Sign in to follow this  
Noble Savage

is DayZ the best FPS ever made?

First off, ok, I can hear the cries of 'WHA??? but it's a 'post apocalyptic survival sim'' whatever you say, it's still an FPS, albeit with added depth, it's got guns and players and is first person, it's got First Person Shooter written all over it and it's still alpha and very far from completion, this fact only serves to prove my argument that DayZ is the best FPS ever made now and it will only improve.

What other FPS makes dying so painful? you die and in most cases you lost everything, your loot, your health and your position on the map???

What other FPS makes it so hard to get yourself armed???

What other FPS maes the simple act of killing so difficult??? 40 players on this map??? It's a mission and a half just to find the fuckers lol

What other FPS makes you hunt for supplies in order to maintain your character. makes you invest so heavily, forces you to care about living???

What other FPS gives every kill the same level of utter satisfaction???

What other FPS lets you restrain your victims and smash their heads in with a fire extinguisher???

What other FPS makes killing others feel so sweet??? you know how it feels to die fully geared halfway to a destination with no explanation and that makes the act of inflicting death on others all the more sublime.

I love PVP, I love shooting players in all kinds of First Person Shooters, you name it I've probably played it and enjoyed killing players in it but I swear to God, no game gives me the thrills that come with the kills like DayZ.

I'm no psychopath, I have plenty of empathy, I can symathise with my victims because I get killed all the time, I don't bleat about it, I celebrate the fact that other players are out there, like me just having a ball killing other players, I salute my killer and as I wait for my respawn I replay my characters final moments with a grin on my face, and anticipate my next life with great excitement, will I kill before I die? will I manage to kill several players? what gun will I find, what ammo? will my first kill be melee? will it be with the fists? I cant tell you how excited I get when waiting to respawn.

No other First Person Shooter does this for me, DayZ is the best game ever made for killing other players, thank God for DayZ

Edited by Noble Savage
  • Like 2

Damn you to hell.

It's supposed to be about the misery of survival. Stop enjoying it, you cheater.

• Like 6

... Stop enjoying it, you cheater.

I can't stop enjoying it, I'm a PVP enthusiast and just for the record I never cheat, although I guess you were kinda being tongue in cheek with that comment.

What a game this is, when my mates told me about it I thought, nah, running about looking for tuna? no mate, not for me then when I actually played I was blown away, 'WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME IT WAS AN FPS?' I screamed? 'What was all that nonsense about survival?' they laughed and said 'we told you you'd love it' and I do, best game I ever played.

Edited by Noble Savage

not pure fps because 90% of the people play in third person lol more of a hybrid but yeah ill keep enjoyin dayz all the haters can just run along.

• Like 1

The best thing about DayZ is that is whatever you want it to be. Since there is no objective to the game its up to everyone to define what the game is by creating their own objective.

DayZ provides everything from hardcore role playing to more straight forward PvP death match, and its up each and single one of us to decide what we want to do. This game might be a FPS for you, but its sure as hell not an FPS for me.

Edited by skoms

I take it your a Bandit then? Well played Sir.

Please make the most of all them feelings you get when playing, unfortunately they do tend to fade over time. 

I take it your a Bandit then? 

no he said he likes PvP so CoD kiddy or KoSer i think.

• Like 2

I do not KoS at this game. I played and I still play all kind of FPS games. DayZ is a survival game, every game has their own cause and goals. If you choose to KoS, you can. And yes, DayZ is a thrilling game with high risks. BUT IT IS NOT A GOD DAMN FPS GAME!!!

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Yep the fps side only may be one of the best out there and the best part is that there's a lot more than just fps.

I don't see Dayz as an fps like quake, bf4 or COD but Dayz is whatever you make it. I dont see how shooting everything that moves could be fun for more than 10 minutes but everyone plays for their own enjoyment. Sure PvP can be a rush when you're taking on people with better gear or they have an advantage in numbers but it soon goes away.

I admit dayz has some great PvP moments. And I like the constant threat that im under form login till logout....no breather between rounds or anything like that.

However I don't class it as an FPS, in fact it dosent fit into any defined class of game I can think of. But the goal of a PvP game is to kill stuff, in this game that isn't the goal unless you decide it is. There are no scoreboards, no K/D ratios or other such likes.

Is dayz the best Survival/MMO/FPS/Fishing/hunting/Zombie/Walking/Gathering/Basebuilding/....you get the idea. In the end its gonna have so much that it can be whatever anyone wants it to be:)

Edited by Karmaterror

You know what? :)

On second look,i have a hunch that OP makes a smart trolling attempt,using reverse psychology. :)

No other First Person Shooter does this for me, DayZ is the best game ever made for killing other players, thank God for DayZ

I may be wrong,but i think i detect subtle sarcasm hidden between these lines.

It's either that or maybe i'm just looking way too much into it. :P

There is a long road for the game to even be a game by its own right since it aint even a finished work, all we've got is an alpha, anyhow, it is a sandbox-like game not an fps, so...

