswell.

Slower you move as a bush, the safer you are.

Route of lakes still seems the best way.

Edited by halp

WEll, it's all about body temp. managment. I dont mind green "hot" status. I stop doing everything when i reach dark orange and focus on cooling off.

This doesnt happen very often since i try to plan this in advance. I will cool off before entering hot spots and That's probably the only place where i use sprint aswell.

Slower you move as a bush, the safer you are.

Route of lakes still seems the best way.

Thanks for the input!

Do you mean yellow hot status? Or have I missed a green hot status? :S

Green/yellow yes. The mild one. Once on the move, I think its rather impossible not to be at least slightly hot, so i dont mind it.

I do try to be wet all the time, this majorly helps you not to overheat. You still cant fully sprint without overheating even if your damp.

Well, you can, for the first 5 minutes or so, than the overheating kicks in.

Edited by halp

I haven't used a Ghillie much, but when I was doing a Ghillie life I'd take a dip in a water source before engaging in the "jogging simulator" side of the game.

I haven't used a Ghillie much, but when I was doing a Ghillie life I'd take a dip in a water source before engaging in the "jogging simulator" side of the game.

This, just plan your running routes around open water sources to stop by and take a dip in, it will cool you back down.

I find myself running around as a soggy bush monster 90% of the time.

Id rather risk overheating though instead of freezing for those times you might need to play "bush monsters don't move".

Some one on these boards said they carry a rope/burlap and make the improvised bag to put their ghillie on while they move then just break it down when they put it on, I thought that sounded like a pretty cool idea.

Most people just plan around water sources as mentioned though.  Also, it's raining like 75% of the time any ways, at least on the server I play =P

Edited by Bororm

I usually run around with mine in a drybag and only put it on when I spot someone.

i prefair the hunting backpack.

But thats the way to Do it.

put your ghillie into a backpack while moving around. Ditch the backpack when its needed and come back for it. Problem solved, if you have ever wore a ghillie then you would realize its right on the money. Wearing extra layers gets your hot in a hurry. I would like to see you run 15K non stop in heavy clothing while wearing a ghilly, carrying 30+lb in a backpack with a rifle on one shoulder and a fire axe on the other.

I wonder if you even heat up if you just walk with that ghillie suit? Has anyone tested? So going slowly could be an option. Then there's dipping yourself in water but you could imagine how heavy the suit feels after that...

I wonder if you even heat up if you just walk with that ghillie suit? Has anyone tested? So going slowly could be an option. Then there's dipping yourself in water but you could imagine how heavy the suit feels after that...

I think you can walk, but you can't jog. Seriously, no one is going to walk around the whole time.

My solution is to only have a hicap or Smersh vest and nothing else, no pants or jacket (gloves, boots, balaclava and sunnies). Enables me to sprint almost constantly and only get hot occasionally.

Protector cases are a godsend and allow enough space for the essentials. With 2 protector cases inside my hicap vest i am currently carrying two spare 101 mags (for my silenced, bipoded PSO-1 AK101), 60 rounds spare ammo, water bottle, matches, improvised knife, rags, morphine, couple of cans of food and a raincoat. Nothing worse then being wet and literally chillin at your sniper spot and getting the shakes!!

The only issue is that my tighty whities are visible from behind (found that out last night running with a mate), so I may try a pair of shorts to cover those...

My solution is to only have a hicap or Smersh vest and nothing else, no pants or jacket (gloves, boots, balaclava and sunnies). Enables me to sprint almost constantly and only get hot occasionally.

Protector cases are a godsend and allow enough space for the essentials. With 2 protector cases inside my hicap vest i am currently carrying two spare 101 mags (for my silenced, bipoded PSO-1 AK101), 60 rounds spare ammo, water bottle, matches, improvised knife, rags, morphine, couple of cans of food and a raincoat. Nothing worse then being wet and literally chillin at your sniper spot and getting the shakes!!

The only issue is that my tighty whities are visible from behind (found that out last night running with a mate), so I may try a pair of shorts to cover those...

Make that a combat knife inside boots and you'll save yourself another slot :D

Make that a combat knife inside boots and you'll save yourself another slot :D

Looking for one mate!!! I have a hunting knife on my back for melee!! I would still keep the improvised knife for opening cans though even if I did find one!!

I think you can walk, but you can't jog. Seriously, no one is going to walk around the whole time.

Better change your style and attitude. Walking will likely be pretty normal in the future. I've walked the "winter experimental" and believ me it's not that bad. Makes Chernarus feel like real.

• Like 1

Actually a ghillie IS NOT made for running around.

This. To solve the heating problem you should use the Ghillie how it is supposed to be used - to lie flat on your belly not moving at all. Now the most obvious and practical solution to overheating on travel is to replace your Ghillie with a backpack - as long as you are moving it doesn't do that much anyways. You can stash your Ghillie inside the bigger versions and use it if you go for a camping trip.

Currently it's okay if you have frequent access to water to get back hydration and cool off. Now in the future running around in wet clothes might be less viable because of disease. Then it might be the best to take it off when you do not need it.

• Like 1

Better change your style and attitude. Walking will likely be pretty normal in the future. I've walked the "winter experimental" and believ me it's not that bad. Makes Chernarus feel like real.

Can't do it. The game would lose too many players.

This. To solve the heating problem you should use the Ghillie how it is supposed to be used - to lie flat on your belly not moving at all. Now the most obvious and practical solution to overheating on travel is to replace your Ghillie with a backpack - as long as you are moving it doesn't do that much anyways. You can stash your Ghillie inside the bigger versions and use it if you go for a camping trip.

Currently it's okay if you have frequent access to water to get back hydration and cool off. Now in the future running around in wet clothes might be less viable because of disease. Then it might be the best to take it off when you do not need it.

Though with the incredibly fast hunger/thirst system this causes a discrepancy. If we are talking about realistic aspects.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Can't do it. The game would lose too many players.

Good. The CoD-kids need to go away.

• Like 1