Sign in to follow this  
surf_polar

Player bases you found

Yesterday we kinda hit loot jackpot while we were just randomly trying to find a new item that was introduced in the last patch.

Went into the castle territory, up the tower, no sword there, so we left. I took the wrong turn and ended in the yard of the castle - only to find 4 tents and DOZENS of backpacks filled with ammo, clothing, medical equipment, lots of rifles and so on. We really went WHAT THE FUCK there - it's not a private shared but we see the same names everytime we log on to the server so it was kind of shocking that some guys were packing up big time right in "our" neigbourhood (granted we found a much better hiding spot for our military tent :D)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/546393011942546950/209C4730E6F55FA46A3F0EBAFDC1B6D0CDAFBE54/

This was on our second tour to the location after we already took the most valuable items and 2 tents. Actually thinking of writing a note to put down there asking them if they want some of their stuff back and if we could maybe work together in the future. If not, well guess we made some actual enemies and this is cool too because it's not some faceless player next time, but some guys with vendetta.

Have you experienced similar stories?

• Like 6

Except of the ammo that was there a plenty in nifty 30 or 20 round stacks, there was not much identical stuff there. Some stuff ruined, some stuff pristine, some stuff worn etc.

I genuinely believe it was hard work that brought the loot there :)

• Like 3

I'm sometimes to go tent-hunting in likely areas. Suspect that these are towards the centre of the map, or towards the south east so that people can run to them pretty quickly if they respawn.

But...also seems a bit pointless to ruin someone else's day when they're actually unlikely to have anything I want.

Ya that doesn't look like dupers considering one of the tents is badly damaged and there not a million guns in each backpack (I assume), but the only thing that worries me is how long did it take them to find all those mountain backpacks ? I hardly see those anymore at all so if anything they are just duping the back packs (or you just found a massive clans base , either way good job , leave a note if you definitely know they weren't dupers ! ).

Anyone who leaves gear in a tent and then leaves that tent in such a well traversed area as the castle deserves to have that gear taken.

I've not discovered many tents, although I have come across a few. Those I find in really poorly hidden areas then I have no conscience in raiding, those which are hidden I'll be a lot more generous when it comes to looting it.

• Like 5

I've found two player military tents. One at the western military base which was clever since the whole area is tests. Unfortunately for the owner he was Looking the other way when I found him and an AKM hurts. That was also the only time I've ever seen an AK74 magazine so clearly a hacker.

The second time was at the NWAF just in the trees near the large garage buildings on the far north west end. This one was empty and the owner wasn't around so me and my friend left it be.

Persist still kind of wishy washy. Only for a week so theres really no reason to try to store that many items yet. But yes a few times I have found player made gardens, looked doors at a prison with tons of loot inside and stashed items. Nothing that major yet though. Mostly to me it just told a player was in the area and to keep my guard up.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 2

Neato. I still can't be bothered with tents or hoarding with the maintenance every week. What's the point when you have to pack it all up every week? I only get 1-2 days in a week to get some good playtime in and I don't want to spend it moving junk around that I can find in a few hours. (other than ultra-rare heli loot of course, but it's not like carrying an AUG makes you bullet proof). Still, to me this sounds like dupers, no one is going to put that much effort to build a base in a high traffic area like that.

My friend and I found a stash in cherno, behind a locked door in one of the cafes.  I dunno how long it was there and doubt it would last long but it was pretty cool and the first time I've actually seen that.  There wasn't anything particularly good but I relocked the door when we left.

Ya that doesn't look like dupers considering one of the tents is badly damaged and there not a million guns in each backpack (I assume), but the only thing that worries me is how long did it take them to find all those mountain backpacks ? I hardly see those anymore at all so if anything they are just duping the back packs (or you just found a massive clans base , either way good job , leave a note if you definitely know they weren't dupers ! ).

Well, they're set up on the public hive, so they can zip from server to server after they've reset and gather up tons of gear to store on that one persistent server. I find Mountain Backpacks often (I'm currently using one), especially after a fresh reset.

When they die, they log on persistent server, grab some stuff from their tents, and continue hopping other public servers. Not my cup of tea (boring and... why bother?), but to each his own.

Never found any stashes myself but I love the idea of your crew and this other crew sharing the same server/space. In my experience way too many people hop around from server to server which takes something away from the experience IMO.

There are lots of possibilities that arise from sticking to one server including running into each other at some point which could result in tense stand-off situations rather than the typical shoot-on-sight scenario.

