Sign in to follow this  
erock482

Correct Mounting of Suppressor East on AK Variant Rifles

I've noticed that the Suppressor East mounts incorrectly on AK variant rifles, it should mount at the base of the Front Sight, not clear out at the tip of the Muzzle brake. It is a simple thing but yet it does bug me that it is incorrect. Hopefully it will be corrected in the next update!

• Like 3

For those who didn't see it in the other thread and aren't sure what he means...

Hnfh8xbl.jpg

Easy fix, too, assuming Arma logic applies (most likely.) You move a proxy back on the model. Takes about fifteen seconds.

Has anyone found the east suppresor anywhere other than xmas trees ? IE are they now spawning at military loot spawns ??

Has anyone found the east suppresor anywhere other than xmas trees ? IE are they now spawning at military loot spawns ??

found one in the middle of the road next to a Russian crash but not too close to it but I don't think it counts......

Don't forget the upside down handguard on all the AK rifles. The whole thing is a mess, the AK-74 can't mount a PSO scope despite having a accessory rail for one rendered on the receiver.

s0XpYDE.jpg

Don't forget the upside down handguard on all the AK rifles. The whole thing is a mess, the AK-74 can't mount a PSO scope despite having a accessory rail for one rendered on the receiver.

s0XpYDE.jpg

Yea would be nice if they removed the side mounting plate and the PSO would not mount on the ak74 or the akm neither of which should have a side rail.

The ak 101 could then be turned into the ak74m and that should mount side optics.

Yea would be nice if they removed the side mounting plate and the PSO would not mount on the ak74 or the akm neither of which should have a side rail.

That isn't true at all. There are several variants of the AKM and AK-74 that have a side rail. The rail should stay in place for future optics such as the Kobra or 1PN58 Night Vision Device.

That isn't true at all. There are several variants of the AKM and AK-74 that have a side rail. The rail should stay in place for future optics such as the Kobra or 1PN58 Night Vision Device.

Variants exactly but the original ak74 and akm did not have a side rail and the side rail especially on the akm was very rarely used and was mostly used for specialized units.

Same applies to the ak74 where it was not until the ak74n when the side rail was adopted the a74n saw very limited numbers also.

What separates the ak74m is that all of them have a side rail standard.

The AK-74s featured in the Chernarus campaign in ArmA 2 featured Kobra and PSO optics. I don't understand why you don't like accessory rails. Modularity is a good thing. We need more of it, not less.

The AK-74s featured in the Chernarus campaign in ArmA 2 featured Kobra and PSO optics. I don't understand why you don't like accessory rails. Modularity is a good thing. We need more of it, not less.

Then those were ak74ns and they were issued in limited numbers.Modularity for the sake of modularity isn't always good.

Especially in this case where such restrictions based on reality would create a weapon hierarchy within the ak family something that would be fantastic.

Instead of having the akm,ak74 and ak101 almost being identical in value with subtle differences.

You would instead have a cohesive hierarchy of AKM = limited modularity, ak74 = some modularity and ak74m or ak101 = full ak modularity.

Would really flesh out the ak family imo.

I like modularity aswell. Also, I don't rly think a hierarchie and a specific role for each weapon is necessary. Afterall I consider the vast difersety to be a feature that increases the survival/post apocaliptyc feeling. You use what you get and not necessarily pick what's the best choice for each member of a tactical squad

It was mentioned in one of the Weapons threads that it was just a bug.

These AK rifles could be variants made from places besides Russia such as East Germany or Yugoslavia, which had side rail AKMs.

No they look like Russian Aks. In fact it almost looks like they just took the ak101 aka ak74m model and added wood hand guards to it in order to make it look like original production ak74s.

If that is the case then removing the side rail in the model should eventually be done.

Sure lots of Soviet satellite nations made ak74s and akms but they all have their own unique look its super easy to differentiate a yugo akm from a russian akm for example.

If that is the case then removing the side rail in the model should eventually be done.

No thats bullshit. That will mean we will have people finding rare optics and NVDs and unable to use such peripherals until finding end tier loot when such addons will be superseded buy equal loot and prevent people from using such items while using 7.62x39 guns when they should be able to pick and create a rifle unique to their needs or wants. 

I think only the AK-74, Ak-74su, and the AK-101 should have side rails. To mount an optic on an SKS, an AKM, or an AK, you should need to fabricate a side rail from appropriate steel at a sweat shot. Or steel a siderail using a punch from one of the above mentioned guns. You'll need to power the generators from gasoline with car batteries and harvest steel from appropriate sources (if you're making one). It should be quite an undertaking! But then we should be able to make brackets and mounts for every gun this way. Of course, you should need an original stolen siderail to reverse engineer.

I think only the AK-74, Ak-74su, and the AK-101 should have side rails. To mount an optic on an SKS, an AKM, or an AK, you should need to fabricate a side rail from appropriate steel at a sweat shot. Or steel a siderail using a punch from one of the above mentioned guns. You'll need to power the generators from gasoline with car batteries and harvest steel from appropriate sources (if you're making one). It should be quite an undertaking! But then we should be able to make brackets and mounts for every gun this way. Of course, you should need an original stolen siderail to reverse engineer.

Ak74 and the ak74su have no side rails.

Certain variants of the ak74 have side rails those are designated by having the N at the end of their model number.

