Etherimp

Newbs, ask a vet.

Desync.

Sounds plausible. I almost ran over them more than 20 times.   :)

Sounds plausible. I almost ran over them more than 20 times.   :)

I experience things like this a lot in Arma III, and in Arma II DayZ Mod..Vehicles and players are not always in the exact same spot for everyone at the same time.. You'll notice it a lot in Arma when you drive towards a parked vehicle at a high speed, you'll see the vehicle "move" and adjust its position and it can trick you into thinking there is someone in it, when in reality the vehicle has always been in that spot, it just wasn't reporting that spot to you accurately when you were at distance.. It can happen at closer ranges too depending on how much desync there is.. Vehicles and lots of players in a small area tend to create a lot of desync.

Topic cleaned.

Keep the trolling to a minimum.

• Like 1

I experience things like this a lot in Arma III, and in Arma II DayZ Mod..Vehicles and players are not always in the exact same spot for everyone at the same time.. You'll notice it a lot in Arma when you drive towards a parked vehicle at a high speed, you'll see the vehicle "move" and adjust its position and it can trick you into thinking there is someone in it, when in reality the vehicle has always been in that spot, it just wasn't reporting that spot to you accurately when you were at distance.. It can happen at closer ranges too depending on how much desync there is.. Vehicles and lots of players in a small area tend to create a lot of desync.

So this is the same as in the SA. Thanks for the answer. I wondered, because everything else seems fine and lag is significantly lower than in the SA.

So this is the same as in the SA. Thanks for the answer. I wondered, because everything else seems fine and lag is significantly lower than in the SA.

Yes.. The engines are similar enough that things like that operate pretty much the same way.. (As far as I know, I'm no coder).

If you have a lot of people, action, movement, and items in your "network bubble", you'll get a lot of desync and it can create....unpredictable results.

As a DayZ Veteran, what new feature do you think they'll introduce to Standalone that the Mod lacks?

Hard to say since we have very few features now. 

Where are the tomato greenhouses in SA, which are close to East Coast spawn points?

Better with nearby water ponds? Not too many zeds may be?

(**** Those are serious questions, not a jk, nor troll)

Today I found a greenhouse on eastern outskirts of Chernaya Polana. I'm not sure about any nearby water, but I think you can fish, drink and swim in those water canals in Novo.

Today I found a greenhouse on eastern outskirts of Chernaya Polana. I'm not sure about any nearby water, but I think you can fish, drink and swim in those water canals in Novo.

Oh, thanks, Chernaya Polana perfect!

There is a water pond very close near Chernaya Polana, north-west of fire station, behind small barn, with catwalk planked footway.

You can chill, drink, cool, fish, no zeds around, unless you bring them from town.

Perfect. And now you grow tomatoes too. :thumbsup:

Edited by Paxom

How do I quickscope.

Download CS:Go?

What's the fastest way to open a beer without using your hands?

Was temperature changed recently? I find myself getting hot just running (not sprinting) with military gorka gear on. Having to keep taking off my jacket and keep it in my pants/vest the majority of the time if it isn't raining.

Do more players carry around two sets of gear? Or at least some rain gear and keep them in each other?

How do you range the distance on a long range scope? I've tried and I can't get the shots right I snipe at bandits and end up getting shot at because I keep missing. If you can help that would be highly appreciated.

my wife always delivers them opened, so i cant say...for the longest time i didnt even think beer had lids...

j/j funny question, cant wait to see what the imp comes up with

how do I determine if a server is has Persistence ?

I found a tent, will it remain even after logoff ?

what is the benefit of a tent ?

how do I fish ..  I found a fish hook, and rope ... so I guess how do I make fishing pole.

how do I find firewood ?

how do I make campfire, or start fire in building fireplace ?

thanks

Was temperature changed recently? I find myself getting hot just running (not sprinting) with military gorka gear on. Having to keep taking off my jacket and keep it in my pants/vest the majority of the time if it isn't raining.

Do more players carry around two sets of gear? Or at least some rain gear and keep them in each other?

Yes. Between .49 and .51 temperature and season have been tweaked and changed around considerably.

I would recommend carrying 1 waterproof set of clothing. (Gorka, raincoat, etc) and 1 light shirt (check shirts, tactical shirts, etc)

Wool coats and such are heavy and warm but not water resistant, and wetness is one of the major ways you'll get cold.

Tell your bartender/wife/girlfriend to pour it in a glass for you. (Someone else beat me to it)

How do you range the distance on a long range scope? I've tried and I can't get the shots right I snipe at bandits and end up getting shot at because I keep missing. If you can help that would be highly appreciated.

1. Rangefinders + battery

*2. Map + string + knowing where you are.

3. Dayzdb.com has a simple range finding tool. Personally I do not use it but it is simpler than method 2 which I will explain.

*- find map.

Find where you are on map (point a)

Find where you which to shoot on map (point b)

Hold a length of string from point a to point b, placing your thumbs at each point.

Move the string so point a thumb is at the cross of 4 gridpoints.

Hold the rest of the length along that axis and count the grids between point a and b. Every grid is 100 meters (when zoomed in)

If you get approximately 430, for example, then set zero to 400 and aim slightly over head. If you get 480, set to 500 and aim at chest.

You can also just eye it on the map without using the string method. Every square is 100 meters. From corner to opposite corner diagnolly is ~135 meters.

how do I determine if a server is has Persistence ?

I found a tent, will it remain even after logoff ?

what is the benefit of a tent ?

how do I fish .. I found a fish hook, and rope ... so I guess how do I make fishing pole.

how do I find firewood ?

how do I make campfire, or start fire in building fireplace ?

thanks

Most servers should be persisting now afiak.

Yes, tents should persist after you log.

Benefit of a tent is a large amount of storage space that will not be cleaned up (ie-deleted from server once persistence is more fleshed out.)

Fishing = ashwood stick + rope = fishing pole

Fishing pole + hook = fishing pole w hook

Shovel or hoe on dirt/grass = worms

Fishing pole with hook + worms = baited fishing pole

Take baited fishing pole to water (ponds) and scroll to get option to fish.

When you see the prompt say you have something then scroll and select "check line"

I forget all the exact verbiage but its pretty self explanatory.

Get firewood by using an axe on a tree or bush.

Edited by Etherimp

I just leave my gorka gear on and take a dip in a pond. Cools you off quite well and the water does not damage your gear. (yet)

Barring experience, you don't really. No mil-dots or range guides on that scope. You can use the in game steam browser, call up the dayzDB map and use their range tool, or find a rangefinder + battery to do it in game.