Shrub Rocketeer ™

price is incresed

People are stupid...

this damm game even if it costs a Little bit more offers more Entertainment even at the current state than most polished year after year Fastfood titles.

People are stupid...

I remember a Scrooge McDuck comic that had the same scenario.

And It IS bullshit in my opinion.

I know about the price increase, i got the standalone on the first day because i know i would enjoy it, so the whole price increase doesn't affect me at all. But i can agree that this is a dick move from Rocket.

These would be acceptable moves for the price increase:

• Keep the old price during the sale and add the 15% discount. Increase the price after the sale.
  • Keep the old price during the sale and don't put the game on sale. Increase the price after the sale.

In a way, the 2nd option is currently used, but instead, the price is already increased and it has SALE SALE SALE plastered all over it. 

This is blatantly MISLEADING.

Transition period my ass

If they don't lower the price after the sale I don't see anything bad about what they now did. It's very clever move and every uninformed soul should see when the price change happens.

Five dollars or, for us european players, 4 euro is not really that much. No problem about the idea of a price hike, as I said, it's obvious that a product is going sooner or later to cost more and more - especially if it's popular...besides that, being a player I've already purchased the product so who cares. But increasing the price and then discounting it to the previous price tag just to announce there will be a "true" a price hike in the future is...naive at best. Like, amateurish naive.

The only thing a lot of people not following the development will see is a discount. And some of those people will buy the product not knowing the sale discount is basically a way to make a point about future price hikes...this (understandeably) got under the skin of a lot of people. It's not really an honest way to attract customers, even if it was done with the best intentions.

EDIT:

If they don't lower the price after the sale I don't see anything bad about what they now did. It's very clever move and every uninformed soul should see when the price change happens.

As it was said, they increased the price and then applied a "sale discount" reverting the price to its original level. New customers will see an inflated "fake" price discounted, and could buy DayZ thinking they got a good deal...while in reality the inflated price is not the real one, and the discounted one is in reality the true price of the game. That's misleading, as I said...even if it was planned with best inentions.

Either you discount the original price or you increase it and then discount it MUCH later. Also, if you want to announce a price hike, you use press releases/interviews/social media and other PR tools. Rising the price of your product and then immediately discount it to the original price tag is not...well, an efficient way to communicate with your customers about pricing issues.

Edited by DocWolf

Perhaps it part of the hacker reduction scheme as they're known to burn through accounts on a monthly basis depending on how quickly battleye responds to the latest cheats.

I don't have any problem with the price increase - it was announced and makes sense from a development point of view: early stages got less features and more issues and by increasing the price there is also more motivation for the developers to improve the game as later purchases will bring more money.

What I do not like is putting an Early Access Alpha on sale in Steam. Its not a finished game and the price is more of a donation to development. Putting it on sale is like tricking people into buying it which only results in people ending up complaining about having bought an unfinished game because it was on sale. Sales should be limited to finished games in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hello there

I personally think that the whole issue has to be kept in context. Its not as if theyve suddenly announced an ingame pay to win store or lazer sharks.

The price has gone up as was well publicised and to soften the blow theres a lil sale on. Not much of one I agree.

Could it have been handled a tiny bit better? probably. Is it the apocalypse? no.

I dont see what the fuss is about, but then again folk will think im biased.

The trouble is, whatever "we" do there will always be those who will want to make an issue out of it.

Its a Kobayashi Maru situation. And unfortunately, although im amazing, im no Kirk.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I seriously am just gonna delete my Reddit account too just like Rocket over this unnecessary shit slinging because people didn't like that they "really" didn't do a sale.

tumblr_inline_nerrjaxjE11rlvoy9.gif

How is this a bad thing???? I dont get it.

They increase the price, like they have said since the very beginning (We ALL knew this, and if you didnt, you havent been following development), and then at the same time they give you a discount on the new price, so everyone who doesnt want to pay more, still has a chance of getting the game, for the same price as we did in december.

This is a smart move and it benefits the people who havent bought it yet, because it acts as a warning of the price increase. A very visual warning.

Not to mention, that most of the people who "rage" over this, has most likely already bought the game, so it does not affect them in any way, and who ever hasnt bought it yet, should be happy that they can still get it for the same VERY LOW price.

• Like 1

How is this a bad thing???? I dont get it.

They increase the price, like they have said since the very beginning (We ALL knew this, and if you didnt, you havent been following development), and then at the same time they give you a discount on the new price, so everyone who doesnt want to pay more, still has a chance of getting the game, for the same price as we did in december.

This is a smart move and it benefits the people who havent bought it yet, because it acts as a warning of the price increase. A very visual warning.

Not to mention, that most of the people who "rage" over this, has most likely already bought the game, so it does not affect them in any way, and who ever hasnt bought it yet, should be happy that they can still get it for the same VERY LOW price.

