Sign in to follow this  
Chaingunfighter

1911 & Makarov should not have suppressors

The most recent experimental update has pistol suppressors that spawn almost everywhere.

Additionally, it seems as if the 1911 and Makarov are now able to use them, unlike before where it was just the FNX45 and CR75 that could use them. As versatile as that makes the other pistols, I still believe that suppressors should be left to the smaller set of weapons. Why?

Take a look at these;

300px-Colt_1911.png

260px-Makarov.png

That's the 1911 and Makarov.

Now take a look at these:

300px-CR75.png

286px-FNX45.png?version=933e8527b2e6f0ed

Both of them have a threaded barrel which would allow for a suppressor to be attached. The 1911 and Makarov do not have these, so it makes no sense that they can use one that clearly requires barrel threads to be added.

300px-PBS.png?version=66cd31b209a357cfd4

^ Would not attach to the 1911 at all, Makarov is unlikely.

Besides the fact that it is just incorrect, it sort of removes some of the grandeur of the former pistols. Having the ability to mount a suppressor was a serious factor beforehand and now basically every pistol can use one, so it is no longer a consideration players have to make, and I feel like that's detrimental to the game.

Regardless, I understand that it's early and the devs might just be testing to see how the pistol suppressor works in general, but in the end only threaded barreled pistols should use them.

• Like 7

And also, what is this?

ka48W3c.jpg?1

• Like 7

Yes, agree only because of realism but I believe the engraved 1911 should come with a barrel thread because I love the 1911. This would be simple and realistic since all it would require is a barrel change.

Edited by Jacobahalls

No keep the 1911 with suppressor! And i really hope the devs doesn't change it becuase i was happy to see those guns come with a suppressor option

• Like 1

Make useless guns usefull is what they are trying to do here. Taking silencers off will make them useless.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Make useless guns usefull is what they are trying to do here. Taking silencers off will make them useless.

The 1911, even without suppressor was always my secondary to go. It's a beast and an awesome weapon.

And also, what is this?

ka48W3c.jpg?1

Poor little P1...  :(

Looks hideous like this. Megatron would be ashamed.

• Like 1

No keep the 1911 with suppressor! And i really hope the devs doesn't change it becuase i was happy to see those guns come with a suppressor option

If they wanted to they could add a threaded barrel to this model and then it'd be perfectly fine with mounting a suppressor. It's just really damn odd for the current version to have one.

Ideally they'd add a threaded barrel to the current variants and add a classic style 1911 that spawns as a civilian weapon, with the tactical one being a military spawn.

• Like 1

And also, what is this?

ka48W3c.jpg?1

If they had a P38K I could understand but to see thats simply a P1 just amazes me.... why

they should add a suppressor kit for the makarov but pistols without threaded barrels shouldn't fit suppressors

Completely agree.

Realistic accessory integration please.

No modularity for the sake of it.

Useless... I still remember the days of the mod + 1.62 patch when it could take 2 full Makarov mags to kill a fresh spawn. Maybe these pistols wouldn't be so "useless" if they spawned with an empty mag nearby. And who cares? If the game is going to let us magically attach suppressors to the end of these practically flush, non-threaded barrels they may as well let us put the long range scope on the SKS and AKs. No mounting woes, just use Bohemia Glue ("the first adhesive that can glue things in midair - Czech it out today!").

• Like 1

I just want pistol suppressors and mp5 suppressors.

Should be no reason why you cant retrofit any gun, however I do agree don't over do it. Make it somewhat a gun that's highly sought after. Maybe 3-4 maximum, of different variants.

I just want pistol suppressors and mp5 suppressors.

Should be no reason why you cant retrofit any gun, however I do agree don't over do it. Make it somewhat a gun that's highly sought after. Maybe 3-4 maximum, of different variants.

pistol suppressers are in game again as of patch .54 exp build 2. And you can attach a pistol supresser on a mp5k but there's a compensater to. Edited by DaNic2553