boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

Wow experimental runs great, character is very responsive. Great job Bohemia.

do i smell a lot of sarcasm there?? for real? i wonder if anyone is really playing this version, or if there is everything broken right now..

btw, yes, there was still the filter for hiding full servers. they definately need to set up more servers to "really" test things

Edited by ello

Even the closest servers to me have pings over 800ms. I'm used to them being 70 or below. Something ain't right.

Yes, used it multiple times to get a shotgun and a mosin up to roofs in the last 5 versions or so:)

didn't find a single bug report about that one! SHAME ON YOU!

No footsteps for me, anyone else ?

footsteps are all over the place... i was getting paranoid because i felt followed...until i realized my own footsteps are somehow "lagging" behind or something. was playing in 1st person

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21007

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 4

I can confirm that crash sites are fully functional again.

2d486a.jpg

• Like 1

DayZ just fucked my internet connection. Haven't had it do that in a while. It always happens when I'm refreshing the server list, specifically with experimental (?)

DayZ just fucked my internet connection. Haven't had it do that in a while. It always happens when I'm refreshing the server list, specifically with experimental (?)

I do have issues with that from time to time. It will work fine for a long while and then all the sudden the list won't load... and yet if I open up a browser window I can load pages just fine. It's been that way for a long time, as long as I can remember really.

is it intentional that you can't "search for" anything when you have something in your hands? has it been always this way? (or a gun to be precise?)

Edited by joe_mcentire

is it intentional that you can't "search for" anything when you have something in your hands? has it been always this way? (or a gun to be precise?)

As far as I know yes, it has always been that way, but only for stones, kindling, apples or berries. Did not have that when searching dead players or containers in buildings.

If that means what I think it means, see you on stable!!!!!

Nvm, crap

Edited by Barnabus

footsteps are all over the place... i was getting paranoid because i felt followed...until i realized my own footsteps are somehow "lagging" behind or something. was playing in 1st person

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21007

Yeah, I thought it was because I was forced to play on a US server and the high ping was the cause. But I can confirm. I had to look over my shoulder every minute because my footsteps seemed to be stalking me.

I do have issues with that from time to time. It will work fine for a long while and then all the sudden the list won't load... and yet if I open up a browser window I can load pages just fine. It's been that way for a long time, as long as I can remember really.

It kills my whole connection to the internet. List stops loading and then no pages will load when I open up my browser. Saw it explained on the feedback site a while ago but it hasn't been an issue lately.

Oddly, two encounters with actual humans and no one died.  In one the guy just ran right by me.  He had a broom in hand so I guess I could have shot him, but I had a canteen in hand and hate killing for no reason.  Which is bugged, you cannot get water from rain with the canteen, did not try the water bottle.  Confirmed that the fountains and pools are bugged, but you can fill a canteen or water bottle without a bug, Brian had posted that on twitter.

Lol Was this last night? On a DE or UK server I cant remember which and where you heading towards Berezkhi? If so this was me running towards you... I had an oar in my hand though and my mic was in the up and off position.Forgot to turn it on .. I did stop turn around and say hey but you wouldn't have heard me lol..... I was looking for someone to run around with.. Haven't played in a while due to being alone all the time and dying with every single encounter no matter if my hands are up or not.... Just tryin to run into like minded players who don't KOS and want to just run around surviving...

Also Noticed a few things.. First and Major one for me is the swimming and losing my gun and backpack... I managed to get my gun back it floated.. But my backpack was gone.. 

Also Noticed Cannot drink from pumps or water sources.. As previously stated by everyone else.. Also I lit a road flare turned and threw it saw the light saturating the ground and before it hit it disappeared. Turned back to where I found it and it was there.. 

Also When holding an item in hand and you do anything else like drink or eat food and set down what your holding it is gone when you go to get it back..

Zombies are still an issue.. 

Running footsteps now project behind me..

Flare gun is absolutely Amazing!!!! Loving the effects of that awesome new piece..

Haven't seen any vehicles or chopper crashes but haven't really been in a spot to see either...

All in all with the new content and amount of bugs in the game I see it to be ahead on this update...Good Job guys!!! Not that you need my recognition but I have been playing for a while now and have seen this game come from what it was to what it is and I am damn glad...Damn Glad I bought it when I did!!! No regrets from me!!

Edited by Masprotech
  • Like 1

I got picked up by a "hacker" in a flying truck and drove around the map.  I was running west of Cherno and he just popped up in a truck and asked if I wanted a lift, I was like WTF I didnt even hear you! He took me to the Prison and took me around to all the military areas, then gave me his truck with full fuel.  Very interesting encounter.  I also found a flare gun and shot a flare, that was fun.

I got picked up by a "hacker" in a flying truck and drove around the map.  I was running west of Cherno and he just popped up in a truck and asked if I wanted a lift, I was like WTF I didnt even hear you! He took me to the Prison and took me around to all the military areas, then gave me his truck with full fuel.  Very interesting encounter.  I also found a flare gun and shot a flare, that was fun.

Sad news for 0.53....  :(   Great expectations from the new B.E. updates, V.A.C system and more!

Lol Was this last night? On a DE or UK server I cant remember which and where you heading towards Berezkhi? If so this was me running towards you... I had an oar in my hand though and my mic was in the up and off position.Forgot to turn it on .. I did stop turn around and say hey but you wouldn't have heard me lol..... I was looking for someone to run around with.. Haven't played in a while due to being alone all the time and dying with every single encounter no matter if my hands are up or not.... Just tryin to run into like minded players who don't KOS and want to just run around surviving...

Also Noticed a few things.. First and Major one for me is the swimming and losing my gun and backpack... I managed to get my gun back it floated.. But my backpack was gone.. 

Also Noticed Cannot drink from pumps or water sources.. As previously stated by everyone else.. Also I lit a road flare turned and threw it saw the light saturating the ground and before it hit it disappeared. Turned back to where I found it and it was there.. 

Also When holding an item in hand and you do anything else like drink or eat food and set down what your holding it is gone when you go to get it back..

Zombies are still an issue.. 

Running footsteps now project behind me..

Flare gun is absolutely Amazing!!!! Loving the effects of that awesome new piece..

Haven't seen any vehicles or chopper crashes but haven't really been in a spot to see either...

All in all with the new content and amount of bugs in the game I see it to be ahead on this update...Good Job guys!!! Not that you need my recognition but I have been playing for a while now and have seen this game come from what it was to what it is and I am damn glad...Damn Glad I bought it when I did!!! No regrets from me!!

that was a de server! Cool

after some hours i can say that the functionality is working. but somehow the connection to the server seems a bit off. all actions require quite some time to be done and sound seems to be offf, like someone is following the whole time. zombies clip thru walls very often, dunno if this is desync, too?

what i like is that you can stay on the server while you dont receive messages. dunno if this is a new feature or was in before. 

truck is a bit loud, but saved my life today :)

things just disappear when you throw them?

i tried Hatchet, Flashlight, and a Campfire.. everything just disappears while the throw animation

I've been unable to craft an improvised knife so far in 0.53. Other than that, had fun coming across TONS of people tonight. Literally everywhere I went I ran into people. More often than not, I would see them an hide while they interacted with each other... that was even more fun. Watched people kill each other all while they had no idea I was watching from the shadows  :D

• Like 1

I've been unable to craft an improvised knife so far in 0.53.

Must be a bug, I have not had an issue with this iteration of .53, however, I will admit that the .53 last week had my improvised knives disappearing during the crafting process for quite a few times before I finally got one to stick.  Fair enough, flint knapping isn't exactly easy, we are more likely to seriously slice up the digits in the process.

Ice Axe is a great two hit weapon and is a 1x2 for space in the pack or trousers.  My new go to until I find an axe, still need an axe to chop wood for fires I believe.

I am finding it easier to wait for exp or play .52 than to play H1Z1.  H1Z1 is to DayZ as the New Game Enhancements were to Star Wars Galaxies.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Will the AU/NZ Experimental servers be brought back up anytime soon? They have been down for days for me and I cannot login to others due to ping/lag server kicks. I got the latest Steam download/Update for Exp and jumped on to test but there are no servers for me to test on :(

Must be a bug, I have not had an issue with this iteration of .53, however, I will admit that the .53 last week had my improvised knives disappearing during the crafting process for quite a few times before I finally got one to stick.  Fair enough, flint knapping isn't exactly easy, we are more likely to seriously slice up the digits in the process.

Ice Axe is a great two hit weapon and is a 1x2 for space in the pack or trousers.  My new go to until I find an axe, still need an axe to chop wood for fires I believe.

I am finding it easier to wait for exp or play .52 than to play H1Z1.  H1Z1 is to DayZ as the New Game Enhancements were to Star Wars Galaxies.

Ahh, perhaps I simply didn't try enough times. I gave up after three attempts in a row on two different occasions, and had a friend try it and fail as well so I assumed it was a bug. I'll give it more of a try next time.

Will the AU/NZ Experimental servers be brought back up anytime soon? They have been down for days for me and I cannot login to others due to ping/lag server kicks. I got the latest Steam download/Update for Exp and jumped on to test but there are no servers for me to test on :(

Yes, most likely in the coming hours. See the tweet from Hicks I posted a page or two back in this thread.