Sign in to follow this  
trtk

Nutrition/Hydration is Ridiculous

I'm not sure what got you so worked up.  All I did was post what happened to me last night.  Take it down a notch.

You were being a tad smarmy there, friend. And eating two cans in rapid succession is going to make you stuffed, end of story. 

Edited by Sacha

You were being a tad smarmy there, friend. And eating two cans in rapid succession is going to make you stuffed, end of story. 

Did someone say they were eaten in rapid succession?  Because I sure didn't...

Stop being so...smarmy.

Did someone say they were eaten in rapid succession?  Because I sure didn't...

Stop being so...smarmy.

If you got stuffed after two cans, that means you ate them one after the other. Pace yourself. 

One, it's not a game. It's an early access alpha, i.e. the stage of development typically not released to the public. 

Two, the decision to go for a new engine was made to improve the game. Who in their right mind would pass up on an opportunity to improve their game? Changing the engine is a work that has been going on since pretty much day one. It's not like they up and decided one day to just go for a new engine.

Three, I would say that a lot of the player drop (if there even is one) is due to frustrated people (like you) who do not understand the concept of early access, and were expecting a full, finished game, despite the constant warnings that this is in fact not the case.

Lol fanboi,let me say this i know development cycles and trust me i know early access stop using them for this game..

Because the main thing is the engine,and the engine there using was never going to cut the mustard PERIOD.

So if they felt that the engine was going to hold it back from day 1 why did they even release it,because in my books that's highway robbery tbh...

Do you even know that the engine will be finished and working?No,neither do they which then takes me to this point,this is a studio which has released games before.

So why would you risk damaging your brand with stupid work ethics like this..

The game numbers have been going downwards for a reason...

Here they are..the game is 1 and hackers is 2..

Both are never going to be fixed in this game,1 is because of the engine and 2 is because of the outdated anti cheat that is static....

The teleporting that was going on stealing players gear should never happen in game...

Lol fanboi,let me say this i know development cycles and trust me i know early access stop using them for this game..

Because the main thing is the engine,and the engine there using was never going to cut the mustard PERIOD.

So if they felt that the engine was going to hold it back from day 1 why did they even release it,because in my books that's highway robbery tbh...

Do you even know that the engine will be finished and working?No,neither do they which then takes me to this point,this is a studio which has released games before.

Both are never going to be fixed in this game,1 is because of the engine and 2 is because of the outdated anti cheat that is static....

The teleporting that was going on stealing players gear should never happen in game...

Bro you're all over the place; stick to a topic. If the game upsets you so much, don't play it. I for one enjoy the game and have faith that it will get exponentially better in the coming months and even more so at the end of the year. Player drop was easily predictable with an early access game. I haven't seen a single cheater since 0.53 and they have been dramatically reduced since the anti-cheat updates. You're lying if you claim otherwise.

Edited by solodude23

Robbery implies they took your money by force. Did a Bohemia employee break into your house, hold a gun to your head and force you to buy the alpha? No, they did not, so that's your first argument done.

Why wouldn't they release the alpha, just because they are still working on a new engine? There are still tons and tons of other things that need to be implemented and tested. So you're saying that this is a studio that knows what it's doing that doesn't know what it's doing? Right. That's your second argument done.

You seem to think that hackers only exist in DayZ. You should see some of the shit going on in other online games. As long as there are online games, there are going to be hackers. It is also a problem that is greatly exaggerated. People tend to blame hackers for bugs, glitches and their own carelessness. I've encountered two or three of them since I started playing in June 2014. I've died around 100 times, if not more, and only once was I certain it was a hacker, as he popped right in front of me and shot me. So that's 1% of my deaths caused by hackers. 

For all the problems plaguing this game, DayZ still gets very positive reviews across the board, whereas most of the similar games out there get mixed reviews at best. So clearly, the devs must be doing something right. 

I don't know if it's part of the upcoming stamina systems but I coincidentally switched to slow walking most of the time after the stomach/drinking changes. It takes me way longer to get anywhere but it seems like I'm getting really good realistic endurance with my energy and hydration covering more distance on less. 

aaaand back to the Topic,

i found it rather easy to avoid "MEGASTUFFED" after drinking from fountains in simplay drinking from my canteens. I guess the amouth of intake from drinking from wells shall be reduced.

As far as getting healthy/energized, ist as easy as before. Heck 3 human Steak get you there instantly. ( uncooked)

Bro you're all over the place; stick to a topic. If the game upsets you so much, don't play it. I for one enjoy the game and have faith that it will get exponentially better in the coming months and even more so at the end of the year. Player drop was easily predictable with an early access game. I haven't seen a single cheater since 0.53 and they have been dramatically reduced since the anti-cheat updates. You're lying if you claim otherwise.

