TSGN7

A (Former) Good Guy at the End of his Patience's Rant

Commence Rant:

Don't you just love it when you help out someone in DayZ; give them food, a gun, ammo, and send them on their way, just for two kids who shouldn't even be playing DayZ to KOS you from behind and ruin a good day and a half of scavving

Seriously; I might go Bandit, I'm losing my faith in the DayZ community. Sadly, instead of helping you down the line, I may shoot you just to ensure my own safety-too many times does a good soul in DayZ get a bullet to the brain from KOS'ing jerks. For the newer guys reading this; shoot on sight. These days, you have to just to get by. 

Rant Over

• Like 2

I don't try much anymore, people just kill me for no reason or a glitch kills me, I just take everything off and mess around on full servers lol.

People like that give us Bandits a bad name. What a cowardly act, I would never "trick" you into a false sense of security and then shoot when you are most vulnerable. That is the epitome of easy street. Whoever that was, was a basic bitch!

• Like 5

Commence Rant:

Don't you just love it when you help out someone in DayZ; give them food, a gun, ammo, and send them on their way, just for two kids who shouldn't even be playing DayZ to KOS you from behind and ruin a good day and a half of scavving

Seriously; I might go Bandit, I'm losing my faith in the DayZ community. Sadly, instead of helping you down the line, I may shoot you just to ensure my own safety-too many times does a good soul in DayZ get a bullet to the brain from KOS'ing jerks. For the newer guys reading this; shoot on sight. These days, you have to just to get by. 

Rant Over

Gotta say. I fully agree....and I never thought I would.

I am starting to trust nobody apart from those in my teamspeak. 

UPDATE:

I was killed on sight when I tried to open a can of food-

I am now a bandit-if I see you, you die-to hell with being the nice guy

• Like 1

mate, i give people the benefit of the doubt. until they have to die.

like lastnight, i had to execute 2 guys, 

1 guy i found in military place, i shot him, handcuffed him. removed his sks. bandaged him, saline, morphine etc.

left the loaded magnum on him.

went downstairs . used lockpick on prison building @ nwaf, ran back up stairs. he used handcuff keys or broke free somehow, took pot shots at me with the magnum. i did the old sidestep and wasted him.

poor chap. was given a chance and failed me.

other guy was one of those "shoot you in the heat of the moment" until they are out of bullets. then run off. then u pull out magnum /sidearm. he yells. DONT DONT > PLEASE DONT> 

then u let him run away from military base, u camp bush for 5 mins he comes back. nah. not today mate. 1bullet to the head.dead.

ive had enough of some of the punking in this game. but seriously its some funny stuff when u think about it.

thats why it has sold so many copies.

i got punked the other day by a girl. in svet, running around by hotels going "hello, anyone there, etc". i happend to just say "yeah hi". she came out , then from either side oft he hotel did 2 of her buddies. then she had a laugh and they killed me. honestly..... i had a laugh too. it was classic.

So you helped one person and then 2 different people showed up?  Most pairs/groups running around aren't nice guys helping other nice guys.  It's an alpha with nothing else to do and will be this way for, as things look now, another couple of years at least.  So go bandit and kill them all until the game has been polished(cross your fingers), then you can wipe the drool off your chin and play as Bear Grylls! 

But yeah, most have felt your pain.  For me it's cyclic.  All the way back to the mods release.  I might help someone, then try to help another... "Need a gun/bloodbag/drink?  I have a spare."  Black screen - You are dead.  Then you go and kill everyone you see for a few days and when you have regained your humanity, you give it another try.  Rinse and the essential repeat. 

DayZ has been doomed to harbor this sort of behavior since it's inception.  The SA held all sorts of promise such as a focus on anti-hack...  And then the source code was released which pretty much necessitated a new engine(because they just handed every hacker a key to the city), an engine(or bits and pieces cobbled together) which is in the works and will be for some time.  And shortly afterwards Rocket with his cargo pants full of cash decides that because he's climbed a mountain, he can run his own company.  Exit stage left.

My point is the game is jinxed.  It's been ruined since it's initial alpha release.  Because of the lack of activities, KOS has prevailed and will continue until a deterrent is implemented, but that most likely will never happen.  For the game to have been followed more as it was hoped to be, it should have been released when it was completed.  Seriously, what else are you going to do on a huge map with other players, 10 zombies and lots of guns?  Run around and kill each other until you have drool dripping from your chin.  

*Queue ominous tones for extra dramatic effect*    Binnggggg  Bonnggggg

Edited by SwitchSL
  • Like 1

Agree with the social engineering aspect for sure. Ie; People manipulating you into a trap etc. But it's now to the point where you, even after establishing a new relationship with another player, you have to keep a careful eye on he / she. Don't let your guard down because it just may end in tears.

