Sign in to follow this  
emuthreat

To the two that KOS'd at NW last night.

I have turned to the dark side, see you in my scope.

Oh no guys, we got another bad ass here. You got killed through lack of one thing, and one thing only, situational awareness, you have it, or you're dead but, you chose to blame the players that kill you and claim no one understands your post but, then threaten all that disagree with you with the same action you're complaining about. It sounds like you got butt hurt and just want others to feel your pain, not caring who.

Its a game dude, settle down., gear comes and goes and there will always some one that will get the drop on you, deal with it.

Oh no guys, we got another bad ass here. You got killed through lack of one thing, and one thing only, situational awareness, you have it, or you're dead but, you chose to blame the players that kill you and claim no one understands your post but, then threaten all that disagree with you with the same action you're complaining about. It sounds like you got butt hurt and just want others to feel your pain, not caring who.

Its a game dude, settle down., gear comes and goes and there will always some one that will get the drop on you, deal with it.

exactly. its not real life. theres a reason people say dont get attached to your gear.

• Like 1

I think we should have a little reading comprehension workshop here on DayZ forums.  Perhaps some instruction on satire as well.  I believe I did clearly mention bland, unoriginal gameplay as my gripe, not that I got sent to the coast with a chip on my shoulder.  The majority of my decent gear was in the woods at the time, and agian, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in the OP.  So instead of me repeating myself here for the third time, I'll just refer you all back to the top of the thread.  

Calling out the people who killed me, for not taking the time and skill to stalk us back to the woods where the stash pile was hidden.  Their loss, but I suppose everybody has a couple tents full of good stuff by now.  I was just wondering where all of these creative and skilled players are.

Lastly, many of you seem to be taking this more seriously than I intended.  I don't want to go full-troll here, but the overly dramatic wording and reference to the dark side should have been enough tip-off most people with two healthy neurons to rub together.

• Like 1

Hardly, if anything you saved them time by being able to look at what you grabbed for them. No reason not to kill everyone you see unless you want to try playing like a normal person would act.

They would have had a much better payoff if they had watched us for another twenty minutes.  Would you like one of these lovely marshmallows?

i agree. you are in a top pvp spot which is common knowledge that its KOS there and you get mad cause they kill you.and took your gear. you said you dont care about being killed or about your gear... so why even make the post.

You dint done full readin there pardner.  I forgive you for not understanding the words in front of your face.

They would have had a much better payoff if they had watched us for another twenty minutes.  Would you like one of these lovely marshmallows?

Marshmallows? Camping? Sounds like fun.

I think we should have a little reading comprehension workshop here on DayZ forums.  Perhaps some instruction on satire as well.  I believe I did clearly mention bland, unoriginal gameplay as my gripe, not that I got sent to the coast with a chip on my shoulder.  The majority of my decent gear was in the woods at the time, and agian, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in the OP.  So instead of me repeating myself here for the third time, I'll just refer you all back to the top of the thread.  

Calling out the people who killed me, for not taking the time and skill to stalk us back to the woods where the stash pile was hidden.  Their loss, but I suppose everybody has a couple tents full of good stuff by now.  I was just wondering where all of these creative and skilled players are.

Lastly, many of you seem to be taking this more seriously than I intended.  I don't want to go full-troll here, but the overly dramatic wording and reference to the dark side should have been enough tip-off most people with two healthy neurons to rub together.

What if they just don't care about your gear or your stash? Perhaps they just killed you because it is fun to kill?

the last 2 guys that tried to hold me up got mosin shots to the dome from my buddy about 100m away... standing outside of a building at nwaf trying to hold someone up isnt a smart play. just saying.

I don't like being KOS'd at NWAF either. So I stopped going there instead of bitching about it.

I went back, and I had a much better experience this time.

I was in the south jail building and noticed someone outside, so I went down and waited under the stairs for the door to open.  My sawed-off shotgun made short work of his legs, and after realizing that crawling back to finish me off with his Makarov wasn't going to work, we began to negotiate.  I made him a splint and gave him the pants I was wearing, and we went on to loot the NW hangars.  A friend of mine met us near the hangers and we went on a very tense looting of tent city.  After taking him to one of my giving trees, where I let him take as much 9mm and 7.62x39 as he wanted, he went off to meet his friend.  

Would you like to compare these two storys and try to tell me what the differences were, that led to it being a more positive experience?  Perhaps it was the interaction we had AFTER the shooting, that added to the richness of the gameplay.  What made all of this possible?

the last 2 guys that tried to hold me up got mosin shots to the dome from my buddy about 100m away... standing outside of a building at nwaf trying to hold someone up isnt a smart play. just saying.

