john5220

DayZ Dev hints at possible DX 12 Engine, are you all willing to wait? I know I am

well cheap hardware SHOULD go well with DayZ. Its up the Devs just look at Battlefield 4, stunning game, very large map 64 player servers and runs fantastic

Look at Planetside 2, not so great graphics I agree, but giant map bigger than DayZ, yet runs 100% better performance than DayZ

well cheap hardware SHOULD go well with DayZ. Its up the Devs just look at Battlefield 4, stunning game, very large map 64 player servers and runs fantastic

Look at Planetside 2, not so great graphics I agree, but giant map bigger than DayZ, yet runs 100% better performance than DayZ

Last time i checked those are finished products.

I yet have to see a Alpha Version that runs well and stable across the board. ( beign participant in Alpha programms since 2005, at times even evaluating for Publishers )

Also comparisons dont work well enginewise due to either great differences in how they Approach the use of Hardware AND in case of dayZ the unfinished implementation of better tech.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Cor blimey, maybe I can get my old IBM 286 to run the game (once optimised), not that it was cheap at the time !

• Like 1

Cor blimey, maybe I can get my old IBM 286 to run the game (once optimised), not that it was cheap at the time !

That will have to wait until my friend can run it on the win95 potato he keeps in his garage.

Last time i checked those are finished products.

I yet have to see a Alpha Version that runs well and stable across the board. ( beign participant in Alpha programms since 2005, at times even evaluating for Publishers )

Also comparisons dont work well enginewise due to either great differences in how they Approach the use of Hardware AND in case of dayZ the unfinished implementation of better tech.

I see the crack dealer is still in your hood there bruv....

And tbh ive seen games come out in Alpha and run decent...

The biggest issue with this game is the engine period...

It was the very same with the new frostbite engine,did you even play the alpha or beta?

So let me get this right your saying that this engine will be better then frostbite or the planetside2 engine....

Yes, as I recollect, IBM was right proud of those AT and XT machines when they first launched!

So let me get this right your saying that this engine will be better then frostbite or the planetside2 engine....

no honey. reread what i wrote.

Well your last line says it all..

Last time i compared apples to oranges the differences where rather obvious.

Well your last line says it all..

No idea what you are after here tbh. But ist not reading comprehension...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I suspect BF3 doesn't have quite the draw distance that DayZ has. Also, most things in DayZ are actual objects, not phantom bushes for example.

I don't think there is a maximum draw distance in BF3/4. I've seen videos with 3km+ sniper shots and in BF3 the longest sniper shot was somewhere around 4km. Frostbite 2 is pretty amazing from a technical perspective.

3,1GHz AMD 8 core, big SSD, 16 gigz of ram and dual ATI  HD 6970 was hardly cheap 3 years ago, even when compared to current hardware standards. Besides i can run games like BF4 on ultra without problems.30-40 fps is the lowest i go.

15 fps is just unacceptable.

Maybe one day i will actually be able to make some cool videos of my own...something to look forward to i guess.

I just put together a PC that runs DayZ on high graphics for £560 excluding the monitor I had to buy extra. I would call that cheap hardware - PM me if you want to know more - it's also really easy to put it together too :)