Sign in to follow this  
Osprey98

MP5K VS AKM

Not at all. The only thing the AKS74U has going for it is its slightly higher damage and that its easier to find. Accuracy is the same unless you want to include attachments from other weapons then the MP5-K takes the cake by being able to mount M4 optics. Magazines seem equally rare (in fact I never found a AK74 mag but a few MP5 mags) and 9mm is more common than 5.45x39mm. Also the MP5-K fires significantly faster which helps compensating for the lower damage per round in while sacrificing stamina. So its by no means inferior to the AKS74U (still not worth the additional search time).

Compared to the AKM its easier to handle but has much less range and punch as well as much less stamina. You will find 9mm rounds easier but magazines are harder to get. All in all the AKM is better in everything but close quarters, but the MP5-K also works as a secondary weapon were its one of the best choices - if you can find one. The only weapon that can rival the AKM in overall performance is an M4 though other weapons like Mosin or Blaze might outperform it in specific tasks as well.

AK101 deserves a mention here.

Not at all. The only thing the AKS74U has going for it is its slightly higher damage and that its easier to find. Accuracy is the same unless you want to include attachments from other weapons then the MP5-K takes the cake by being able to mount M4 optics. Magazines seem equally rare (in fact I never found a AK74 mag but a few MP5 mags) and 9mm is more common than 5.45x39mm. Also the MP5-K fires significantly faster which helps compensating for the lower damage per round in while sacrificing stamina. So its by no means inferior to the AKS74U (still not worth the additional search time).

I don't really want to get into an argument with you guys about the mp5k vs ak74u, but at least half the things you posted are incorrect...  "Accuracy is the same" being the most laughable.  Recoil per shot is also the same as the 74, which is lower than the mp5k...

I'll forward you to wobo's guides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLsu6QW9Dw&list=UUEaZAoRquVbDm7-8u1qastw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3rBMiuFnk

Edited by taco86

No gun is "better" in this game. I myself prefer the AKM for the stopping power, range, and how god damn awesome it looks. It's a very good all around primary, especially in CQC. The MP5 is an excellent secondary however; you can fit in your backpack. Good rate of fire, but not a lot of stopping power. Make sure you have enough time to put a good 3-5 bullets in at close range (1-2 for zombies). Not useful at all at long ranges. The ammunition seems to be equally as common, although AKM mags have been easier to find so far than MP5 mags.

Overall it comes down to personal preference. Even if someone says a gun is the worst, just try it. Try it once. The shotguns for example, while most certainly not the most practical weapon, are very fun to use. (Then again, so is an AKM with a drum mag. :P)

it takes 2-3 bullets to kill someone with a mp5 and if you have a redot scope you can find yourself doing easy headshots with this weapon it has a low recoil and high rate of fire and will outmatch the AKM in CQB (ability to turn with this gun fast around corners is amazing too.  for anything else choose akm

"Accuracy is the same" being the most laughable.

I will forward you to the actual ingame values and WOBOs guide to the PM73 RAK that was made after the dispersion changes. Now it seems the MP5-K buttstock is either not spawning or extremely rare but I would dump this in the "rarity" category instead of "accuracy". Also as much as I like WOBOs guides I have to say that the comparison in the AKS74U guide is a little inaccurate - he does compare the AKS74U and the PM73 RAK but disregards the MP5-K taking M4 optics which means more customization as well as (if you find a buttstock) more accuracy.

I will forward you to the actual ingame values and WOBOs guide to the PM73 RAK that was made after the dispersion changes. Now it seems the MP5-K buttstock is either not spawning or extremely rare but I would dump this in the "rarity" category instead of "accuracy". Also as much as I like WOBOs guides I have to say that the comparison in the AKS74U guide is a little inaccurate - he does compare the AKS74U and the PM73 RAK but disregards the MP5-K taking M4 optics which means more customization as well as (if you find a buttstock) more accuracy.

I thought the same as you about WOBO's video but when he mentioned customization he was also refering to the colours you can paint the buttstocks etc. It's true the mp5 is still a beast when it comes to the optics you can have on it, but the aksu can have more options in other areas. But WOBO should have explained it better in his video to be honest normaly he's quite good with coverage. but small mistakes can happen still great info in his stuff!

