Sign in to follow this  
darkrider400

So yeah, about that new Alcatraz island............

Was there twice......cant confirm the Guns. Found Mosin  2xPump Guns and Ak patrts. But nice location anyway.

Needs more handcuffs and steak knives

There are enough there to handcuff a whole server.

• Like 1

Yep,the dude ain't lying.

The place is literally crawling with weapons.

Is it always like that,or you were lucky to stumble across a loot explosion(bug) ?

When I went there there was nothing but books and books everywhere.

• Like 2

same. books. tons of books. and a guy with shotgun who wouldnt  let a newspawn to explore. thanks for shooting me in the face, i hope you got stuck in the prison after a relog and still waiting for support to solve your ticket :rolleyes:

and i hope the ticket gets lost.

10 times

Edited by halp

The DayZed Gods are trying to tell you something.

• Like 2

Since we got paddles now we might get boats, (improvised?)rafts of some sort in the future.

Would be a better way to get there.

They def had ships and boats in arma 2. I can see it happening here too and hope it does. Its probably going to take some time. Because even though it is the same engine as ARMA 2, they are apparently redoing vehicle mechanics. So we will see. I predict the finished product will have it, the question is when.

I really would like to see it and a few more islands too.

Needs more handcuffs and steak knives

I'm waiting for improvised shank crafting. No, I'm EXPECTING it now!

At least there's material to start a fire when you're freezing from the swim over ;)

I really would like to see it and a few more islands too.

Those words probably wouldn't have come from me a few months ago, but I agree. Not big ones like Skalisty and the prison island, but smaller ones like Drakon and Otmel would be cool (as long as they've got something interesting).

I'm waiting for improvised shank crafting. No, I'm EXPECTING it now!

Improvised stone knife!

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Great, so now there is even more incentive dor players to stay on the coast deathmatching 24/7? I thought the devs want to make more people go to the inland?

Great, so now there is even more incentive dor players to stay on the coast deathmatching 24/7? I thought the devs want to make more people go to the inland?

Smart people still go inland. The only people on the coast are those with a death wish, and those who seek to grant them.

• Like 2

Found a truck there this morning, maybe It's yours?

Yes!  So exciting to see my handiwork in a screenshot!  Regardless of the implications it has on my driving ability. I didn't want to be one of those guys that always dares, but never does a dare.  So I put my money where my mouth was and was surprised to see seafloor driving work.  I was going to exclaim my amazement on here, but after a quick search it seems it's old news.  Once again, I'm behind the times, or so my MySpace friends tell me.

all i wanna do is capture a player, strip him down nd lock him in a cell

My new Public Hive goal!  Do the E.T. move, using ammo/clips/mags/drums instead of Reeses' Pieces, then lock them in!  Maybe hit them with some electricity first, for good measure.  Hmm, now I think I'll got to suggestions to try to get in some Bear Mace.

I made the long trip from NEAF to Alcatraz Island. Well worth it. Found awesome gear. As well as an MP5-K, SKS, AK74, and MP-133. There were so many rooms and doors that my head was spinning. This is definitely going to become Deathmatch Island.

all i wanna do is capture a player, strip him down nd lock him in a cell

Remind me never to drink out of a cup you hand me.

• Like 1

I made the long trip from NEAF to Alcatraz Island. Well worth it. Found awesome gear. As well as an MP5-K, SKS, AK74, and MP-133. There were so many rooms and doors that my head was spinning. This is definitely going to become Deathmatch Island.

Everytime they add a cool new location, some other place on the map becomes ghost town as players shift.

Which one will it be this time?

NWAF?

Watch out for people on the main roof of the prison.  I'm not really sure how you get up there, but it seems a popular spot already.

Also, people glitching in the old style jail still.  Ran into 2 guys glitching the walls.  Can't believe that still hasn't been fixed.

I made the swim out there and someone killed me with an automatic weapon.  It made me sad.

I guess I'll just camp in the hills above Kamenko and bash anyone who tries to return to shore. :D

Maybe someone else looted the place before you?

That could happen...

Maybe someone else looted the place before you?

That could happen...

I just went back and there were books EVERYWHERE as well as all kinds of crazy loot.

Question. When you swim to the island; do your guns and backpack drop to the see floor?

It appears they've fixed it. I swam couple of times over long distances in recent patch, didn't lose a thing.

Swam to the island. Had full health, and no matches for a fire later to warm up. Did'nt matter as I dried off while running around. Found nothing but handcuffs and fishhooks.

The island and its buildings were done up nice, except for the fact that it was so laggy I thought my eyes were gonna start bleeding.

Handcuffs and steak knives aplenty is what i found. And a nice flaregun.

BTW also watch out when going up the tower, you can die from the usual staircase bugs.

Though really that applies to any stairs any where.