Heatofbattle

Next Vehicle

What vehicle do YOU want next?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What Vehicle do you want after V3S in Dayz?

Landrover please.

Pick up truck of course. Ol Toyota pick up

Land Rover Defender!

Oh no wait....were in the Armaverse.....Hand Over Offender plz :)

Dat one :)

I agree, we need a civilian type of rugged truck/suv. Although I wouldn't expect to find any kind of American-made Jeeps in Chenarus. If you look overseas, specifically in Europe, most rugged expedition style vehicles you find are Land Rovers or Toyotas. A pickup would have great utility and cargo space, a 4 seater SUV would be perfect for hauling a small group. 

My personal suggestions would be an old, dented, beat up, rusty Toyota Pickup/Hilux or Landcruiser. I also agree with the person who suggested the vehicles should have mismatched paint. White body with a blue hood, mismatched doors, a gray fender is realistic. Devs could also offer more spraypaint colors allowing us to spraypaint each panel to match the paint.

db591a1ddce5ed443996811a049643c4.png

carman11.jpg

Please tell me the rideable llama thing is a throwback to UO because <3

I do think in terms of development purposes, either horses/boats/helicopters/planes should be next.  As any one of those will behave much differently than a wheeled vehicle.  I don't see a whole lot of purpose to introducing another car at the moment, and to a lesser extent a bike/motorcycle/quad.  These are all things I want in of course, but as they have demonstrated they like to try to do the most complex version of something first to establish a baseline for things to follow.

I'd be fine with air vehicles coming last, as they offer the most end game of transportation, but I do think it would be valuable to start with something like mounts or boats next.

Edited by Bororm

Any Toyota/Land Rover would be awesome. Seems the more realistic approach. If/When they add any heavier military hardware, I'd like to be able to mount(with the right parts of course) a PKM/RPK/DShK on the back of a pick up.

Honestly the Rumpo from GTA III would be my first pick. No windows of course.

Rumpo-GTA3-UnderSurveillance-front.jpg

• Like 1

Considering those wrecks everywhere, something like that. Those small offroads, transporters, maybe buses and those civilian/police cars from the seventies. And of course motor bikes for those many bike helmets.

Imagine driving a police car through the streets of Chernogorsk, sirens blazing, giving tickets to freshspawns, dodging bandit snipers... It's too beautiful for-BAM...You are dead.

I want motorcycles. That'd be awesome to have one of those swaggy Soviet military bikes.

I'd want bikes, ATVs, motorbikes, stuff like that. A lot more feasible that they would be around. But whenever vehicles get added, and baricading, you can see where I'm going:

461UpArmouredHilux5finGB.jpg

• Like 1

Please be a skoda....

eRrxBIR.jpg

They need to add at least one iconic car from the mod :)

oh, and this.....

d-bomb-wheels-render-46343141.jpg

Edited by Jexter

Land Rover Defender!

Oh no wait....were in the Armaverse.....Hand Over Offender plz :)

Dat one :)

Wasn't that one pretty lame on grass though?

I remember these being far superior.

7KQ2wRt.jpg

• Like 1

Wasn't that one pretty lame on grass though?

I remember these being far superior.

7KQ2wRt.jpg

Yep the, maybe poorly named, "offroad" wasn't quite as good as the UAZ. A friend has an ex mill landy for offroading, and we have had some great fun in it so they will always be my fave.....but lets have both! :)

UAZ was a slightly smaller target aswell lol

• Like 1

Yep the, maybe poorly named, "offroad" wasn't quite as good as the UAZ. A friend has an ex mill landy for offroading, and we have had some great fun in it so they will always be my fave.....but lets have both!  :)

UAZ was a slightly smaller target aswell lol

I damn loved the camo'ed UAZ. But I also liked "Offenders" and wished for them to be atleast as fast as UAZ on many occasions.

But yes, both should be implemented. They are classy!

Voted for horses. No need for fuel, quite and if you ever find yourself dieing of starvation, well... perhaps eat it :)

Voted for horses. No need for fuel, quite and if you ever find yourself dieing of starvation, well... perhaps eat it :)

Have you ever ridden a horse?

In order to actually have a horse undertake serious work (AKA carry a rider, as well as tackle and bridle, etc), they need to be fed a diet concentrated in energy; oats, wheat, corn, etc. Not just grass. You also need to be trained in how to ride them, how to have them maneuver across different types of terrain, how to maintain the tack, how to recognize when they are injured, etc etc etc.

Horses are HORRIBLE for survival travel. In all seriousness, you are better off using a bicycle, either pedal or motor-powered. They are common, efficient, easy to repair (take parts from other cycles), easy to fuel ( AKA YOU, or scavenged gas or diesel, or jury rig an ethanol-diesel engine, which is stupid-easy), and easy to ride.

We invented motors and interchangeable parts for a REASON, folks. One of them is the fact that motors are more efficient for the long haul. Most outdoorsy folk around where I live use ATV's, dirtbikes, etc, rather than horses. And the landscape of Chernarus, with the exception of the open plains near Vybor, are unsuitable for horses, and these plains were probably for cattle than horses.

I'll just leave this here:

"You cannot gallop them for hours. They’ll collapse. The best way to make time in the saddle is to alternate paces, and have a remount or two trailing behind, and allow the animals reasonable rest. Don’t let your steed eat or drink indiscriminately; it’s likely to bloat and become helpless. In fact, it’s a rather fragile creature, requiring close attention—for example, rubdowns after hard exertion—if it isn’t to fall sick and perhaps die on you. It’s also lazy, stupid, and sometimes malicious."

None of the above. I'd like a UAZ jeep.

Have you ever ridden a horse?

In order to actually have a horse undertake serious work (AKA carry a rider, as well as tackle and bridle, etc), they need to be fed a diet concentrated in energy; oats, wheat, corn, etc. Not just grass. You also need to be trained in how to ride them, how to have them maneuver across different types of terrain, how to maintain the tack, how to recognize when they are injured, etc etc etc.

Horses are HORRIBLE for survival travel. In all seriousness, you are better off using a bicycle, either pedal or motor-powered. They are common, efficient, easy to repair (take parts from other cycles), easy to fuel ( AKA YOU, or scavenged gas or diesel, or jury rig an ethanol-diesel engine, which is stupid-easy), and easy to ride.

We invented motors and interchangeable parts for a REASON, folks. One of them is the fact that motors are more efficient for the long haul. Most outdoorsy folk around where I live use ATV's, dirtbikes, etc, rather than horses. And the landscape of Chernarus, with the exception of the open plains near Vybor, are unsuitable for horses, and these plains were probably for cattle than horses.

I'll just leave this here:

"You cannot gallop them for hours. They’ll collapse. The best way to make time in the saddle is to alternate paces, and have a remount or two trailing behind, and allow the animals reasonable rest. Don’t let your steed eat or drink indiscriminately; it’s likely to bloat and become helpless. In fact, it’s a rather fragile creature, requiring close attention—for example, rubdowns after hard exertion—if it isn’t to fall sick and perhaps die on you. It’s also lazy, stupid, and sometimes malicious."

Poul Anderson, On Thud and Blunderexternal_link.gif

While I agree with you I doubt they would go way over with realism that half of these mentioned problems wouldn't matter ingame, thats the reason I voted for them.

While I agree with you I doubt they would go way over with realism that half of these mentioned problems wouldn't matter ingame, thats the reason I voted for them.

They should. This is a game that prides itself on "realism" when possible, and "authenticity" when not.