Deathlove

Excited for the Upcoming Disease & Cold System

Ah, but that is the difference, for me, "fun" is defined by the lack of instant gratification, for me, there has been a good while since i enjoyed games that just let me play.

Specifically, 2010-03-25 + 2 weeks, wich is when i put down CoD MW2 for the last time.. 

In my olden years, I now enjoy games that are a complete D in the A to play, where you die for making stupid choices, and have to start all over from 0 again.

games where you sit for hours, and at the end... you lose..

your definition of "fun" may be worlds apart from mine, but i do understand the sentiment. If the game stops being entertaining for you to play, stop playing, and if enough people stop playing, the game dies, and myself and a few others can still be there kicking around the dirt. I do believe that all of these functions will be taken out by modders when they release it on steam-workshop, so worry not my friend. the game you want to play is still in there somewhere. It's just that what the devs are making is a different game right now.

I don't care about dying and starting over.  But making the game so hard at start it takes you 40 tries just to make it more than 30 minutes, it's not worth playing at all.

We had extreme cold before and everyone cried about how hard it was to survive in this survival game.  I'm waiting for it to get back to actually being hard again so I look forward to anything that brings us back to that.

DayZ is not meant to be a fun filled romp through Deathmatch Elektro.

Please do quote where I said anything about elektro or deathmatches.  Provide quote or GTFO with your bs assumptions, kiddie. I know you think your snarky little comments make you look cool, but they don't.  They make you look like an A**hole.

Please do quote where I said anything about elektro or deathmatches.  Provide quote or GTFO with your bs assumptions, kiddie. I know you think your snarky little comments make you look cool, but they don't.  They make you look like an A**hole.

Take three days on the beach to dip your toes in the sand, when you return apply multi quote to your posts.  Carry on without personal attacks lovely forumites.

• Like 1

Hey, you ever tried self sustained minimalist camping?

Just try to see how forgiving the elements are when all you have is what you can carry long distance, on your back.

First time I did this I actually forgot some top layers of bedding and had to resort to an emergency blanket and my towels. IT FUCKING SUCKED but thank god I had the emergency blanket.

People who make jokes about Bear Grylls simulator need to go get caught up on CoD, like now.

There are people who play DayZ that seem to have 0 idea about the game they are involved in testing. A friend told them some bits and pieces and showed them a youtube clip of some troll play and they were all in. :rolleyes:

Many types of real diseases and infections brought about by environmental conditions and exposure/interactions will be in 1.0.

For example, you will be able to taint water, transmit disease through dirty rags, and more interaction with infected will raise your chances to get infections and sickness.

^That's it. Expand on that with a little imagination and that's what's coming.

I strongly encourage that everyone reads as much as possible about this project before they spend money on it OR try to discuss it.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Hey, you ever tried self sustained minimalist camping?

Just try to see how forgiving the elements are when all you have is what you can carry long distance, on your back.

First time I did this I actually forgot some top layers of bedding and had to resort to an emergency blanket and my towels. IT FUCKING SUCKED but thank god I had the emergency blanket.

People who make jokes about Bear Grylls simulator need to go get caught up on CoD, like now.

There are people who play DayZ that seem to have 0 idea about the game they are involved in testing. A friend told them some bits and pieces and showed them a youtube clip of some troll play and they were all in. :rolleyes:

Many types of real diseases and infections brought about by environmental conditions and exposure/interactions will be in 1.0.

For example, you will be able to taint water, transmit disease through dirty rags, and more interaction with infected will raise your chances to get infections and sickness.

^That's it. Expand on that with a little imagination and that's what's coming.

I strongly encourage that everyone reads as much as possible about this project before they spend money on it OR try to discuss it.

It will also encourage ppl i think to choose gear more wisely rather than just getting the best in game slot item for maximum carrying efficiency. You know that sweater could just be the difference between life and death. This sort of thinking with gear composition i like quite a bit.

Should not even bother, since all your posts are either troll posts, or rage towards the dev. but here goes. with an analogy.

because. it's like this, If you're painting your house, you've got some tape and paper, you put that down to start with, and then you've got two things, a roller, and a paintbrush. you start with the roller, and get all the walls painted with as much as you can, some spots are harder to reach, and you splash some paint even outside of the paper, you don't start painting behind the pipes and difficult spots with the brush while doing the grunt-work, unless you put some paint on that nice sofa you've got. then you wipe that down.(like the memory-leak hotfix, It's not perfect, but it's less visible)

once you have all the walls covered, you start with the difficult spots, (like optimising, wich is a difficult task)

after that you start looking for things you've missed and start painting those with the brush. (ie touchups to code and design)

and finally you remove the tape and paper, and clean up all the mess you've made.. (bug fixing)

because if you took the time to clean up every spill that isn't ruining your house, (aka game) it would take even longer to paint it.

