CJ_14

Crying Noises

So yesterday I was running around Chernogorsk after spawning, and I heard this man...crying, yes...CRYING. At first I just ignored it and kept moving, later on I heard it again, like really close...almost right besides me, so I looked around and no one was there or even near. I heard it multiple times, it was kinda scary...specially because it was a full server, first person only and it was getting dark.

I thought someone might be stalking me, but they sounded way to close on Dir Comm and I had no radio on me. Freaked the hell out of me

Edited by CJ_14

Weird, same thing happened for me and a friend, first we thought it was a player, but same, it was to close and we couldn't see anyone.. 
I'm still betting on it was a player fucking with us.

Weird, same thing happened for me and a friend, first we thought it was a player, but same, it was to close and we couldn't see anyone.. 

I'm still betting on it was a player fucking with us.

Yeah I thought that as well, but how? hack?

Nah, don't think so, I guess the guy fucking with us was really well hidden. When we first heard the crying we ran like hell to our V3S, 20-30 seconds later we wen't back to the barrack to check the bushes around us, no guy, no crying. He probably ran away. 

Dunno, but I loved every seond of it. 

• Like 2

When you eat human meat, you have a chance to get brain disease and cry and laugh uncontrollably. So far so good. But theres a bug momentarily, where the game does "attach" this crying/laughing debuff to some random person on the server, and not to the player actually eating the meat. So, I think it is your own character, and as far as I know, you can't get rid of it, so if it bothers you... suicide time!

• Like 1

Probably just skulking around in the shadows, in a building or just around the corner watching you. We detained a gentleman last night after we kept hearing the same thing you did. Turns out he was just trolling people, we had a good laugh about it and turned him loose with supplies and told him to keep on trolling

Probably just skulking around in the shadows, in a building or just around the corner watching you. We detained a gentleman last night after we kept hearing the same thing you did. Turns out he was just trolling people, we had a good laugh about it and turned him loose with supplies and told him to keep on trolling

It was like a looped audio file kinda laugh...I was in plain open field when happened and he sounded right NEXT to me. Happened on streets, buildings, forest, beach...

When you eat human meat, you have a chance to get brain disease and cry and laugh uncontrollably. So far so good. But theres a bug momentarily, where the game does "attach" this crying/laughing debuff to some random person on the server, and not to the player actually eating the meat. So, I think it is your own character, and as far as I know, you can't get rid of it, so if it bothers you... suicide time!

I did some looking and yes, it looks like that is. The sound of crying I heard was the same you do when you get infected with Kuru. I think is great (the feature, not the bug)

My wife and I were in Vybor mil base a few nights ago.  There was only 3 people on the server including us and while looting the barracks both of us lost control of our toons and it was like our mice were going crazy spinning us around and we both were crying.  It was almost like really bad desync but it wouldn't let up and again couldnt control where we wanted to go just would run straight then go in circles and the crying was freaking out my wife.  We thought a hack so we logged out and logged into another server.  

I heard footsteps around me when I was out in the deep woods but there was nothing there....

We need to call Ghostbusters!

I heard footsteps around me when I was out in the deep woods but there was nothing there....

We need to call Ghostbusters!

Rabbits?

• Like 2

Rabbits?

Elmer_fudd.jpg

LOL then I found this pic looking for that one....

elmer-fudd-hunts-duckface.jpg#elmer%20fu

YES!!!

• Like 3

CJ, my freind..........you got to cook human meat before you eat it.....emk.....just build a fire and cook it 1st... :thumbsup:

Can't believe I just said that.....what a creepy game... :o

CJ, my freind..........you got to cook human meat before you eat it.....emk.....just build a fire and cook it 1st... :thumbsup:

Can't believe I just said that.....what a creepy game... :o

CJ, my friend. I've never eaten human meat, it was a bug that was letting me hear someone else's crying (kinda like global chat). All I use human meat for is to force fed bandits

CJ, my friend. I've never eaten human meat, it was a bug that was letting me hear someone else's crying (kinda like global chat). All I use human meat for is to force fed bandits

Well that is creepy then, maybe there were players near by...

Global has been kind of weird lately. I kept hearing explosions last night, like over and over. It is vary posible it was a bug.

Edited by CJFlint

This topic again.

It's the voice of another canibal on the server. He is not near you but you will hear him, just like the other random soda can/eating/combining sounds.

This topic again.

It's the voice of another canibal on the server. He is not near you but you will hear him, just like the other random soda can/eating/combining sounds.

I doubt it. The ambient sounds always cuts off before finishing. The crying sound plays all the way (I have had it as well).

My theory is that there is a small risk that you can get the disease by being injured by zombies.

Global has been kind of weird lately. I kept hearing explosions last night, like over and over. It is vary posible it was a bug.

It is, it happens everytime someone joins a server

This topic again.

Yes, this was pointed out a couple of post above, thanks though

I doubt it. The ambient sounds always cuts off before finishing. The crying sound plays all the way (I have had it as well).

My theory is that there is a small risk that you can get the disease by being injured by zombies.

It is actually a bug when someone gets Kuru, some other players get the crying sound "attached" to their character

It's a bug, there's a cannibal or two on the server and you're hearing the sound they make. It glitches, just like you hear phantom pop cans, ammo sorting and the like. It's creepy as hell, especially when you're playing at night. It happened to me and I thought a cannibal was stalking me through night time Novo, but after about a half hour of hearing it, always at the same volume I figured it out. Still, when I hear it for the first time, I take caution's side and assume it's real. After the third or fourth time hearing it, while moving at the same volume and no sighting of the person it's safe to assume it's a glitch.

• Like 3

After the third or fourth time hearing it, while moving at the same volume and no sighting of the person it's safe to assume it's a glitch.

Yeeeesssss. It's probably just a glitch. It's better that you think that.

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f

Edited by Pillock

I had this also the other day. It confused for a bit til I realized it was my toon that was making the sound. Weird because I haven't eaten anyone.....yet. But I did skin a guy and wore his face like a mask while I did my little cookie dance.

Jesus christ mate, same thing for me yesterday! 

I heard 2 explosions, on a night server, even saw the smoke from one the explosions. But no players, creepy as fuck. 

Jesus christ mate, same thing for me yesterday! 

I heard 2 explosions, on a night server, even saw the smoke from one the explosions. But no players, creepy as fuck. 

I think CJ_14 is right it maybe when players logging in. I was down in cherno in one of the towers 1st time I heard it, I hit the deck LOL. In fact I was hearing allot of bazare global noises...I saw the smoke too....were in cherno?

Last night really was turned out to be bazare night for me in dayz....just weird. All my freinds left for the night I decided to stay loged in on this high pop up in a tower...I kept hearing explosions over and over....random gun shots (prob other players).....It was a weird time of day one the server right after the sun went down.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

So yesterday I was running around Chernogorsk after spawning, and I heard this man...crying, yes...CRYING. At first I just ignored it and kept moving, later on I heard it again, like really close...almost right besides me, so I looked around and no one was there or even near. I heard it multiple times, it was kinda scary...specially because it was a full server, first person only and it was getting dark.

I thought someone might be stalking me, but they sounded way to close on Dir Comm and I had no radio on me. Freaked the hell out of me

Whenever you eat human meat, every few minutes your player either laughs or cries. If you eat human meat there is a 50/50 chance you wont get the disease. Anyways when you heard the laughter its either because someone near you had it or if it sounded REALLY close then you had it, either because you ate human meat, were force fed human meat, or the game desyncs and it just "gives you the kuru"