No, is not.

Do i enjoy it as it is?

Hell yes, but i hope not as much as i will when is done.

Do i think it is a great game?

I think it has a lot of potential and i'm enjoying it as it develops, time will tell.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Reading more into it myself.. I think he is from middle England (Birmingham, Manchester etc..) somewhere, just by the way he worded his sentances :)

CoD kiddy... hate that kind of "superior/elitist" comment.

DayZ is so mutch more than a FPS, that's why i think it can't stand with most of the true FPShooters in this class. But like mentionned before, it's the only game that leaved me shaking after a fight.

from a FPS point of view, Dayz has very strong and very weak points.

for me, the strategic moves with squad are a strong point of this game, the achievement feeling after every won battle is pretty unique too. the weak points are weapons balance (which is not intended in a survival game), desyncr is also a BIG issue and the learning curve is quite short. take a FPS like CS, it takes way more coordination, reflexes, strategy and overall time spend in the game to be "a good teamplayer/killer".

....... Your way of thinking is so hollow and very short and straightforward, pretty much too much fat too little brain. :) Yeah gl hating.

Also to explain what problem I got with your comment.. Its that dayz is so much more than a fucking cod, I love pvp in dayz its thrilling, you got to take care of yourself while in combat because of injuries, its harder than most games and it need quite alot of tactic.. Unless you kill bad players and is killing freshspawns at the spawntowns..But yeah there is so many things in dayz that makes the pvp so much more fun than some fking fast paced crap pvp like CoD and *others*. So no people who like pvp are not some cod kiddys, maybe you are I don't know. or you are some 15 years old that go around call people kids because you happen  to be 1 year older than others you have met? But then yes I would not call Dayz a fps, as its sandbox survival game with fps genres in it.

• Like 1

Sorry but MoH:AA / CoD 1 were the best FPS' I have played. Obviously this is all in context, but at the time they were at the start of the online gaming era, everything seemed new and amazing, online tricks were there to be first discovered, people would come round to your house and listen to a clan match with TS and they were awestruck by it's visual and audible impact.

Don't get me wrong, DayZ is nice, I like it a lot and have played it and mod for 3 years now, but while the mod when it first came out was a real groundbreaking moment, nothing will match the experience I had in the early 2000's with MoH/CoD.

Killing people in this game is more satisfying than most, save for EvE online. Nothing like seeing thousands of real dollars go up in a flash.

• Like 1

Bad gun plays,

desync and lagg everywhere

can't hear gun shots.

unrealistic weapon sway.(run for 30 seconds and try to aim decent, impossible)

i'm gonna say no

Yes . Absolutely yes and the sad thing is , it's not even an FPS!! That's just what you get though with a dedicated (and let's face it , pretty well off in terms of money after arma and dayz mod ) dev team with a vision all their own.

Instead of making a cookie cutter game like cod or BF (sorry bf fans , I liked 1943 so don't hate) they (dayz devs) decided to go out on a limb and do something no other team has done : to make a sandbox survival game that lives up to it's name and beats out others at their own genre due to it's originality and attention to detail !

Long live dayz and here's to hoping that in a years time all those cookie cutter devs will have made their games based after Dayz's concept , instead of just repeating the same old ideas .

The unreliable audio is the biggest downside for me these days. I can shoot a zombie right in front of my friend and he hears absolutely nothing. It's pretty terrifying to get shot and hear rounds slamming into the wall next to you with absolutely no idea where they are coming from. Makes me glad I have unreal tournament movement in the game for the time being.

What other FPS makes dying so painful? you die and in most cases you lost everything, your loot, your health and your position on the map???

I love PVP, I love shooting players in all kinds of First Person Shooters, you name it I've probably played it and enjoyed killing players in it but I swear to God, no game gives me the thrills that come with the kills like DayZ.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this is because DayZ isn't an FPS, it's a survival game, and I agree with your post, people say don't get attached to your gear, but that just makes it boring.

I think ArmA 2 is a great FPS foundation for DayZ, and I think idealistically when the game is finished, I believe it will be the best FPS ever made. Why?

- Social interaction in a "MMO" setting brings a lot of diversity as well as a dynamic nature to the gameplay

- Commitment to realism, leading to a deep yet intuitive experience

- Tons of elements of character customization for those who crave it
- More items and weapons than most games
- Detailed, realistic gunplay (most games lack proper bullet speeds, bullet drop, recoil, etc.) at both short and long ranges

There are people who might not find this game appealing, which is fine, but for those who enjoy this type of game, or all games (like myself), this game is a great concept with a long way to go on the execution. But so far, despite all the bugs, it's still pretty damn fun to play. Killing other players in this game is really satisfying. I can't say the same for other games.

Edited by t1337Dude

Best FPS game ever made is Doom hands down. No game as classic as the old shooter can compare. Hell i think i play that more than most modern FPS shooters still.