And right now, as they are redesigning the engine, it's sort of like that they are refurbishing the bathroom at the same time, I'm not saying it's a good idea, you get dust and other things in the paint and have to re-paint areas that were already done. It is going to take a long time, and be ugly and smelly in the process..

The only thing happening now is that BI has invited a bunch of people over, while remodeling,

a couple of them thought it was going to be a party. So they're mad because the house smells, and the toilet isn't working.

other thought that BI would be finished by now, so they are walking around the place saying "you missed a spot"

and a few of them show up with clip-boards and hardhats and say "what can we do to help?"

I'm the guy sitting, beer in hand, on the plastic covered sofa, writing up places that need work, and leaving the notes on the fridge, like BI asked. while saying "this is going to be nice, I hope it turns out like BI intended"

Good post, only if you are a real painter you start painting the difficult spots first and when they are all done you swipe the larger general area. I'm a painter so I should know.

I would like to see an endgame scenario where if you are bitten by an infected, you become infected and has to play as one til you get perma-killed. It would be awesome. It would make players fear them and there would exist a good reason to use firearms to kill infected.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 1

Good post, only if you are a real painter you start painting the difficult spots first and when they are all done you swipe the larger general area. I'm a painter so I should know.

I would like to see an endgame scenario where if you are bitten by an infected, you become infected and has to play as one til you get perma-killed. It would be awesome. It would make players fear them and there would exist a good reason to use firearms to kill infected.

Ssssssssh, don't let them know i know diddly squat about painting. I'm a bartender for gods sake, not a painter.

I sort of agree about the infected, but i kind of like the "lore" of the ones we have now. basically, all players are the immune, and the stuff either killed you or made you loco.

I do want there to be an extra danger to the Zed, and at the moment, in experimental, they have started to make me a bit nervous again. 

Mainly because I don't want to have to walk back to where I've ended up in my search for new content.

But i think that the secret to the infected is not the amount of damage they make, or the ability to ruin your stuff. It's (for me atleast) numbers.

Back in the mod-days, (waaay back when the mod was fairly new) you could go prone, and have a Z walk right by you, as long as you were still.

but if you moved, you had 5 of them on you like s**t on velcro..

and that was the scary part for me.. that it wasn't just one.. ever.. 

All those weird people who is "excited" to see such things look like devs writing here as a players.

WHYWHYWHY devs do not care about MAJOR ISSUES?

so cute....

i hope it gets harder and harder...game is pisheasy rightnow as it is. Too much food ( heck i made it my personal challange to live off human flesh alone..try that its alot of fun :D ), weapons are not that hard to come by, crafting really dosent have any impact besides making your silouette smaller or you are a "i can handle this with minimal slots" as i play it.

sometimes around .47(?) nighttime was forced and food was scarce. Meet 2 people that night i regularly play with afterwards. shared food and we all made it alive. Was a really cool experience.

If you are not excited about a survival game adding survival features you bought into the wrong deal..

in the end your posting history makes that clear...:

this is just bullshit devs just do not listen to the community

that "alpha" is not an excuse for a devs lazyness or maybe davs themselves just do not play their crappy game

Nice, to my mind I haven't broke any of the existing forum rules, but admin deleted my opinion.

FPS problem is in poor optimisation, we have to wait when devs will realize that they are waisted a year doing nothing and start doing something about how game performs.

After that iam convinced you are either a bad troll or just plain ignorant. As stated above..you bought the wrong game...COD is this way -->

Want my money back.

you mean your moms money...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

We're finnaly reaching the point where players have to actually survive. Not just find food and survive player encounters.

Exciting.

Enticing.

Lustful.

Superb.

#swagmoney420blaze.

/point proven.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

We're finnaly reaching the point where players have to actually survive. Not just find food and survive player encounters.

Exciting.

Enticing.

Lustful.

Superb.

#swagmoney420blaze.

/point proven.

That avatar of your looks like its going to leap off the screen. o,o

That avatar of your looks like its going to leap off the screen. o,o

hehe.. but my dear child..

it already has.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

hehe.. but my dear sir.

it already has.

Fixed that for you.

Im excited to see ppl are going to have to tone there current pvp play style down and adapt differently now or prepare to die from some really stupid shit. I can already envision dead bodies littering the streets of high loot zones because ppl didn't take care to properly check the food they just ate or decided to not wear the appropriate clothing based on the weather conditions, etc.

What do you guys think after reading this? http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222617-status-report-17-mar-15/

About the clothing - they need to make the clothes do what they say in the description. There's that small, quilted jacket that in the description goes on about it being great for hikers and all weather except you get soaked in the rain.

• Like 1