ploulaf

DayZ fan film (live action)

Hi fellows, my friends and I just finished a fan film we did on DayZ.
We had a lot of fun doing it, I hope you guys will like it too! We wanted to concentrate on the survival and the danger of other players (let's admit it, zombies are a joke)

rather serious description:
This is a short film made by a group of friends gathered by a common wish to translate into pictures our vision of a post-apocalyptic world.
With a small but passioned team, we wanted to add our brush stroke in the DAYZ universe.

DayZ is a game where the player's destiny is never the paved one. Death is always lurking.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by ploulaf
  • Like 10

By making a fan, free film?
That'd be like being killed by punching while you hold a M4

By making a fan, free film?

That'd be like being killed by punching while you hold a M4

Fan art is fine as it tends to be static images and the like. Film making is maybe a step further. While I appreciate what you have there is a genuine fan short, and my initial comment is more tongue in cheek, if you were the approached to do something a little longer or more expensive where do the rights to the DayZ world stop being public domain and owned by Bohemia. Of course, you could argue that Rocket/Bohemia weren't exactly being original by using zombies, but Chernarus and it's environment are distinct enough for them to claim you are infringing on their rights. After all it's a possibility to licence a film at a later date.

Fantastic

I've got a feeling you might get a letter from Bohemia's lawyers.. ;)

LOL WTF?

Anyway dude, really really nice film mate. I posted on twitter!

I've got a feeling you might get a letter from Bohemia's lawyers.. ;)

LOL

anyways, amazing short film, I really enjoyed that. I think Dayz guys should hire you guys to do publicity commercials.

Would like to see more of that in the future.

High five!