Sign in to follow this  
SteenRNS

How did this not kill this player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ye7KvHEtlo&feature=youtu.be

The first shot hit the arms ,but the second shot hit the torso.

Third shot was further away ,but player ain`t even bleeding.

Could be a graphical bug..

This was an elektro camper shooting newspawns.

Server didn`t seem laggy and its pretty clear i hit with those first two shots.

Can someone explain this one?

For me it looks like an cheater. 

He got just too much damage from you through the first 2 hits, we can even see how he got hit from several shotgun bullets.

Well and i dont believe on desync in this situation, you were directly behind him and standing still for some seconds. 

I think the only reason why he actually run away from you, was that he expected the shots from the front of him, maybe playing without sound or he was simply an noobish cheater, when he turned around he killed you with the first mosin shots in youre legs. 

Well, i cant guarantee it to you, maybe you had really, really, really, bad luck with desync, but i  think it was just an cheater. 

I by myselfe am loading up an movie at this time, where i got killed by an duping cheater. 

.50 is not playable at the moment, wondering where do all the cheaters get they hacks, we have so damned much hackers right now, it must be super easy to cheat and hack.

for 1 its looks like you hit him only 1 time if u see carefully 1 shot got him but the others didnt u cant just shoot the shotgun like that because of the recoil so odds are he might be cheating but i dont think so 1 shot injured him but others didnt hit him and did u go back to see if he was dead ? pretty sure he was since u got first and then he got you 

Very possible, I'm yet to play .50 without coming across some serious duping.

I have survived 3 shotgun shots myself with vest so its possible.

But yeah as Rucki says most probably a cheater. Certain servers I just don't play on anymore as they are literally hacker TDM

• Like 1

Broke arm, hit back pack, missed the last couple shots. Possibly lag. Hard to tell because you were in 3rd person most of the time. I have heard that that shotgun doesnt do much damage. Its possible anything you may have hit him with just damaged his inventory.

Here is my video, where i probably got killed from an duper. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QZFKapRocg

How do you know who killed you. You made enough noise that anyone with a gun would have been looking towards you. Climbing in a stupid overly exposed place. Its... Immature... to state anything about your death other than you got shot.

• Like 4

Broke arm, hit back pack, missed the last couple shots. Possibly lag. Hard to tell because you were in 3rd person most of the time. I have heard that that shotgun doesnt do much damage. Its possible anything you may have hit him with just damaged his inventory.

If you watch my video, in the end you can see, that i got hit only once from an shotgun in the back, just like Steen (OP) shot at this guy 2 times. BUT its killed me instantly.

I think that the cheaters have somee hacks to kill you with first hit, never mind where exactly they hit you. Every time i died f.e. in an room, where i was alone, i heard an explosion and 2 minutes later my legs are broken and 1 sec later im dead.

How do you know who killed you. You made enough noise that anyone with a gun would have been looking towards you. Climbing in a stupid overly exposed place. Its... Immature... to state anything about your death other than you got shot.

Well you are absolutely right with youre argument, but the items are duped definetively and the explosions.... in my experience ( an i played a lot .50) its not an normal situation. 

If you watch my video, in the end you can see, that i got hit only once from an shotgun in the back, just like Steen (OP) shot at this guy 2 times. BUT its killed me instantly.

I think that the cheaters have somee hacks to kill you with first hit, never mind where exactly they hit you. Every time i died f.e. in an room, where i was alone, i heard an explosion and 2 minutes later my legs are broken and 1 sec later im dead.

Your video still shows only that you got shot in the back, by someone you didnt see. It proves nothing about cheaters or exploits. 