Gettin a good LOS on the building and waiting for them to exit seems safe enough.  Maybe follow them to a more opportune place.  Anywho, it seems that the point has been lost. Too many people with poor reading comprehension skills, just looking to find something to latch on to and criticise, while ignoring or missing the point.

I'm pretty sure we all get the point, but it's still a tired rant... boo hoo, there was no foreplay involved. Just wham, bam, get looted ma'am. Why would I want to talk to you when all I want is the stuff that you've gathered for me? You're not important, and talking to you will get me nowhere. Killing you will net me more loot to more efficiently survive and kill others with, and that's all I care about. 

I'm pretty sure we all get the point, but it's still a tired rant... boo hoo, there was no foreplay involved. Just wham, bam, get looted ma'am. Why would I want to talk to you when all I want is the stuff that you've gathered for me? You're not important, and talking to you will get me nowhere. Killing you will net me more loot to more efficiently survive and kill others with, and that's all I care about. 

One more who can't read... Half the decent loot in that base was out in the woods already.  They took the quick reward path and missed out the good stuff.

I was taunting them over the missed opportunity due to hasty action.  And yes, I was indulging in the hackneyed practice of advocating richer play experiences.  So shoot me.  :)

Today I walked towards a V3S, My character brushed past the front as I was on my way to the drivers door.... You are dead

It didn't warn me, It didn't interact with me at all, It just reached out and took my character with his full ghillies suit away.....
I feel your pain

• Like 1

Id rather have pvp with anyone shooting me while in a tavern, at least you did not have to go through the "each public server having invisible man trick" every death in pvp with people ends in an invisible axe.

I hate public now.

Edit:  Before reading this post, it is strongly recommended that you are familiar with the concept of HYPERBOLE.

Congratulations!  By silently strolling up to the tavern and shooting through the windows, you have just spoiled my enjoyment of the game.  I hope that's what you were looking for.  You could at least say hello.  Maybe tell us to drop our gear and come out of the building.  You didn't even taunt or insult us afterwords.  Please try to add some flavor to the game in the future.  Now I have to spend two hours getting back to my gear stashes, while thinking about what bland and unoriginal asshats you are; and I didn't even catch your names.

It's not so much that I'm pissed about getting KOS'd again, for no reason, with no interaction.  I don't care about the gear; maybe just the two

FNX mags I found for the gun I had stashed out in the woods somewhere.   But that's my point, I stashed all my good gear in the woods, you only ruined my greed-gear.  I honestly don't know why I was running around NWAF again; we were supposed to be finding a place to set up the tents we had found earlier.  You could have had a golden opportunity to trade or rob us while we were trapped inside the buliding--but you chose the simple path.  The same path that is offered by practically every other game on the market:  see player, shoot player, repeat as available.

Basically all you did was waste my time, and yours.  We may as well have been NPC, for all the quality interaction you got out of shooting fish in a barrel.  So thank you, I now accept  that I am ONLY allowed to play Rural Murder Simulator 2015, instead of the cooperative online zombie survival experience that was advertised.  R.I.P. DayZ  SA

I'll meet you back there sometime this afternoon perhaps?  Or more likely just KOS anyone who happens to be there.  You're welcome in advance.

To anyone else who would like the opportunity to play this game as anything other than another open world murder simulator that will never even be as fun as GTA5, you can blame the two unnamed asshats I mentioned earlier, because now I accept that I have no choice but to stoop to their level.

Emu, your a nice person, seem to be fairly smart.

Im going to tell you something becuase I care, and want to save you future head aches. Heres the thing Dayz is filled with players that are not nice, pretty much un freindly and some really not that smart, at least not in game. Think of it like having go through in a really bad naborhood filled with shady people and criminals. Its true. Go into it expecting that. Sure sure we all met a nice random player here in there. After playing this game for over a year now, I can tell you about 80% of randoms you meet in game are not at all freindly, and do not have your best interests in mind. You see most dayz players, play shooters outside or before they played day z and there whole game is to shoot other players. Its the sad truth. I find I surive much much longer, pretty much not making contact with anyone in game, unless I really have too.

My policy is with randoms. If they got a weapon in hand, unless the just killing zombies, I pretty much consider them hostile. I either kill them or flee. Quote from the red baron "only fight battles you think you can win". I find that quote really applys to the SA when playing solo and to survive. Fits well. If the player does not have a weapon in hand and seems to be just going from one place to another, I will leave them alone but making sure I keep and eye on them and make sure they cant see me.  If some one does make contact with me I keep it vary breif, then leave the area quickly. If someone makes contact with me, then trolls me or tells misleading information, I consider them hostile and either shoot or flee. I just dont trust randoms.

http://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs I feel like francis playing dayz toward random players in dayz all paranoid. hahahaha Infact many are that way.

