Sign in to follow this  
tango81

Deer Hunting

Hey guys, anyone know where a good spot to hunt deer? I'm in need of something to carry water but haven't had any luck finding a PET or canteen so i figured if i could find a deer i could make the new leather water container.

I have been checking out deer stands and deer feed shacks. Any idea which one is better for a chance at spotting a deer?

Thanks!

Hey guys, anyone know where a good spot to hunt deer? I'm in need of something to carry water but haven't had any luck finding a PET or canteen so i figured if i could find a deer i could make the new leather water container.

I have been checking out deer stands and deer feed shacks. Any idea which one is better for a chance at spotting a deer?

Thanks!

My favorite place for hunting is the valley below Kozlovka. There are a few small settlements in that valley if you need a place to rest, and deer and boar roam that area pretty consistently. There may be other places to get one more easily, but I promise that you'll most enjoy the process if you hunt in this valley. Great place to trap rabbits as well, and the ponds on the western edge past the treeline are good places to fish.

http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html#c=-67;-61;5

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Dear Hunting,

I think it's time we broke up...it's not you, it's...well...you.

I am in love with Can of Peaches. He gives me everything you cannot, as you don't really work that well right now.

Maybe some day when you're more practical I shall return to you

Sincerely,

DeatHTaX

wait...OH! You said DEER hunting. Silly me.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 3

I honestly have not been hunting much in DayZ, ive been busy doing it in real life. but i know there is a deer usually around west of balota if you are in that area. Near Gorka there is a big field that is usually full of animals to.

• Like 1

Thanks guys ill start checking some of those spots! How easily spooked are they? Or do they let you walk right up to them lol

Green mountain and zelenogorsk. But BEWARE the deer's and kfher animals have been doing 360°s and other stuff maybe they are skateboarding this makes them hard to kill.

Green mountain and zelenogorsk. But BEWARE the deer's and kfher animals have been doing 360°s and other stuff maybe they are skateboarding this makes them hard to kill.

tony hawk pro deer

You could catch a rabbit with a snare made of wire and a stick.

I haven't tried to tan a rabbit pelt but I guess it yields one tanned leather, too?!

I got in a few days ago after the new patch and noticed as I sprinted to meet up with a friend that animals notice you from a lot further away maybe 100 - 200m away from you. This is much better :)

With this new AI the deer are like kids on their first motorcycle; They're doing donuts, speeding and riding wheelies all of Chernarus.