boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

When you do a hardcore patch and an easy mode patch, it would be cool if you left some servers on the hard version. I much preferred yesterday's build to today's. I'm already stuffed, 1 minute after a spawn west of electro.

I guess I should add...

Or did I get an extremely lucky spawn?

There's no "hardcore patch" or "easy mode". You get in soon, there's loot left, you get in late, the loot's been taken by other players, and current persistence is still very "work in progress" so loot dosen't respawn correctly. (Or despawn either.)

Anyway, there's nothing solid or final in any version of the loot tables or persistence we see, until it's finalized and then polished.

I like the survival aspect and the rarety of items too, but at this state there's no point getting attached to a certain "version" of the game yet. ( Of course, when the game is finished some of us will remeber the good old days when "xmas loot" was a thing on persistent servers, players had to search for crash sites on persistence disabled servers, or when every item that spawned was rotten fruits and vegetables... :lol:  )

• Like 1

Here is my little journey I have a coupe questions to. So I start spawning randomly I have no idea were I am I find a new shovel. Then I run of to some random town and find most new melee weapons. Then I find a flare gun. Then I find a ammo to a flare gun. Then I test it and suicide. What I noticed most is how little loot there is almost nothing I almost starved twice.

Also have the .52 melee weapons like cleaver hunting knife come back yet I haven't seen one since exp .52.

There's no "hardcore patch" or "easy mode". You get in soon, there's loot left, you get in late, the loot's been taken by other players, and current persistence is still very "work in progress" so loot dosen't respawn correctly. (Or despawn either.)

Anyway, there's nothing solid or final in any version of the loot tables or persistence we see, until it's finalized and then polished.

I like the survival aspect and the rarety of items too, but at this state there's no point getting attached to a certain "version" of the game yet. ( Of course, when the game is finished some of us will remeber the good old days when "xmas loot" was a thing on persistent servers, players had to search for crash sites on persistence disabled servers, or when every item that spawned was rotten fruits and vegetables... :lol:  )

I guess you haven't noticed, but there's definitely been a pattern in the last 3 or 4 exp versions where the first exp CL is hard with hard to find food, rapid decay of hydration and energy and then the next CL goes back to what we're used to on stable with food everywhere and never any risk of starvation. They go all one way and  get some data, then flip the switch and go all the other way.

And this is a feedback thread, so it's not about getting used to it one way or the other. Though you can't deny that they are allowing the general player base to get used to it ONE way. It's about giving feedback on what my preferences are between the 2 CLs we've gotten so far on this version of exp, along with a suggestion of making multiple exp CLs live at the same time which could be done by making them backwards compatible.

Party on, Wayne.

I guess you haven't noticed, but there's definitely been a pattern in the last 3 or 4 exp versions where the first exp CL is hard with hard to find food, rapid decay of hydration and energy and then the next CL goes back to what we're used to on stable with food everywhere and never any risk of starvation. They go all one way and get some data, then flip the switch and go all the other way.

And this is a feedback thread, so it's not about getting used to it one way or the other. Though you can't deny that they are allowing the general player base to get used to it ONE way. It's about giving feedback on what my preferences are between the 2 CLs we've gotten so far on this version of exp, along with a suggestion of making multiple exp CLs live at the same time which could be done by making them backwards compatible.

Party on, Wayne.

Can't say I've noticed this pattern myself but that's not to say it isn't true. I have found, however, that any time I'm quick to hop on the exp. build - loot is plentiful, and any time I'm late to the party - loot is nowhere to be found near the coast. Keep in mind players were also crammed into the few available servers prior to this build. One thing for sure is yesterday's build didn't seem to have much different decay of hydration/energy. Survived 2-3 hours on 2 cans of tuna and some berries before I built a garden with a random I met.

