Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

Arm fatigue

Pretty simple suggestion introduce arm fatigue when the weapon is raised up and aiming.

Anyone who has ever shot a rifle before will tell you that holding a rifle up at eye level begins to tire you out after a while.

This is particularly true for heavier rifles. They could simulate this fatigue in a simple way by increasing sway.

• Like 7

I agree.

If there is going to be a shivering/trembling mechanic, for being freezing, then triggering the same shake should be easy to activate and increase by holding up a heavy rifle for a while.

Pretty simple suggestion introduce arm fatigue when the weapon is raised up and aiming.

Anyone who has ever shot a rifle before will tell you that holding a rifle up at eye level begins to tire you out after a while.

This is particularly true for heavier rifles. They could simulate this fatigue in a simple way by increasing sway.

this would be a really neat addition to the game. To make it even better, after holding weapons for a LONG time your character starts to get stronger, and after you have had the same character for a few weeks, your character could go miles and miles with weapons in-hand and stuff. But this isn't quite something that they are entirely focused on, if they add this in the game, then it wont be any time soon.

Sounds like you guys need to lift some weights because it takes a really long time for your arms to wear out with the weapons that are in the game if you had something like a M249 or PKM ok but I think gun sway is kinda over bored in game as is I've ran round for some time and could shoot pretty good and hit my target      

Sounds like you guys need to lift some weights because it takes a really long time for your arms to wear out with the weapons that are in the game if you had something like a M249 or PKM ok but I think gun sway is kinda over bored in game as is I've ran round for some time and could shoot pretty good and hit my target      

Define a very long time.

5 to 6 hours doing random stuff its more about controlling your breathing then arm fatigue and like I said most of the guns in DayZ are not that heavy I think the heaviest is the Mosin-Nagant at like 9lbs and this far into the zombie apocalypse your going to know how to shoot at that point

Edited by Drax

5 to 6 hours doing random stuff its more about controlling your breathing then arm fatigue and like I said most of the guns in DayZ are not that heavy I think the heaviest is the Mosin-Nagant at like 9lbs and this far into the zombie apocalypse your going to know how to shoot at that point

lol at 5 to 6 hours of holding your rifle up you would be in the floor in pain from muscle spasms.

The fatigue is no different than what happens when you hold out a light book with your arms spread, the weight is easy to manage at first but the lactic acid begins to build in your arms and begins to burn.

Everyone can hold their gun on their waist or on a strap or something like that for long time but this is about holding a gun on eye level. You can't do that without getting bigger sways later on for a too long time.

This is more of a problem when you're standing up. Kneeling with arms supported on the body and prone naturally don't fatigue arm if at all. But if you can't get your arm or gun supported on anything you can't get a steady aim for a long time and you need to take breaks.

Edited by St. Jimmy

And now for some documented information:

I think holding up a gun for more then a minute or so should a players get trembling, increasing up to say 4, upon which the arms are lowered automatically, upon you can raise them again, but with a remaining lactic acid the shake and break point are met quicker.

Mechanically it could be a simple counter, that starts trembling at various levels at certain numbers. When the arms are lowered the last number - another number is the new starting counter number.

• Like 2

You never shake from holding a gun. 9lbs is not much. I can see lactic acid buildup and having your arms burn, but not shake.

Regardless it does get tiring lift you are lifting a gun while you have to shoot and run alot.. have you ever played paintball atleast ? after a day it gets tiresome but thats from constantly shooting and being in contact alot

I have both a paintball marker and a 4kg long airgun. I can easily hold up the much lighter paintball marker, but the few extra kg of my 8lb airgun will have me swaying within a minute. 9lb is without a scope.. so loaded, scoped, bipod, the gun may be even 10+ lb, about 5 KG, and just like demonstrated in the video, even fit and strong people will have mayor sway after a while holding a gun on a target.

It's a good reason to go to a lower bone supported position, or favour a bullpup rifle, which brings the rifle's weight backwards, making it easier to hold up.

I should not have said trebling, or shaking, but swaying.

Edited by Troll_Hunter
  • Like 1

You mean something comparable to the holding your breath mechanics?

Made this suggestion a while ago so im 100% in agreement. It just makes sense :)

Edited by Karmaterror

You mean something comparable to the holding your breath mechanics?

No what I am suggesting is that the longer you hold a weapon up after pressing space and including when you aim down the sights the more tired your arms get and begin to shake this happens in real life especially with heavy firearms.

I am talking about after like 20 seconds or so.

It's a good change that would have the game look far more realistic since everyone would not run around with their weapon raised

Edited by gibonez

No what I am suggesting is that the longer you hold a weapon up after pressing space and including when you aim down the sights the more tired your arms get and begin to shake this happens in real life especially with heavy firearms.

I am talking about after like 20 seconds or so.

It's a good change that would have the game look far more realistic since everyone would not run around with their weapon raised

I'd really enjoy a RO2 mechanic where simply having a windowsill or a wall or tree or literally anything to rest your weapon on or against increases your stability. Worked out well in ACE and RO2.

I'd really enjoy a RO2 mechanic where simply having a windowsill or a wall or tree or literally anything to rest your weapon on or against increases your stability. Worked out well in ACE and RO2.

Yea weapon resting and bipod deploying on surfaces would be great.

might be cool if this cold be negated by lying prone...as in elbows could rest on the floor :)

might be cool if this cold be negated by lying prone...as in elbows could rest on the floor :)

yup it should since as you said your arms and the weapon are supported by the ground when prone.