Not to mention, like you said, leaving notes around and claiming territory for your side and defending it from intruders.

Not everyone that has in their possession duped or hacked gear is actually the one that did it though, sometimes people end up killing hackers and taking their hacked gear. My clan killed a hacker last week that apparently had ammo boxes inside ammo boxes containing stuff for so many times that they couldn't find the bottom.

Never found any stashes myself but I love the idea of your crew and this other crew sharing the same server/space. In my experience way too many people hop around from server to server which takes something away from the experience IMO.

There are lots of possibilities that arise from sticking to one server including running into each other at some point which could result in tense stand-off situations rather than the typical shoot-on-sight scenario.

Not to mention, like you said, leaving notes around and claiming territory for your side and defending it from intruders.

Indeed and I am looking forward to this. DayZ's slowly becoming DayZ hehe. I'm kinda the leader of our group of survivors and negotiating over ressources and territory with other groups is right up my alley.

It is however a bit moot since all our (and their) tents got deleted. Doesn't matter, we'll stay persistent. :)

Not everyone that has in their possession duped or hacked gear is actually the one that did it though, sometimes people end up killing hackers and taking their hacked gear. My clan killed a hacker last week that apparently had ammo boxes inside ammo boxes containing stuff for so many times that they couldn't find the bottom.

If you have hacked gear you are a hacker..........

If you have hacked gear you are a hacker..........

Then that probably makes you a hacker too if you've ever picked up an M4 or mosin off of someone, along with 99% of DayZ players. Seriously loose definition of the term "hacker".

Edited by Chzy
  • Like 1

HEY! You found the wonderbox! We had four wonderboxes back before the surprise update that wiped all the tents, they were protector cases with ammo boxes in them which had protector cases and it just sort of kept going, had every type of handgun, multiple of every mag, every optic, all the M4 attachments, ammo, medical stuff. It was a bunch of fun to unpack it because it just kept going.

It was cool how we got them too, we had just spawned into kamy to start up a little forced labor apple picking operation when we saw some people running along the coast, we caught up to them right at the hangers and thats where the firefight started, we pushed them into the hangers with our various AKs. One of us stormed in from the electro side firing wildly in a suicide run while the other two of us came in the solnich side and flanked them while they were distracted, we lost one out of three, they lost all four. It was a good haul.

Oh, and the devs have clearly stated that being in possession of and or using hacked gear is not against the rules or ban worthy, same with duped gear, it is against the rules to hack or run scripts or knowingly abuse exploits, it is not against the rules to collect a hacker or dupers gear once you have killed them. I'd say the vast majority of my M4s have come from duper kills in the coastal areas, when they can dupe they get sloppy and generally make for an easy kill with a medium range weapon such as a blaze.

HEY! You found the wonderbox! We had four wonderboxes back before the surprise update that wiped all the tents, they were protector cases with ammo boxes in them which had protector cases and it just sort of kept going, had every type of handgun, multiple of every mag, every optic, all the M4 attachments, ammo, medical stuff. It was a bunch of fun to unpack it because it just kept going.

It was cool how we got them too, we had just spawned into kamy to start up a little forced labor apple picking operation when we saw some people running along the coast, we caught up to them right at the hangers and thats where the firefight started, we pushed them into the hangers with our various AKs. One of us stormed in from the electro side firing wildly in a suicide run while the other two of us came in the solnich side and flanked them while they were distracted, we lost one out of three, they lost all four. It was a good haul.

Oh, and the devs have clearly stated that being in possession of and or using hacked gear is not against the rules or ban worthy, same with duped gear, it is against the rules to hack or run scripts or knowingly abuse exploits, it is not against the rules to collect a hacker or dupers gear once you have killed them. I'd say the vast majority of my M4s have come from duper kills in the coastal areas, when they can dupe they get sloppy and generally make for an easy kill with a medium range weapon such as a blaze.

The wonderbox, lol. I had called the one we found the matryoshka ammo box. It was funny they brought back like a bunch of ammo boxes, AKM drums and MP5 mags and stuff like that to the tents, but nobody really used any of it because hacked gear and most everybody was already either geared up or had different guns and setups. It just sat there in the floor of the tent until eventually persistent items were wiped, so I guess its good it was out of circulation at least.

I can't remember exactly how they had killed the hacker, but I think it was just one hacker and one of the guys in my clan snuck around to his flank and had caught him out looking through his boxes or something.

Edited by Chzy