Just get both and be done with it :)

me and my buddies havent been able to find many akms this update. found one today that someone had dropped. mp5 isnt too great. it looks cool, especially with the rdv1 red dot. but it takes up to half a mag to kill a zombie sometimes with desync and glitching.

if it came down to chosing one, the akm would win all day every day. 

but if you were smart, youd put it in your backpack and stack them so you can hold massive amounts of loot ;D

I'm currently rockin' a kit of consisting of: Fully Kited Mosion, MP5 with Handgrip + 30rd Mag with a chest holstered Magnum.
I've very pleased with the MP5, but admittedly I guess on paper, accounting the stats, etc, etc, AKM comes out on top.

However with my style of play it really doesn't matter what I use, if I get the drop on you a derringer will be enough.

I personally like the MP5, as I love Heckler & Koch.
But game wise, it's small, compact, decent fire rate, controlled recoil and abundant ammo.
Plus I've fired the AKM and the MP5, I find the MP5 to sound way sexier.

But by all means, please someone discredit me for enjoying the game in my own way.

which one is better and why.

is joke, no?  :|

TBH if you get the drop on someone it really doesn't matter.

Which gun is 'better' has a lot to do with you play style. if you typicly ambush at close range very high damage/ROF will serve you better then accuracy. Likewise, if you prefer to play defensively and want more stand-off being able to reliably get rounds on target at range will be more important to you.

With that said  AKM is love.. atleast for me. :)

With guns like the AKM, I feel that you need no secondary gun, it's very effective, great stopping power, accurate, ect.

The only time I would go with the MP5K would be if I was always going to be in CQC, due to hits RoF and lower recoil than the AKM.

On a sidenote: comparing a SMG to a AR and asking which is better, doesn't make sense to me lol...

This is like the weapon ranking thread on New Player. But it's rock, paper, scissors.

Within 5 meters, the MP5 might, just, be better. But as an all-rounder the AKM wins hands down.

And actually there are many stories about those weedy 9mm rounds not doing what they're supposed to - even at close range. Not many similar stories about 7.62x39, even including player incompetence.

Some dude got the drop on me with a mp5k in very close range after I dropped his two sniveling friends. I sprayed him down with my m4 and rocked his shit. But I think there was some lag and maybe he only had 15-round mag.

It is possible to do a 50m kill with an MPK5 with RV1 sights.

If the guy is standing still.

I have hands in an MP5K at the moment. I can say that the MP5K is a good weapon, if on the right hands with a good training.

Edited by Yazar8

Crucial flaw in plan spotted :P

Well best case scenario.

You can kill a moving target aswell, might just spend too many bullets and your target would be aware whats going on.

me and my buddies havent been able to find many akms this update. found one today that someone had dropped. mp5 isnt too great. it looks cool, especially with the rdv1 red dot. but it takes up to half a mag to kill a zombie sometimes with desync and glitching.

if it came down to chosing one, the akm would win all day every day. 

but if you were smart, youd put it in your backpack and stack them so you can hold massive amounts of loot ;D

If you were smart you'd realise the topic is Mp5k vs AKSU not an Akm (duh it hits harder )

I'm currently rockin' a kit of consisting of: Fully Kited Mosion, MP5 with Handgrip + 30rd Mag with a chest holstered Magnum.

I've very pleased with the MP5, but admittedly I guess on paper, accounting the stats, etc, etc, AKM comes out on top.

However with my style of play it really doesn't matter what I use, if I get the drop on you a derringer will be enough.

I personally like the MP5, as I love Heckler & Koch.

But game wise, it's small, compact, decent fire rate, controlled recoil and abundant ammo.

Plus I've fired the AKM and the MP5, I find the MP5 to sound way sexier.

But by all means, please someone discredit me for enjoying the game in my own way.

Not going to discredit, But going to ask how you fit an Akm in your backpack and a mosin...  This is like the whole "Smersh Vest - Smersh Backpack" confusion.

AKM and AKS-74U are not the same thing.

Not going to discredit, But going to ask how you fit an Akm in your backpack and a mosin...  This is like the whole "Smersh Vest - Smersh Backpack" confusion.

AKM and AKS-74U are not the same thing.

I think you've misread my post, as no point did I say or imply I've got both a Mosin and an AKM.

I have the Mosion on my back, MP5 in Backpack, Magnum in Chest Holster.

MP5K = good for FISHING (Fighting In Someone's House)

AKM = good for killing anything man-sized out to 300 metres.

If you were smart you'd realise the topic is Mp5k vs AKSU not an Akm (duh it hits harder )

if you were smart you'd realise the topic is MP5K vs AKM.

so go back and read the title man