Sign in to follow this  
TheMaxedout

What is your longest recorded shot?

Max 20m with double barrel. Someone tried to sneak behind and come to hit me with an axe. He really wasnt too sneaky fella when he's running in the open. North Berezino when there's no buildings anymore.

Max 20m with double barrel. Someone tried to sneak behind and come to hit me with an axe. He really wasnt too sneaky fella when he's running in the open. North Berezino when there's no buildings anymore.

Got one similar to that once. Guy was moving from the Eastern jail at NEAF to the ATC, I was laying in the grass down by the fence. Popped up and shot both barrels right as he was entering the ATC. Had no idea if I hit him. Took me maybe 3 minutes to go check it out, sure enough there was his dead body just inside the door way. Need to check my video folder when I get home and see if I still have that clip.

Edited by SpartanxApathy
  • Like 1

I just missed the island shot to the top door in the prison the other day. Spotter said I hit the railing.

That had to be over 1000m from the distance to the garbage can was X to the small island. from the hill.

Almost impossible to hit anyone to the island btw.

I would like to go fishing :)

but the question is are you willing to join me in a server and you stand back over 1000m and test the range out? I am sure others will find this funny too... knowing that their kill shots are more then accurate, i have seen it.

Most of these are just like fishing stories. I would really like to see some proof!!! B)

I think the best I got was around 482m in elektro cant remember the range finders exact measurements 

I would like to go fishing :)

but the question is are you willing to join me in a server and you stand back over 1000m and test the range out? I am sure others will find this funny too... knowing that their kill shots are more then accurate, i have seen it.

Only if I can shoot back!

• Like 1

I just missed the island shot to the top door in the prison the other day. Spotter said I hit the railing.

That had to be over 1000m from the distance to the garbage can was X to the small island. from the hill.

Almost impossible to hit anyone to the island btw.

Not Impossible I was getting the "x" then moved up to the face of the hill instead of the peak of it just take your time its possible.

Not Impossible I was getting the "x" then moved up to the face of the hill instead of the peak of it just take your time its possible.

Reading ftl :( sorry i read this wrong.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Only if I can shoot back!

Buck your welcome to come onto the whitelisted server, ill give you some guns and we can go target practicing. Actually would be good to meet others in the sniper area.

Right now RP has whitelisting off our server is being discussed if we are going to leave it on or off to protect pvp players.

But i would be honored if you wanted to join us sometime on the server and screw around like that. Hook me up on Steam anytime <z>Sneakydude. The shot i am talking about is on whiteface mountain to the open right field close to the houses, we shot at bambie there too and i saw blood splater out of him. Thats way more then a 1200 shot. But i did not kill him or i would be saying so. I think i aimed a good 4-5 inches on that one too, lordbud would have to remember for me the exact details if it was farther or closer then his shot. We went through close to 30 rounds each messing around.

Its all good fun

My longest is approx. 800m from the rocky cliff north of Svetlojarsk to a field south of Svet B) I fired a few times but the last one went through the brain case. One of my buddies that was in the city confirmed the kill for me.

What I would consider my best shot - 250-300m shot from a house in Elektro near the Western most firestation to the edge of the field north of Elektro. One shot head shot on a player in full sprint. 

This was in the Mosin + LRS + bipod + compensator days

You guys know dayzdb has a built in ranging thing right, you don't need to estimate so much haha

My longest shot was back in the Mod. It was from the top of the Black Mountain Castle (or some similar castle, do not remember which). It was not recorded so I do not have proof except my story.

I was in a firefight with a ghillie suit guy. We were inside the castle, trying to get a shot on each other. It lasted quite a while, possibly half an hour in which shots rang every few minutes from different positions as we tried to outsmart the opponent.

I took position on the highest tower and he was on the opposite one. A bullet missed me by an inch when I peeked out behind a wall. I knew. I knew he will land a shot next time if I stay exposed more than 3-4 seconds. My plan was to wait until he fires the next bullet. Then pop out of the cover immediately to catch him exposed.

A shot ranged. I exploded out of my cover, zoomed in on his silhouette and fired away. Got him in the arm. He ducked behind a wall immediately.

I ran down the my tower and went straight to his tower to suprise him while he was bandaging. I went in SWAT style,covering all corners,making my way to the top. Toughest part is to get to the roof itself. No cover on those stairs. So I sneak up, listening. No sound. Final peek of my head on the top of the stairs. Hoped I do not loose it hehe.

He was not there!

Damn.

Now I am paranoid again. He could be anywhere. He might have me in his sights right then and there. I am fucked again.