Why do you always make good, intelligent, and sound comments? You're greatness is too much. xD

• Like 1

Why do you always make good, intelligent, and sound comments? You're greatness is too much. xD

In my world its just simple logic :P

Anyone remember "Cangate"?

L

• Like 1

In my world its just simple logic :P

I am sure most people on the internet don't like people with logic. xD Better stay away from Reddit. :3

L

Cant say that i do :)

I am sure most people on the internet don't like people with logic. xD Better stay away from Reddit. :3

Ohh yeh, i never go to reddit.

Its been proven that your IQ will drop by at least 95%, once you create an account.... :P

Edited by Byrgesen

L

No, I cannot remember Cangate. :(

Cant say that i do :)

Ohh yeh, i never go to reddit.

Its been proven that your IQ will drop by at least 95%, once you create an account.... :P

......Does that mean my IQ has dropped then? :|

.....Does that mean my IQ has dropped then? :|

If you have deleted the account, your IQ will instantly go back to "normal", what ever that is. :P

I salute the poor sods, who manage to crawl back out of the hellfire pit, that is Reddit!

If you have deleted the account, your IQ will instantly go back to "normal", what ever that is. :P

I salute the poor sods, who manage to crawl back out of the hellfire pit, that is Reddit!

But...but...I have some saved up posts that I like. :| The pitfire that is Reddit, is hard to climb out of. x3

• Like 1

How is this a bad thing???? I dont get it

Sorry to be harsh, but the fact you can't understand this is not an honest business strategy does not make it legit.

They increase the price, like they have said since the very beginning (We ALL knew this, and if you didnt, you havent been following development), and then at the same time they give you a discount on the new price, so everyone who doesnt want to pay more, still has a chance of getting the game, for the same price as we did in december

The problem is quite simple: people will see a certain high price discounted to a lower one and will think "hey, it's a good deal, let's buy it and try the game"...they will not know that the "discounted" price is simply the original one. That's a very debatable way to increase sale volume - and I'm really crancking up the understatement here.

No-one here is raging or making it a fuss. Personally, I think that's a very naive PR move - something like the #askJPM fiasco J.P. Morgan managed to create some time ago. No doubt Bohemia intended it to be a "visual", as you say, way to remind people the game is going to be pricey in the future...but they botched it, creating what many perceived as a dishonest marketing move. Misleading a customer is never a good strategy obviously...but looking like you want to mislead your customers is exactly the same thing. And they did exactly that.

Edited by DocWolf

AHH this cangate lol, thought you ment CANgate  :P

Yeh i remember it very well, what a shame it was.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Sorry to be harsh, but the fact you can't understand this is not an honest business strategy does not make it legit.

The problem is quite simple: people will see a certain high price discounted to a lower one and will think "hey, it's a good deal, let's buy it and try the game"...they will not know that the "discounted" price is simply the original one. That's a very debatable way to increase sale volume - and I'm really crancking up the understatement here.

No-one here is raging or making it a fuss. Personally, I think that's a very naive PR move - something like the #askJPM fiasco of some time ago. No doubt they intended it to be a "visual", as you say, way to remind people the game is going to be costly in the future...but they botched it, creating what many perceived as a dishonest marketing move. Misleading a customer is never a good strategy obviously...but looking like you want to mislead your customers is exactly the same thing. And they did exactly that.

Theres nothing dishonest about the way they did it, its all out there, in the open, and BI cant be blamed for people not doing research before spending money. Those who will buy the game, without researching the price and game, will buy any game, without doing some research on it.

But the people who are interested in DayZ, are already looking at it, and have been for some time, so this "price stunt" should only come as a shock to people who have never ever heard of DayZ before. And since the price is the same, they still have a chance of getting the game, for the same price as we did, back in december.

This is no misleading, at all. You make it sound like gamers are dumb cattle who cant think for them selves, when it could not be farther from the truth.

As far as i see it, its not a stunt to increase sales volume, they already sold WAY more then they could have ever dreamed of. Its a brilliant way of warning people of a price increase and, at the same time, give them the option to still buy it, at the same price as it started at :)

People who call it "shady" are reading way to much into it. Its the same price, it doesnt take a MENSA genius to see that, and we all knew it would increase over time. They are giving you a window of opportunity, to buy the game, at the VERY low price, before it jumps up.

:facepalm:

Yes yes...... I know horsie, i went and fucked up lol!!

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 3

Hahahaha people really do love to moan about anything you knew it was an alpha early access game and what that ment. you had a choice to buy it or not that was down to you no one forced you to buy it or not. the people that did buy it did so under the understanding of the alpha but had faith or just wanted to see what it was about me myself have full faith in the game and developers and what this game can and is going to be. if you dont like it then go play mind craft or something. lol

time to send the message from the command center and call in back up to the start of the war.  ;)

Personally, I don't care - in Star citizen u can buy/pledge a space ship package for 15.000$   :D

Maybe Dean Hall want additional development staff members for instance - so for us who are already playing an alpha version

is not necessary bad news.

Edited by Ori42