But serously though dayz really is a hostile game, players tend to complete dicks to each other if they dont know each other. They are hell bent on wrecking players game play and shooting players. In fact QQing or complaining about KOSing only provides them entertainment and makes the do it even more. Its not going to change either, best thing to do is adapt. Dont fight the grain. The best way to make freinds with players is outside the game, by joining a group or making freinds on steam or TS.

Edited by CJFlint

Sorry but it's the NW airfield and I can't have sympathy for the OP even though I agree with him somewhat.

So given the situation, you're in Indian country and most likely, OP and his friend weren't the only ones up there. Do you think people have time to parlay? Nope, shoot you, get it over as quick as possible and move on. They could have chatted then got shot in the back for doing so. I'd kill you up there in a heartbeat - any military place is KOS but anywhere else I'm only going to fight if you try to fight me.

• Like 2

But serously though dayz really is a hostile game, players tend to complete dicks to each other if they dont know each other. They are hell bent on wrecking players game play and shooting players. In fact QQing or complaining about KOSing only provides them entertainment and makes the do it even more. Its not going to change either, best thing to do is adapt. Dont fight the grain. The best way to make freinds with players is outside the game, by joining a group or making freinds on steam or TS.

Yeah, I must have used too many words in trying to say "nice cheap shot, I'll be comin' for ya; gonna re-arm with the pile of guns outside the base that you were too dumb to follow me to steal."  But yeah, I read the responses; griefers and #QQ guys rules the DayZ psyche.  I'll keep runnin against the grain though, trying to antagonize the simple-minded killers.

Just thought it was funny that my trip right back to NW brought a reasonable person--thus ending my rage-killing before it began.  Murpy strikes again.

But yeah, I'll try to tone down the trollbait in the future.  But now whenever I meet somebody, they're at least gonna get their pants ruined. That's my way of adapting. <_<

• Like 1

I love these posts.

Like really, isn't everyone gunning people down at the airfield?  It's like Somalia out there.

Edited by JeffNasty
  • Like 1

But yeah, I read the responses; griefers and #QQ guys rules the DayZ psyche.  I'll keep runnin against the grain though, trying to antagonize the simple-minded killers.

What the fuck did you actually expect? How many games have you played with decent communities? I literally can't think of one game in which people are nice. Not one. In any game, you'll meet the odd nice person, but in case you haven't noticed, the internet is made up of a slew of dipshits, douchebags, and dumbfucks. Read the comments on any YouTube video for proof of that.

If I made a post every time something stupid happened in DayZ, I'd never stop typing. You're just wasting your time, even if you are only trying to communicate how jaded you felt over an encounter. I've been slightly agitated over how an encounter has gone in the past, but these days I just silently /facepalm and move on.

What the fuck did you actually expect? How many games have you played with decent communities? I literally can't think of one game in which people are nice. Not one. In any game, you'll meet the odd nice person, but in case you haven't noticed, the internet is made up of a slew of dipshits, douchebags, and dumbfucks. Read the comments on any YouTube video for proof of that.

If I made a post every time something stupid happened in DayZ, I'd never stop typing. You're just wasting your time, even if you are only trying to communicate how jaded you felt over an encounter. I've been slightly agitated over how an encounter has gone in the past, but these days I just silently /facepalm and move on.

I was also trying to bait people into raiding my tent before it all goes away Tuesday evening.  But yeah, the experiment did yield the expected results.

I've read enough on these forums to know that anything with KOS in the title will get all the usual tough love responses.

I'd considered highlighting the portions that were in jest, but then I remebered who'd be reading it.  Their loss for not getting the humor, or the tent full of loot.

I was also trying to bait people into raiding my tent before it all goes away Tuesday evening.  But yeah, the experiment did yield the expected results.

I've read enough on these forums to know that anything with KOS in the title will get all the usual tough love responses.

I'd considered highlighting the portions that were in jest, but then I remebered who'd be reading it.  Their loss for not getting the humor, or the tent full of loot.

until theirs deep mechanics and deing is a real loss KOS and random/pointless pvp will be the order of the day. it's easy loot and if you die so what. deing is no biggie right now sadly. i wish so much there was a reason to think long-term but there isn't. all the essentials are plentiful and loot doesn't matter.