Not waiting a second,I make my way back to the highest tower to get the best position again. 10-15 minutes passed by. No glimps of him. No shots. Nothing. I start being more and more dominant, finnaly standing out of my cover, entire castle under my scope.

Is the castle mine? Looks that way. But cannot be sure. Never saw his body. Did he log out? Ran away?

Yep. He ran away from the castle. Saw him accidentaly from the top of the tower. He was running accros the big open field, directly away from my position. Very little horizontal movement, only vertical as he sprinted away.

Zoomed in, adjusted range to 700. Lead the shot about 3 cm on the screen. Bang. Direct hit, he dropped like a wet bag. I tried to imagine his thoughts at that moment. He must have been so dissapointed. I felt good and bad at the same time.

Edited by Calvin Candie

Buck your welcome to come onto the whitelisted server, ill give you some guns and we can go target practicing. Actually would be good to meet others in the sniper area.

Right now RP has whitelisting off our server is being discussed if we are going to leave it on or off to protect pvp players.

But i would be honored if you wanted to join us sometime on the server and screw around like that. Hook me up on Steam anytime <z>Sneakydude. The shot i am talking about is on whiteface mountain to the open right field close to the houses, we shot at bambie there too and i saw blood splater out of him. Thats way more then a 1200 shot. But i did not kill him or i would be saying so. I think i aimed a good 4-5 inches on that one too, lordbud would have to remember for me the exact details if it was farther or closer then his shot. We went through close to 30 rounds each messing around.

Its all good fun

Just now saw this post. Ill add you tonight when I get on! Sounds like a good time to me. I believe your shots I was just giving everyone a hard time haha

I don't usually snipe because I don't have the patience typically. I'm more of a pistol & close quarters combat kind of person. I don't have any videos but probably 700~800m was my longest. I ganked this guy as he was in a firefight with someone else. (I did end up killing two other people in that camp but they were in the city, thus closer) /noshame

733253779d.jpg

http://puu.sh/gjO7A/f61f801ec7.jpg

http://puu.sh/gjO8C/2c8ba9b978.jpg

Edited by Maia

Any 800m+ claims require a video, with rangefinder. Otherwise I call BS. I'm no sniper, best I've done is around 500m.

About 150m in the wilderness, with a sporter 22 on a bandit who was holding up a fresh spawn. The fresh spawn proceeded to kill me.

Edited by HappyXceed

Any 800m+ claims require a video, with rangefinder. Otherwise I call BS. I'm no sniper, best I've done is around 500m.

Hey, I thought that's what the whole thread was going to be. It's kind of funny how the make believe responses have gotten more love than the ones with video proof. Maybe there's still a market for text adventures after all.

And yes, it's true, my ego is a little hurt that you're not praising me. =P

• Like 1

A clan mate the other day did a 800+ shot onto the island. It was so good of a shot the person whom received it messaged me saying "he shot him in the bino's" from the tower to the top of the tower. He laid down.

As the person was looking from the island to shoot back, as soon as he started to scan the area with the bino's he got hit directly in the glass and died by 1 shot.

I am going to estimate it closer to 1k because I messured 800 + from the shoreline to the top section, ill have to do more measurements but I would say that is one hell of a great shot by anyone. The aim after 600m can sway so much you never seem to hit well. If you do hit, it takes sometimes 3-4 shots to bring down the targets.

Here is mine.  Ranges around 900m from sniper position (http://www.izurvive.com/#c=-72;-41;7) to kill location (Fire station) at sea level, so I estimate 920m to 950m if you take elevation into account.

I wasnt planning on killing the guy but he seemed to want me to do it.  Skip to the last 30 seconds if you just want to see the kill

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

About 3m - 4m. Was pretty tough to pull off. He was on one end of a room in the school building in Elektro and I was way on the other side of the room. Obviously required a lot of skill to hit a moving target. Rangefinder helped, of course, but ultimately my skills were the deciding factor in landing such a well-calculated shot.

Did you need to adjust for windage?

Here is mine.  Ranges around 900m from sniper position (http://www.izurvive.com/#c=-72;-41;7) to kill location (Fire station) at sea level, so I estimate 920m to 950m if you take elevation into account.

I wasnt planning on killing the guy but he seemed to want me to do it.  Skip to the last 30 seconds if you just want to see the kill

Nice job beav,

Notice the height you had to do, and the 1-3 sec delay. moving targets are just lucky hits though

Nice job beav,

Notice the height you had to do, and the 1-3 sec delay. moving targets are just lucky hits though

Thanks mate.

Yeah I've still to hit a moving target from that range.  Fired off about 20 shots from 800m to tripple yellow in Cherno the other day and nothing hit due to the guy was weaving back and forth.

Need lots more practice :)