Gotta admit though, I find the game much more fun and rewarding with very little loot-able food.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

So, I see the people who never, ever had to pack a rucksack for field/survival use have won the argument on putting things inside of other things.  Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Listen up and listen good, if you ever do have to pack a ruck sack you will be surprised by the amount of stuff you can get in there.  Yeah, you usually don't put pack vests in side of vests inside a ruck, I get it, but your do roll your boxers into your t-shirts with some socks.  You can roll a complete uniform, top, bottom and hat all together in a nice, small roll, all fit well together and don't take up all that much space.  Magazines can be slide into almost any space.  But no, the "realism junkies", who, apparently, have no concept of what is real and what isn't, have won this round apparently.  I've seen guys roll up their body armor and pack it in, the SAPI plates they just slide in like they would have done with a magazine.

BUT, if this is just a bug, well, then never mind.

Edited by Barnabus

Loving the pink and blue raincoat. Perfect for male and females that don't want a military/hunter look as well as adding variety to the mix of clothing we already have. I found a white sweater as well but i wounder if it comes in other colors to?

I have seen the sweater in Grey, Green, Red and Blue also.  Don't recommend the grey, got shot (KOS) wearing a grey sweater, seems to have pissed that guy off.  He only got me bleeding and knocked me out, but, when I came to he then broke my legs and kept hitting me with an axe, I figured he was gonna kill me anyway so I respawned..

Edited by Barnabus

So, I see the people who never, ever had to pack a rucksack for field/survival use have won the argument on putting things inside of other things.  Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Listen up and listen good, if you ever do have to pack a ruck sack you will be surprised by the amount of stuff you can get in there.  Yeah, you usually don't put pack vests in side of vests inside a ruck, I get it, but your do roll your boxers into your t-shirts with some socks.  You can roll a complete uniform, top, bottom and hat all together in a nice, small roll, all fit well together and don't take up all that much space.  Magazines can be slide into almost any space.  But no, the "realism junkies", who, apparently, have no concept of what is real and what isn't, have won this round apparently.

No kidding, eh. I go to work every day with a pair pants inside one of my cargo pockets with my lunch in the pockets of the pants in my pocket. 

• Like 2

Listen up and listen good, if you ever do have to pack a ruck sack you will be surprised by the amount of stuff you can get in there.  Yeah, you usually don't put pack vests in side of vests inside a ruck, I get it, but your do roll your boxers into your t-shirts with some socks.  You can roll a complete uniform, top, bottom and hat all together in a nice, small roll, all fit well together and don't take up all that much space.  Magazines can be slide into almost any space.  But no, the "realism junkies", who, apparently, have no concept of what is real and what isn't, have won this round apparently.  I've seen guys roll up their body armor and pack it in, the SAPI plates they just slide in like they would have done with a magazine.

I understand what you're saying there and personally, I don't think they removed the feature because of "realism" and probably more to remove exploits from it, cause it was ridiculous.

We can still carry items in items, but the infinite inception is gone. (For now at least...)

In the end, I think this is gonna change again with the new HUD and inventory overhaul, probably.

I've heard of a couple of hackers on this build, has anyone seen one yet?

I was accused of by some jackasses that were hanging around Vybor military base and toying with anyone they found.  The got pissed because after one of them punched me and got me bleeding I then pulled out the rifle I had and shot at them.  I heard them talking trash after they killed me about how I should have been grateful to them, then one of them called me a hacker.  Not sure what I should be grateful for, they drew first blood.  Homie don't play that.

I understand what you're saying there and personally, I don't think they removed the feature because of "realism" and probably more to remove exploits from it, cause it was ridiculous.

We can still carry items in items, but the infinite inception is gone. (For now at least...)

In the end, I think this is gonna change again with the new HUD and inventory overhaul, probably.

I have had some characters I made today, I cannot put individual items, such as bandages, morphine, cans of food, spare ammo, into pants or shirts or sweaters that are packed into a ruck sack.  I used to use a pair of pants as a makeshift First Aide Kit, can't do that now.  The one I have from yesterday still has items packed that way BUT if I remove my makeshift first aide kit from my ruck I am F-U-C, K-E-D, A-G-A-I-N.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

No kidding, eh. I go to work every day with a pair pants inside one of my cargo pockets with my lunch in the pockets of the pants in my pocket. 

