Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

Met my first, no doubt, hacker today. Good job devs! (no, really!)

356 hours in game. THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX.

And I have only met this ONE hacker. I used to see the bastards DAILY in the mod. Hell, sometimes HOURLY.

I don't know what you devs did to combat them, or what, but you did it right. So well done guys.

So, the story goes like this: I was just in the process of getting myself kitted out, when I encountered another player. He claimed to "Know I had no ammo for my gun", which was true, but I figured it to be a guess. I ran away, he chased me, and I managed to escape and patch myself up after a brief axe exchange that neither of us won.

A few minutes later, I was running and hiding, proceeding building to building (this is elektro, btw). As I neared the edge of the city, while I was hiding inside a building, I heard someone playing a song in direct (

). This music was BLASTING in my ear, despite nobody being near me. I realized I heard the word "COBRA" in the lyrics (my in game name is CobraCmndr[FOG]), then I knew (the actual line goes "so that birthday cake, get a cobra, buggati fer real, Im a cold bruh). This guy really DID know that I had no ammo, he knew my character name without any input from me, and as I ran away, the music followed me through several buildings and up stairs until after several missed shots, he finally got me. I gotta give the guy props for at least being creative, I suppose.

So anyway, once again, good work guys on keeping the vast majority of these scum away from my in game fun.

• Like 1

356 hours in game. THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX.

i have 551, get on my level.

O play on low pop servers, we hang out in NW part of map. Hackers are to lazy to go there :)

• Like 1

I don't think it has anything to do with the Devs. You just happened to have enough luck to not run into any of them in that timeframe.

There is quit a bit of hacking going on at the present build. private, public, doesn't matter.

I've run into 3 in the past week.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

LOL sounds like one creative tweaker. Cant call them hackers because they don't hack they tweak the files they purchase to benefit the fact they have no balls, and cant play the game normal. One on one they lose, but are able to use hacks to better edge the fight. Seems pointless doesn't it going one on one against skilled more devoted players doesn't it?

Id much rather play the Sneakydude run up and knife you before you have a chance to see what's behind you. Yet again unlimited health, ammo teleports and worst of all knowing every location on the map makes it too easy for them to win.

I guess its cheaper then renting your own server. Hey did I say that out loud!!!

Still made me laugh about the music part. At least you didn't get shot through walls :(

Glad you had some spirits left :)

I have about 900 hours - and I've seen plenty with various capabilities. I don't think we're supposed to say what their capabilities are, but I think it's safe to acknowledge that they exist. I avoid Elektro, Berezino, and all areas near them on high pop 3rd person USA servers - if you go looking, you're likely to find them. Although I was super impressed on twitch about a week ago watching Anthony Kongphan take out a teleporter about 5x in a row behind Elektro. It was beyond impressive... and another sign of how gimp hackers truly are. Teleporters are ubiquitous, any player who hasn't seen at least one is either lying or a low pop server hopper.

• Like 1

I've not seen one in the 300 hours or so. There have been times when I haven't been certain about the circumstances in which I died, sometimes I thought I was hidden or had approached an area unseen and then died a short while after, but certainly not seen anything which I can say for certain was a hacker.

I don't server hop and I generally play on servers with 30+ people. I don't spend all my time in Cherno/elektro/berezino though, I travel the whole map looting and surviving. Maybe that's why I haven't seen them, but please don't assume anyone who hasn't encountered a hacker is a lying.

Only ones I've seen have been on twitch or YouTube.

I have about 900 hours - and I've seen plenty with various capabilities. I don't think we're supposed to say what their capabilities are, but I think it's safe to acknowledge that they exist. I avoid Elektro, Berezino, and all areas near them on high pop 3rd person USA servers - if you go looking, you're likely to find them. Although I was super impressed on twitch about a week ago watching Anthony Kongphan take out a -REDACTED!!!!- about 5x in a row behind Elektro. It was beyond impressive... and another sign of how gimp hackers truly are. -REDACTED!!!!!!- are ubiquitous, any player who hasn't seen at least one is either lying or a low pop server hopper.

Edited to show proper post that won't get hidden :P

Try instead of that bad word, use "Guy who does sneaky things" or "Guy who 'enterprises' around" or "Guy who does bad hack-y" things, although the last one is still pushing it.

Edited to show proper post that won't get hidden :P

Try instead of that bad word, use "Guy who does sneaky things" or "Guy who 'enterprises' around" or "Guy who does bad hack-y" things, although the last one is still pushing it.

