Sign in to follow this  
AdamantiuM

Did .53 remove sunglasses?!?

Seriously... none of my friends or myself can seem to find sunglasses of ANY kind since the update, and we've been all over. I've played probably like 20+ hrs this week, been to Novo, Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, and everywhere in between, and haven't seen any sunglasses at all. I need my Aviators!!!

• Like 2

I was wearing the Rocket Aviators yesterday in Cherno. Maybe you are just unlucky.

I was thinking overall loot percentages have changed with new items swamping quite a bit more than old items as I see more rain coats, brooms, and flare guns than anything anymore. Could just be that few people grab the rain coats and brooms but still it seems like the counts are off. 

Edited by trujuice

Private or public?

I haven't come across any sunglasses at all this patch on public.

Actually, it was a private server, so maybe that's why.

Did they also remove all the parts of the map pieces except SE part? I haven't found any other parts.

• Like 1

Did they also remove all the parts of the map pieces except SE part? I haven't found any other parts.

I've got a whole map I assembled from parts on public servers, and I've found can openers.  I haven't seen sunglasses, though.

I've got a whole map I assembled from parts on public servers, and I've found can openers.  I haven't seen sunglasses, though.

Well then I must have very bad luck. I've found like 10 pieces and sometimes even mutliple pieces from the same spot and every single one of them has been SE :D

I was thinking overall loot percentages have changed with new items swamping quite a bit more than old items as I see more rain coats, brooms, and flare guns than anything anymore. Could just be that few people grab the rain coats and brooms but still it seems like the counts are off. 

Raincoats, brooms, flare guns, ice axes and lead pipes have displaced many of the items you are used to finding frequently.  I have also noticed many more books, and fewer weapon cleaning kits.  Seems like defibrulators have also seen a spike.

Still haven't found any sunglasses :( 

I'm glad to see I'm not just incredibly unlucky though if all of you are also having sunglasses withdrawls

Raincoats, brooms, flare guns, ice axes and lead pipes have displaced many of the items you are used to finding frequently.  I have also noticed many more books, and fewer weapon cleaning kits.  Seems like defibrulators have also seen a spike.

Seems like this to me too. Assuming the quantity of loot is a net constant, more types of loot reduces the probability of any particular type spawning - although the weightings (ie probability of specific types spawning) can be and are adjusted by the game.

i assume they newer items get given spawn priority over certain stuff when i new update is released for testing but i cant wait till they have all items spawning in at the one time !

I was annoyed I couldn't find any glasses either. Then I found my first gas mask in like 3 months. Oh, gas mask. How I've missed you. <3 :blush:

Private or public would make no difference as to how loot spawns...

Private or public would make no difference as to how loot spawns...

Private hives did not get reset so sunglasses would still be floating around from 0.52 P:on servers. I have been playing on Private shards and public persistence on and off and I have yet to see a pair.

Private hives did not get reset so sunglasses would still be floating around from 0.52 P:on servers. I have been playing on Private shards and public persistence on and off and I have yet to see a pair.

That's correct, but still doesn't change the fact that there are no loot spawn differences.