Welcome to ignore since your are ignorant and that isn't even close to what I said.  Additionally if you knew what you were talking about you could do that.

Edited by Barnabus

I have had some characters I made today, I cannot put individual items, such as bandages, morphine, cans of food, spare ammo, into pants or shirts or sweaters that are packed into a ruck sack.  I used to use a pair of pants as a makeshift First Aide Kit, can't do that now.  The one I have from yesterday still has items packed that way BUT if I remove my makeshift first aide kit from my ruck I am F-U-C, K-E-D, A-G-A-I-N.

Yes, and I'm guessing when this comes to stable (only the public hive will be wiped) then we'll all be f**ked! :lol:  I have 3 to 4 vests on most of my characters with mags, food, ammo, meds, etc., that I use to get more items without having to use mountain packs or big backpacks, or even 6 slot pants and jackets. (I like to wear(4) jeans and a shirt(2) with a improvised leather backpack (25) so having vests in the backpack with items in them is... was a must! :rolleyes: )

Edit: The "items in items" I was referring to was with cooking pots (takes 4 slots, can carry 8 raw or cooked steaks/filets) medkits, protective cases and, well, the teddy bear.... <_<

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Yes, and I'm guessing when this comes to stable (only the public hive will be wiped) then we'll all be f**ked! :lol:  I have 3 to 4 vests on most of my characters with mags, food, ammo, meds, etc., that I use to get more items without having to use mountain packs or big backpacks, or even 6 slot pants and jackets. (I like to wear(4) jeans and a shirt(2) with a improvised leather backpack (25) so having vests in the backpack with items in them is... was a must! :rolleyes: )

Edit: The "items in items" I was referring to was with cooking pots (takes 4 slots, can carry 8 raw or cooked steaks/filets) medkits, protective cases and, well, the teddy bear.... <_<

I didn't even usually wear a vest, I preferred a shoulder holster, but not now, that's a dead option.  I did notice that I CAN put a pistol into a shoulder holster and pack that away as a package..  I hate vests though, worn on top they and everything in them get ruined pretty easy.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Wow, early with the updates today. I just got out of bed! :p

Hopefully our characters are still safe for the day but if not, no big deal.

• Like 1

Experimental looks to be up and running! Just had a nice hour on it, looted myself some basic gear and was promptly held up by a guy in a barn who killed me afterwards :-( ungrateful mugger!

For picking up stuck items I've found if its food that if i start eating it then stop i can get it, for other items just inspecting it and hanging around for 5-10 extra seconds can make it work.

Were you killed by a guy with a mosin? near the gas station of svetlojarsk?

Gotta admit though, I find the game much more fun and rewarding with very little loot-able food.

I couldn't agree more.

Had another question. I read the trucks were going to be persistent on the .53 , I read it somewhere last week but now i can't seem to find anything about it. Does anyone know if they are still going to be ? or are they on the experimental ? I'm praying that they will stay where i park. Plus i get to go and find yours that you hid in the woods :P

Edited by LoveAffair

Am i just beeing really dense, or is it impossible to ignite the new campfire kit?

Try moving it to another location, when i first tried i couldn't light it on a forested slope so i moved to a flat rocky area which did work.

only 2 servers with ping < 150 for me .... DE 3rd person servers keep crashing every 20mins or so

Is that ment to be about a release today?

it,s a hotfix in experimental 0.53, i hope tomorrow goes to stable and another exp maybe friday,  :)

Experimental was updated twice this morning. Weird. Anyway, I've enjoyed today's build(s) so far. They wiped our characters, but no big deal since I got in early.

PSA: In case you didn't notice, "Waterbottles" are now known as "PET Bottles". PET is short for polyethylene terephthalate by the way, which is just a type of plastic used for that type of container.

Are servers working? No dead servers? I want to try to go to prison island tonight.

PSA: In case you didn't notice, "Waterbottles" are now known as "PET Bottles". PET is short for polyethylene terephthalate by the way, which is just a type of plastic used for that type of container.

Yesterday we could pour PET into canteens, today we can't.