I could say, "Those who have capabilities the likes of David Blaine", or people who can do things like this guy from the Turn Down For What video.

1403043915840.gif

• Like 1

I've got around 400 hours, and I've only encountered one certain hacker using a teleport hack. My hopping days are long gone, and if I'm not playing on a private server, I'm picking ones with at least 10-15 players. There's been a few times my death seemed unexplainable, until you realize that gun noise is bugged, and Mosin bullets are supersonic.

And DeatHTaX, give it a rest, would you? Your "mustn't say the word 'hackers'!" schtick is getting old.

As far as I can tell hackers exist and they are all over, but concentrated levels are found near the coast for sure. I have a theory they prefer clan tags over non tagged players. I took my clan tags off and havent encounted any in the past few games. Cant say for sure though. Just a theory.

Crazykage,

i´ve seen some hackers and they were doing things like teleporting, flying, magically takeing stuff from my inventory, hitting me from the distance and more.

But your description doesn´t sound like hacking. He could have guessed you have no ammo and he could have checked your pulse while near you to know your name and the whole soundthing is buggy anyway.

And there would be no need to chase and fight with you. He could teleport or simply hit you with his axe or fists from like 50m away.

I've got around 400 hours, and I've only encountered one certain hacker using a teleport hack. My hopping days are long gone, and if I'm not playing on a private server, I'm picking ones with at least 10-15 players. There's been a few times my death seemed unexplainable, until you realize that gun noise is bugged, and Mosin bullets are supersonic.

And DeatHTaX, give it a rest, would you? Your "mustn't say the word 'hackers'!" schtick is getting old.

Ha, I never said you couldn't say the word hackers. it's the dirty "T" word you can't say :P

If you don't like it, ignore it :) sorry boutcha, buddy. I think I might just start doing it even harder now....

Edited by DeatHTaX

I have been playing since last feb.. I have seen 2 that I know for a fact with my own eyes....in a year. But there have been times I have been on a server were others have in my group seen map glitchers and loged off quickly. But its pretty rare for me to see them. There out there, just rare.

I did some research on dayz "hackers" a while ago....well there not really "hackers" at all there "cheaters" the use 3rd party software to cheat with. The real hackers are the ones who make them. Stuff like ESP, teliport ect ect... Basicly its malware. Malware is basicly a peice of software that give your ip to someone else for the 2 do what ever they want with. Its kind of like giving someone you dont know the key to your house whos shady and hoping you dont get robed...its the truth. So these "hackers" may pay a really heavy price using programs like that...no joke. Some shady ass shit man. Basicly by having one of those "hacks" on your system to cheat in dayz, you put your ID at serous risk and could pay a heavy price in RL just to cheat in a game that has no score board....Pretty dumb if you ask me. I think most who are aware even if the want to do it, will not becuase the price can be really heavy. It really lose lose for everyone.

I think its great the devs added extra measure to screen for "hackers". I still hear about them....for me its hard to tell with people though. I cant tell if there just making up excuses for dieing or they really did see one....That is getting really old.

Edited by CJFlint

I've never ran into a hacker somehow but if you watch the popular twitch streamers they run into them on just about every server. There has to be thousands of them out there.

...................................................................what if the devs go out the bar and get alittle typsy, and decide to go back and screw with us....What if is them doing it :o.....for the hell of it......ALIENS!

Edited by CJFlint

I did some research on dayz "hackers" a while ago....well there not really "hackers" at all there "cheaters" the use 3rd party software to cheat with.

No wonder you never encounter any hackers. I never seem to find out if they made the cheats themselves or not.

The worst thing is i encounter a lot of this obvious hackers/cheaters/scripkiddies, but just by judging by the amount of kids that are superobvious about it it has to really bad at this point. The only thing that frustrates me is the lack of acknowledge that this is a real big problem and that they have a plan of some sort to bring it to acceptable levels. The only thing I as a consumer is faced with is kind like this. "ive never seen a hacker so there is no problem", or just post being deleted just talking about it. I really want to know if this is prioritised or just shrugged off. Thats all.

Edited by aasand

We have been more than tolerant concerning  hackspam since the 11/9/14, the date when open discussion of hackspam ceased to be (RIP).

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168635-whats-the-current-hacking-status-like-in-dayzsa/page-131?p=2109556#entry2109556

Hacking:
If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Please do not make topics or post videos. They will be locked or removed.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum-78/announcement-6-read-before-posting/

Warnings will be issued to those that ignore the Rules & Guidelines.