Betrayal it seems is the flavor of the month. I, myself would feel terrible after punking somebody for no apparent reason other than to piss them off. But unless dying from a bug and / or glitch in this game I cannot really blame anybody but myself from the myriad of stupid ways I have perished. ...I have set my own destiny.

t r u s t    n o b o d y 

I'm starting to see why role play servers are getting (have gotten) so popular. Makes sense.

And shortly afterwards Rocket with his cargo pants full of cash decides that because he's climbed a mountain, he can run his own company.  Exit stage left.

My point is the game is jinxed.  It's been ruined since it's initial alpha release.  Because of the lack of activities, KOS has prevailed and will continue until a deterrent is implemented, but that most likely will never happen.  For the game to have been followed more as it was hoped to be, it should have been released when it was completed.  

Hate to hate on Dean but you are correct. He was never right for the job. And yes the game is floundering in the way of 'lack of activities' ...too much time between substantial changes / updates. The same old bugs that needed to be addressed 12 moths ago are still firmly entwined in the fabric of this engine. 

I love DayZ but it's like a bad relationship.

Edited by Zeotrope
  • Like 1

Many of our guys went KOS because of these reasons. I don't play public all that much because I keep getting killed by these scripters. I kill many of them too, and it feels really good. When it comes to fresh spawns I trust them even less then fully geared players.

But I like PVP so I play the game, not Farmville like some want it to be. Sorry but I feel some of us are split down the middle on what the game is suppose to be like.

Remove pvp and your community splits and plays something else. Ill bet you $$ on this.

So if you don't want to be killed look for a private PVE, RP game. Do not openly go to public and expect not to die by the axe. The more that populate the private, whitelisted servers you will have admins helping guide the server. They want fair game play either PVP or PVE.

I feel its your fault for playing in the wrong servers knowing fair well someone wants to pvp and you don't.

Just saying!

GGAGJOS.jpg

No, but seriously.. just be you. Don't change because others upset you. Hit respawn and shake it off like Taylor Swift! ;)

• Like 7

Play however you want but don't blame other people.  Their motivations have absolutely nothing to do with you.

Your story doesn't even make sense.  You helped a guy then got shot in the back by 2 completely different guys.  How is the act of you helping some one related to you being shot by a third party?

And even if you helped the guy and he himself shot you, then who cares?  Go on to the next one.  Threads like this just sound so lazy and bitchy.  If you can't handle never killing other players, then just do it, but don't act like you fell from grace.  It's your choice you're making, no one else's.  This game has pvp, you knew that from the start.

• Like 1

This game has pvp, you knew that from the start.

Truth be spoken.

I mean.. one of the first things they gave us in this game is the M4 and handcuffs. How anyone got confused from there on out is beyond me.

UPDATE:

I was killed on sight when I tried to open a can of food-

I am now a bandit-if I see you, you die-to hell with being the nice guy

Since when has the solution to the problem been to become part of the problem?

Have faith, a single good encounter is worth a dozen KoS encounters.

• Like 1

Seriously; I might go Bandit, I'm losing my faith in the DayZ community. 

badass-emperor.jpg

Gooooood...

Gooooood....

• Like 5

I know I sound like "that guy" but I haven't run into any KoS players in weeks now. Many friendly encounters, mostly just searching players bags and sending them on their way, and a few times teaming up and clearing Cherno for loot. 

I play on Australian 1st Person servers so it might be the combination of Aussie spirit and hardcore DayZ attitude...?

Havent starved to death in Ages. No Need to give food nor water to any freshy to "help" them...

srsly...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Commence Rant:

Rant Over

The dark side is happy to welcome you :D

• Like 1

Just play the game as minecraft survival games... Kill them all until you are the last one...

I understand your frustrations, but that's why all good "heroes" know when to GTFO of dodge ... After you help, you run , if you feel weary of what's going down ; don't bother to help... RUN , because what good is a dead hero to those in need? Oh and also expect to be attacked by whomever you save. It sounds strange but when you start thinking that everyone you help is going to kill you , you start to operate quicker , and think more paranoid often resulting in hero success :).

See we can't be like all the"heroes" in the movies (never backs out of trouble to help someone) because in the real world you can't save everyone, you have to "pick and choose your battles" so to speak. So if you even think of saving or helping someone you have to think of all the scenarios that could go down and be ok with the consequences, so I usually avoid : Bambi's or geared players randomly yelling into mic tryin to get anyone's attention , ANYONE who is desperately starving(just leave food for them in the middle of the street where they are running towards w/o being seen), anyone in large open areas with lots of places to hide (like a town square), or groups of geared players (I never help those who can help themselves unless they are in my squad).

Don't lose hope young grasshopper (although it looks you already have lol !). Being a hero is more fun than a bandits life anyway, we live longer, make more friends, are more handsome, get all the ladies, and occasionally we drink dos equis(we don't always drink beer but when we do ...)

• Like 2

OP, I believe you are mad because you give more importance to your loot then it is needed. You gotta let go the loot materialism man, it only brings bad feelings

• Like 1

Play one night with me, I'll restore thy faith lost child.

Play with me one night and...oh :huh: