boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

If I look at an exp server in my favorite list is shows people playing.  BUT, when I look on the internet list they all show zero people playing.  I don't think anyone is on exp atm.

It is kinda dissapointing though to not have more information on what's going on with the situation (Except the usual, servers are down, no ETA) i don't mean to start anything bad here ! Just trying to understand... At least, some informations on the complexity of the said problem could help us understand a bit more and, at the same time, kill the arguments of the people who claims that the development is slow (Not my case) by showing that they put a lot of work in fixing that problem !! I think being informed more often on what's goin on would ease our wait don't you guys think ?

Im' french canadian, so sometimes i know my english is not always 100% clear hehe !  

Edited by docjiggy

It is kinda dissapointing though to not have more information on what's going on with the situation (Except the usual, servers are down, no ETA) i don't mean to start anything bad here ! Just trying to understand... At least, some informations on the complexity of the said problem could help us understand a bit more and, at the same time, kill the arguments of the people who claims that the development is slow (Not my case) by showing that they put a lot of work in fixing that problem !! I think being informed more often on what's goin on would ease our wait don't you guys think ?

Im' french canadian, so sometimes i know my english is not always 100% clear hehe !  

Two eggs side by each and a pair of toast!

If I recall, Eugen said that there was a hardware failure. Maybe they had to order some parts, or a new box. It could be that they are having problems recovering data to transfer it to a new box. I'm sure that we'll hear from Eugen when he has some news.

• Like 2

It is kinda dissapointing though to not have more information on what's going on with the situation

If I recall, Eugen said that there was a hardware failure. Maybe they had to order some parts, or a new box. It could be that they are having problems recovering data to transfer it to a new box. I'm sure that we'll hear from Eugen when he has some news.

• Like 1

I'm guessing we will get a new experimental update either today or next Wednesday , today seems unlikely because of the hardware failure but who knows maybe they are on top of it and the reason it might have to take til tomorrow is there is a nice new patch attached ? We can only hope , as it's the 21st and no patch to stable yet so technically we should get it soon :) .. But let's not get our hopes up and kumbayah til it's solved .

• Like 1

I'm guessing we will get a new experimental update either today or next Wednesday , today seems unlikely because of the hardware failure but who knows maybe they are on top of it and the reason it might have to take til tomorrow is there is a nice new patch attached ? We can only hope , as it's the 21st and no patch to stable yet so technically we should get it soon :) .. But let's not get our hopes up and kumbayah til it's solved .

I'm betting we'll get a new build of 0.53 tomorrow, even if the servers are back up today.

havent played a proper session in months, just bench the new rig.

dying to try exp...

There's nothing in 0.53 at the moment that will be any different from 0.52 in terms of testing out new hardware. 0.53 doesn't include any drastic changes to rendering or performance.

when will this be in stable branch?

That is one loaded question.  These usually come on server maintenance days.  Could be next Wednesday or the week after that.  Depends on how it works out.. 

By now it is "late today" in the CR so I suspect it will be early tomorrow.  Someone should tell Eugen that when you stay up late, it starts getting early.. :P

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

when will this be in stable branch?

Should be within the next week or two at least, if everything form here on goes smooth.

Exp server up yet?  

Guess I'll give it go when I get home.. 

Exp server up yet?  

Guess I'll give it go when I get home.. 

just tried it then..... NO GO!

Just tried a min ago, and while I see some servers up, all I get is the "Wait for Host" 

I'll keep checking back.

Edited by Antykain

Eugen was still in the process of working on them as of 2 hours ago. Progress is being made. Patience :)

Eugen was still in the process of working on them as of 2 hours ago. Progress is being made. Patience :)

I figured as much, but thanks for the update.

That was an hour and a half ago.

• Like 3

That was an hour and a half ago.

Ain't that always the way?  I hate when that happens to me.  Eugen is obviously the victim of other people priorities....  Sheesh

Edited by Barnabus

What is weird that I logged on once today to uk-0-06 exp. Server was kind of weird, looked like tripled loot everywhere. 

What is weird that I logged on once today to uk-0-06 exp. Server was kind of weird, looked like tripled loot everywhere.

that will up the ante for a character reset. Not that I mind or care. I saw one of those and had a tricked out MP5 in about two minutes. Rail hand guard, flashlight, 30 round mags, all from shed. Even had a tent then I found an Aug. it was crazy. Edited by Barnabus