Sign in to follow this  
OoohShiny

Be a hero...

take all the ammos and all the firearms and throw the in the bush.

THE bush? Now is there some kind of great almighty bush somewhere in Chernaurus? Does he lust for blood?

We shall appease him with offerings of peaches and mosins.

:P

• Like 2

ontopic: a hero is (simplest definition) someone that risk his/her life to

save another life whithout thinking of getting something in return.

it is NOT someone who simply "help". you are not a hero if you

help someone to pick a proper color for their clothes for example.

Edited by mugur

THE bush? Now is there some kind of great almighty bush somewhere in Chernaurus? Does he lust for blood?

sorry, "the bush" is a kiwi slang for "the forest" or "the woods"

I make fires, crack a chem or throw a flare, I also light up a gas lamp and place in high places, chimneys/towers, doesn't make me a hero as such but always makes for interesting situations and rarely ends in death.

@ OP : GG  you are a hero in my eyes.

• Like 1

sorry, "the bush" is a kiwi slang for "the forest" or "the woods"

Hey, what do you think of that new early access game on Steam?

I think it's called "The Bush". Great survival fun! ❤

I'm more apt to run to a spot/building ect. seeing a Flare or Fire or any light source for that matter, than completely ignore it, I believe this would attract people to that spot, not warn them it's "Dangerous"...

Maybe if the DayZ Forum/In-Game community seen Flares as a "Warning sign" then maybe people would react to them like you want them to OP, but for now, I feel like your going to do a lot more harm than actual "Good".

I would just like to recommend perhaps trying more "Heroic" actions, if you don't want to jump into high risk situations or shoot other players, perhaps leaving a backpack full of food/water/medical supplies in obvious spots with a note saying, "help yourself, and good luck!" would suffice?

• Like 1

"I've taken all the food, there's no point being here, move on or starve, scum"

There was a quote in batman somewhere, but i can't remember

Ive started carrying road flares with me, and every time i loot a dangerous place i leave a road flare behind, so everyone knows somebody has been there short ago -

I appreaciate more tipps to make this world a better place for others :3

i think i may have saw such a practice in cherno a couple of days ago, Also i've seen an increase in friendlies lately, and so i have deducted from my banditry ways and resorted to being a survivor just to balance out my humanity a bit more.

• Like 1

there is only ONE Bush

• Like 1

I really hope you're just being a troll and that this warped view of a hero isn't real.

Dropping a flare to indicated someones been there doesn't make you a hero, just someone who's alerting others =/= hero.

This whole thread is a pretty good example of why I hate the word "Hero" being used in this game to indicate a play style.

• Like 1

Yeah forget it. I get it. The so called heros seem to be the biggest a...holes here. I start gonna shoot everybody on sight now. Dont want to be compared to those guys.

just kidding: Still gonna ignore them though. When they are heroic ingame they sure dont carry that attitude into the forums.

Maybe you should print me your ruleset and send it to me via post so i can do precisely what you expect from your heros. Kappa.

And btw: It seems to be a serious misunderstanding that people now think that thats the only thing i do to help people. I wanted to think outside the box, and not a list of things every grade-schooler can come up with. The only thing that actually looked kind of new is the paper with the hidden stash and the backpack with supplies. Like, giving people supplies when they need is the most obvious thing. Thats why i asked in the first post for more ideas.Not some wannabes bathing themselves in pride while screaming that my idea doesnt matter. Yeah, whatever. I just wanted to make a useless item useful in some way and thought since it doesnt have a real purpose now, i can give it one whilte asking for more ideas. Kinda backfired.

Edited by OoohShiny

I am extremely cautious of every player I meet in game.  Even the fresh spawns, I'll never turn my back to them or do anything that moves my gun out of hand.  Heroes trying to help me are likely to get a bullet in the head (or more realistically, a bunch of buckshot evenly distributed, haha).  I don't need your help, I need you to fuck off and leave me be.  People acting overly friendly/helpful make me even more skeptical.  It's a damn video game, it isn't hard to succeed at.  If I run into 4 zombies as a fresh spawn I'm done for, I'll take my licks and try again.  Don't need a self proclaimed hero to intervene.

Edited by tofur
  • Like 1

I am extremely cautious of every player I meet in game.  Even the fresh spawns, I'll never turn my back to them or do anything that moves my gun out of hand.  Heroes trying to help me are likely to get a bullet in the head (or more realistically, a bunch of buckshot evenly distributed, haha).  I don't need your help, I need you to fuck off and leave me be.  People acting overly friendly/helpful make me even more skeptical.  It's a damn video game, it isn't hard to succeed at.  If I run into 4 zombies as a fresh spawn I'm done for, I'll take my licks and try again.  Don't need a self proclaimed hero to intervene.

slow clap

Ive started carrying road flares with me, and every time i loot a dangerous place i leave a road flare behind, so everyone knows somebody has been there short ago -

I appreaciate more tipps to make this world a better place for others :3

Do as you wish, play how ever you like.

But I sure am not doing that. I close doors behind me, been doing that for a long time. That way if I come back and the door is open. I know some one has been there.

Edited by CJFlint