The explosion sound is because someone shot the gas pump.

broke arm, okay.

hit back pack, okay.

missed a few beads, okay.

lag, okay.

shotgun doesn't do much damage, no. 12g buckshot point blank.

possible you may have just damaged his inventory, no. blood from the character, and noise indicate the player was hit. I could see if he fired one round or slug into the back pack. This is 12g buckshot. Many beads. Even in DayZ, it is impossible not to get the kill from that range despite armor value. Leads me to suspect something more is going on here. If the source of this incident was lag, the victim would not have ran away correctly. (away from the shooter and quickly.) Upon reviewing the footage, you can clearly see the victims clothing, change from pristine or good, to ruined upon the first shot. Further, the victim did not bleed after the shot. GFX appear to be in working order other then then the blood not seeping from the player. Suggests hacking. B)

Respawned again and found a can opener right away. I guess the dayz gods felt bad for that last round.

I believe this was a hacker... Cant tell for sure though. Maybe the shotgun is bugged.

To bad i didn`t get to shoot off that last shot with the longhorn.

broke arm, okay.

hit back pack, okay.

missed a few beads, okay.

lag, okay.

shotgun doesn't do much damage, no. 12g buckshot point blank.

possible you may have just damaged his inventory, no. blood from the character, and noise indicate the player was hit. I could see if he fired one round or slug into the back pack. This is 12g buckshot. Many beads. Even in DayZ, it is impossible not to get the kill from that range despite armor value. Leads me to suspect something more is going on here. If the source of this incident was lag, the victim would not have ran away correctly. (away from the shooter and quickly.) Upon reviewing the footage, you can clearly see the victims clothing, change from pristine or good, to ruined upon the first shot. Further, the victim did not bleed after the shot. GFX appear to be in working order other then then the blood not seeping from the player. Suggests hacking. B)

You assume the blood effect means anything :P

Last guys who killed me while I was unarmed btw shot me 4 times with the shotgun and broke my leg then his buddy shot me once from his blaze. Shotgun is shit mate.

DAMN the player base got stupid in the months I was gone. 

Not god-mode, this is just a case of the damage system being a mess because of alpher.

Ya'll can stop your white knight crusade against "exploits", because you can only blame DayZ for this. (or in Rucki's case your own incompetence in a populated area.)

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic

I just killed a fully geared bandit on experimental last evening with 1 single MP-133 shot from 10-15m and 90% of his clothes got ruined.

So either the shotgun power and/or damage system is broken on 0.50 stable and now fixed in experimental OR that guy was a cheater. I'm rather inclined to assume it was the latter.

You assume the blood effect means anything :P

hOT2U1M.jpg

"assume". Funny. I do not assume anything the blood effect doesn't mean. The hit was registered.  B)

I found the pump action very inconsistent. I've had one shot kills and also 3 shots fired and not much happened. The double barrel unsawn is the best shotgun in my experience.

I do not assume anything the blood effect doesn't mean. The hit was registered.  B)

The hit was registered on your client you mean. There are quite some situations where the server does not however - you get hit, your screen turns grey but immediately goes back to full color. The second video looked like the enemies hitbox was not where it was supposed to be (probably stuck around the corner) - thats not a problem unique to shotguns.

Maybe shotguns - while now firing multiple pellets - do not always register all the hits but only one of them (which is slightly more powerful than a Makarov round). Now two pellets hitting the targets arm is not fatal but can ruin items - which might explain what happened there. The rest of you shots do not seem to hit.

• Like 1

The hit was registered on your client you mean. There are quite some situations where the server does not however - you get hit, your screen turns grey but immediately goes back to full color. The second video looked like the enemies hitbox was not where it was supposed to be (probably stuck around the corner) - thats not a problem unique to shotguns.

Maybe shotguns - while now firing multiple pellets - do not always register all the hits but only one of them (which is slightly more powerful than a Makarov round). Now two pellets hitting the targets arm is not fatal but can ruin items - which might explain what happened there. The rest of you shots do not seem to hit.

No. I am talking about the first video, not the second. Yes, his client registered the hit. The server also registered the hit. The victim also registered the hit. If the server didn't know the player was shot, why would the victim start running away, or why would his clothing become ruined.