Sign in to follow this  
alphatangobravo6

Will DayZ Survive?

DayZ has been around for quite sometime and it occurred to me that all games do not last. Shitty games like Minecraft are able to survive due to their constant updates and new boring items being added over time but will DayZ continue to evolve? Or is it coming to an end? What's your opinion?

-ALPHA

Edited by AlphaTangoBravo6

Considering that the game has not even been completed yet, it's a little premature to discuss its longevity or its demise.

• Like 4

Shitty games like Minecraft

Obviously you know everything about the Gaming Industry and the half life (HA!) of games when the only thing you can come up with to describe one of the most groundshaking games of the indie-industry is "shitty".

• Like 14

You posted in the Mod section, we talking mod or?

Good point, I didnt see it was posted in the mod section.  Thought he was on about standalone

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

I'd love to be paid billions of dollars for some of my shitty ideas.....and trust me i have a lot of them

• Like 7

DayZ died with Billy Mays Day Zero. Watch H1Z1 become the Zombie game dayz hoped to be .... now ... for a Moderator with a hard on for me to respond.

Damn, you bastards are so cynical.

First off, Minecraft isn't shitty. If you've played the game, it's actually intuitive and pretty damn nice as far as gameplay and the concept goes. The community is shitty though, much like ours is.

DayZ is way, WAY too early in development to be asking if it's going to die. Also, H1Z1 is a straight up rip off of several features from DayZ and Rust. It'd turn out like Unturned, if only Sony didn't have so many fanboys from PS2 and other F2P games. I personally think it's really shitty of them to jump on the bandwagon that DayZ started, just to cash in on their "intellectual property". But oh well, that's people. They'll eat up anything a YouTuber posts to their channel.

Considering that the game has not even been completed yet, it's a little premature to discuss its longevity or its demise.

I see this argument a lot and it's wrong. The game is out there, people paid for it and are playing it. It was released in alpha, but it was released none the less. Its fair to talk about its life cycyle

• Like 1

DayZ died with Billy Mays Day Zero. Watch H1Z1 become the Zombie game dayz hoped to be .... now ... for a Moderator with a hard on for me to respond.

h1z1 is not a good game. people may play it, but lots of people play water polo as well. 

• Like 3

So negative, no hard on for you though, glad your enjoying another game :).

• Like 3

Except mmo's ( some of course ), all games die some day, as simple as that, better pc's = better game engine = posible better graph and gamplay games  

ps : minecraft its mmo right ? 

You can close thread since I am right and you all know it B)  

I see this argument a lot and it's wrong. The game is out there, people paid for it and are playing it. It was released in alpha, but it was released none the less. Its fair to talk about its life cycyle

The argument is not wrong.  The game is NOT out there, people did NOT pay for the game.  You are not playing the game, you are playing an early development build.

You are right it was released as alpha.  That means you paid to be part of the development process.  No-pne has even seen the completed game yet as it still has years of development.  So how can an assessment be made regarding to its downfall?  

Even if the argument could be made that it was over, how do you account for another 1M new purchases in the last few months alone?

It's like discussing what we think of Prince Charles reign as the monarch of the UK and if he will abdicate soon even though the Queen isn't even dead yet and Charles isn't the King yet, so discussions cannot be revolving around the demise of his rule.  

• Like 1

The argument is not wrong.  The game is NOT out there, people did NOT pay for the game.  You are not playing the game,

:facepalm:

• Like 5

I am sure that both the Mod (my personal favorite, I co-run a tweaked Dayz Mod Server), and the standalone will be here for quite some time.

It's doing ok so far, Beav, let's hope it continues to do so. I love dayz in all it's guises.  As long as I'm able to get up a beach with an axe in my hand, I'll be there!  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

It's doing ok so far, Beav, let's hope it continues to do so. I love dayz in all it's guises.  As long as I'm able to get up a beach with an axe in my hand, I'll be there!  :thumbsup:

Me too.  Like all games, it will experience peaks and troughs.

Obviously lots of people bought the game during the early alpha days.  Lots of these folks will have played for a bit then moved onto other games or will wait for the beta or later stages to return.  Most players play like this.  

I am not that type of player, I invest in a game then play it for years.  14 years on CS/CZ/CS:Source/CS:GO. 8 years in WoW.

WoW has had periods where they had 12 million subs.  Then the dropped down to 7 or 8 million and the prophets of doom have always proclaimed that X game or Y game is the new big WoW killer, and 10 years later they are still top dog.

• Like 1

The Matrix has you.

You're living in a dream world, Neo.

The argument is not wrong.  The game is NOT out there, people did NOT pay for the game.  You are not playing the game

• Like 1

The Matrix has you.

But I do have a spoon :)

And my real name is Mr Anderson 

Edited by Beav

They're not "playing" the game.  They're "testing" it for several hundred hours a year for their own amusement.  It's different.  :/

• Like 2

The Matrix has you.

the medic is lol'ing

tumblr_mi42etavku1rrtgbwo1_1360678709_co

H1Z1 is a pale comparison to DayZ. It's blatantly a duplicate of this fantastic apocalypse simulation and will not outlast DayZ. Everything about it feels so contrived and graphically it cannot touch the Arma II engine, which is almost six years old; an age in videogames.

There's a hardcore community which will keep DayZ alive because it's the closest you'll get to a zombie apocalypse you can live in. If you feel DayZmod is dead then I can assure you that you will not be missed.

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 2

I think the A2 mod is in it's twilight days tbh. the one-two punch of the mass migration to dayZ SA alpha which failed to be the "mod 2.0" that many hoped for early on, then the shaky shift over to steam servers that broke up many established communities has done a lot of damage. add to this the getting all the right mods and finding a decent server for someone new is extremely hard and conusing- as more and more of the 'old' players burn out and move on.

will SA be what we all want? probably not... i just hope it stays focused enough to deliver fully for some portion of the dayZ community rather then trying to appeal as widely as possible. MAKE ZERO CONCESSIONS IN DESIGN!

• Like 1