There still about ,got single shot last nite me and a friend..so trust me there about.

Oh also dont bout you but i can see some of the sections where they are talking bout whats going on with the anti cheat,and trust me there just cruizin..

Robbery implies they took your money by force. Did a Bohemia employee break into your house, hold a gun to your head and force you to buy the alpha? No, they did not, so that's your first argument done.

Why wouldn't they release the alpha, just because they are still working on a new engine? There are still tons and tons of other things that need to be implemented and tested. So you're saying that this is a studio that knows what it's doing that doesn't know what it's doing? Right. That's your second argument done.

You seem to think that hackers only exist in DayZ. You should see some of the shit going on in other online games. As long as there are online games, there are going to be hackers. It is also a problem that is greatly exaggerated. People tend to blame hackers for bugs, glitches and their own carelessness. I've encountered two or three of them since I started playing in June 2014. I've died around 100 times, if not more, and only once was I certain it was a hacker, as he popped right in front of me and shot me. So that's 1% of my deaths caused by hackers. 

For all the problems plaguing this game, DayZ still gets very positive reviews across the board, whereas most of the similar games out there get mixed reviews at best. So clearly, the devs must be doing something right. 

Its a figure of speech the term "highway robbery."

Because if the engine is being worked on this in itself causes players to lose faith because of the way the game currently is..

Do you not see the 2 linked together?

The term game development means that the game not the engine so.....

The issue is yes they might be getting good reviews but it only lasts for a bit then players patience starts to wear thin...

So tell me what other game that has been put into a alpha that has had a incomplete engine running please..

Just 1 will do..

i noticed this last nite.

The thristy and eating options come round very quick when i was fully healthy and hydrated....

And the stuffed issue is a pain in the backside...

Oh and tbh,the main reason this game will fail is because its been changed so much all the time in regards to issues like this...

But instead of fixing issues they want to add more clothes trust me this game will fail because of issues like this.

And cheating as well...

And dont start saying that every game has hackers...because i understand this its the issue of how they are doing stuff and how its easy to prevent most of theses issues.

You seem to spend a lot of time on the forums and within a game you outwardly seem to dislike so much. There are plenty of finished, released games out there. Try one of those and come back when the game is done. People might take some notice of you if you have a valid complaint about a finished game.

Couldnt agree more. Seems to just be bugged at the moment. I stay away from those water pumps after this last patch that is for sure!

It's an interesting poem, but I think you would be better sticking to a haiku or limerick structure.

Edited by Beav

Its a little wonky, but I am confident that it will be worked out when their ready.

Just RP it. There is an illness going around Cherarus LoL.

I hope that they keep working on the eating/drinking (as well as the hot/cold+clothing) status effect stuff.  It's been way too easy to keep yourself at a healthy status, it's kind of refreshing to have a new maintenance.  Adding more complexity here is a good thing IMO.  Obviously it still needs tweaking but I just don't see it as deserving of a temper tantrum.

I hope that they keep working on the eating/drinking (as well as the hot/cold+clothing) status effect stuff.  It's been way too easy to keep yourself at a healthy status, it's kind of refreshing to have a new maintenance.  Adding more complexity here is a good thing IMO.  Obviously it still needs tweaking but I just don't see it as deserving of a temper tantrum.

This. It's definitely not as easy to get the healthy status now, but that's a good thing. I now carry a backpack full of tuna and peaches, and every now and then I have a munch. I haven't been hungry or thirsty since spawning in, and I'm now slowly working my way up to getting energized and hydrated properly. This seems like a much more natural process, compared to the previous systrem which allowed you to stuff five cans of food down your gullet and then wash it down with three cans of soda, without negative effects. Another step in the right direction.

There's a lot of misunderstanding in this thread.

I will attest that *something* got bugged with 0.54 and it's affecting every character a little differently (or not at all). I've had different experiences day-to-day on this version even on the same character on the same branch. Those of you having issues? You're not alone. Those of you not having issues? Don't assume that just because you aren't having issues that no one else is either, or that they are simply whining. I'm not here to whine, I'm just informing you that it's a bug that is not universally affecting everyone (same as the crashing issue).

EDIT: I do want to point out that some people affected by this issue are, in fact, whining. There's a difference between pointing out a legitimate issue -- and having a discussion about it -- and straight-up whining about it.

Edited by Tatanko

IMO they should just change it back to the status durations of the early mod and make food extremely rare (as in 2 items of food per town)