Those were issued in very limited numbers and were not common at all. In the 90s however when the ak74m was introduced a side rail was standardized to every model.

So realistically the side rail should not exist on the akm,sks,ak74.

The ak74m aka ak101 in game should have a rail.

If you want to keep insisting that these are all Russian AK rifles with no possibility of these being domestically made or non Russian versions that come with a side rail as standard then we would have to apply this logic of no deviations from real world versions to other firearms as well. That means:

No M4A1s with CCMG roll marks. CCMG would be the last company on earth to secure a military contract due to their poor record of building pot metal receivers. M4 carbines should have Colt or FN roll marks.

All M4A1s would have a Knights Armament Rail system and M68 (or ACOG) with a BUIS as standard. M4s and M4A1s haven't been issued in dayz's configuration in years. Even when ordering from depot, military orders have a RIS,M68, and BUIS already attached.

AUGA1 would have no compatibility with STANNAGs or PMAGs and use a proprietary magazine.

If you want to keep insisting that these are all Russian AK rifles with no possibility of these being domestically made or non Russian versions that come with a side rail as standard then we would have to apply this logic of no deviations from real world versions to other firearms as well. That means:

No M4A1s with CCMG roll marks. CCMG would be the last company on earth to secure a military contract due to their poor record of building pot metal receivers. M4 carbines should have Colt or FN roll marks.

All M4A1s would have a Knights Armament Rail system and M68 (or ACOG) with a BUIS as standard. M4s and M4A1s haven't been issued in dayz's configuration in years. Even when ordering from depot, military orders have a RIS,M68, and BUIS already attached.

AUGA1 would have no compatibility with STANNAGs or PMAGs and use a proprietary magazine.

I always took those small inconsistencies as preliminary mistakes that would get ironed at at a later point in time.

Of course worrying about these small unrealistic and more importantly factual inconsistencies would be counter productive but they should be fixed at a later point in time.

It is just like the pu scope with elevation adjustments only up to 300m when should be 1300m, or duplex reticles on what appears to be high end optics. All just minor mistakes that will eventually get removed.

This is how I view this issue also.

Well, all those things you mention should happen, or should have happened... although I doubt they will ever. CMMG is on the M4A1s, the A3 MX-series rifles, the DayZ/A3 ball caps and the tactical bacon... not sure if product placement deal or for friendly amusement, but I would rather they didn't do this.

Most all M4A1s should spawn with Aimpoints, ACOGs, railed forends, etc. AUG shouldn't use the STANAG magazines. The AKM and the AKMS should be two different weapons. Side rails or versions with side rails should be relatively uncommon. Scopes, handguards, stocks should not be instantly swapped out, it should take time, people shouldn't be swapping various optics in the middle of firefights. SKS should spawn with bayonet. Mosin shoulda hadda straight bolt. M44 Compensator shouldn't be in the game as they are useless. The Makarov and its magazine should have been modeled after a PM or IJ-70 and not a 12-round PMM as has been done. Etc etc etc.

I never liked the idea of random scopes, disembodied stocks and handguards, various parts lying around everywhere. Doesn't make sense. From a "gameplay perspective" yes... item upgrades and progression... still don't like it. Attachment system should be used to make desired changes to acquired weapons, not an excuse to spawn every single weapon in its most basic form and then upgrade bit by random bit. Although some weapons should be basic, AKM, AK-74, it's annoying to have so many AKs with US Palm magazines, 75-rd drums, painted green, railed handguards, PSO-1 if they are lucky... the great majority of AKs should be quite basic but it doesn't seem that way, many I see are tricked out.

I don't like it because I don't think it's plausible to find all these random parts lying around to make people's guns look cool.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is all the accessories for the M4, I wouldn't imagine post-Soviet zombie apocalypse to look like a TAPCO catalogue...

The M4A1 is a much newer weapon, militaries are more likely to issue M4A1s with optics than M4A1s with only iron sights. In fact it would make sense for M4s to spawn with quad rails, ACOGs, Aimpoints, already on them, but that's unlikely to happen... compared to the AKM, an old weapon, 99%+ never had any form of optics in military service, any AKMs with optics would have been upgraded personally or hodgepodge in small batches. The main reason the M4 is "more modern" than the AK, or M16A1, etc, is the modularity and ease of attaching different optics and such.

So if you looked at the DayZ public hive and counted the percentage of M4A1s with optics and the same for AKMs, the optically-sighted M4A1s should be exponentially higher. But the number of players carrying some form of AK should be much, much higher than those with M4A1s. Just makes sense to me, would feel more authentic.

As far as PSO-1 it's used on SVDs and similar far more than anything else, so I don't see why it should spawn anywhere else, it shouldn't be an AK-equivalent to the ACOG. It just doesn't feel right to have every second AKM wearing a PSO-1. Players could take the choice of putting it on the AK or keeping the SVD instead.

Although some weapons should be basic, AKM, AK-74, it's annoying to have so many AKs with US Palm magazines, 75-rd drums, painted green, railed handguards, PSO-1 if they are lucky... the great majority of AKs should be quite basic but it doesn't seem that way, many I see are tricked out.

Modularity for the sake of it.

Really hope they eventually just have a realistic approach to the accessories it is annoying seeing everyone with tricked out aks and tacticool sks rifles with camo patterns.