Sign in to follow this  
Osprey98

best common looting gun.

SKS is and has been my favorite gun.

cant find ammo for sks so its down to repeater, shotty and sporter

I like the sporter alot

the sporter will one shot a guy in the head, if they are wearing no head protection...

ok so its down to the repeater and the sporter. I have a 10 rounder and a 30 rounder (full) for the sporter but I have 50 rounds for the repeater. how many body shots are needed to kill a player with the sporter 22 or the repeater?

I dont have any numbers, but a sporter will always need more body shots to be lethal. .22 isn't a really powerful caliber. BUT if you have a 30 rnd Mag, the rate of fire of the sporter is much much higher than the one of the repeater. On the other hand, the repeater has a higher range. It's really down to preference. If i would be in a bigger city like Novo or Elektro, i would go with the sporter because i can gun down my enemy with rapid fire on short range, if i would be going inland scavenging the towns i would pick the repeater as it has more effective mid-range power.

I personally always loved the SKS. It is an internal fed rifle with enough power on low to mid ranges and a decent rate of fire. Sadly, 7.62x39mm gets rarer and rarer on Experimental, i think its even a military only spawn now, so i have to find my new gunbuddy as well, as i normally avoid military zones.

Edited by ChainReactor

ok so now im thinking mp 133 or sporter since they are both cqc friendly and ammo is fairly common.

I used to find 762 ammo everywhere in the bigger towns in .45 on up til .49 or something

I think if there were more guns, ammo, food and other loot this game would be soo much more fun and less frustrating. people wouldn't be forced to server hop.

people wouldn't be forced to server hop.

People are not forced to servers hop and there is far too much loot - epsecially military loot. And even if there was even more people would still do it because its massively overpowered compared to using ingame paths (that take longer than only one minute and you might get shot). The only solution here is a fix to server hopping - a high cost to (excessive) switching - as it already massively fucks up the gameplay.

Not to mention that by hopping you miss most of the gameplay and by finding everything you need in your spawn city you have nothing left to do on your travels.

AS-50 .............Oh wait this is stand alone........357 magnum all the way :thumbsup:  :D

I think if there were more guns, ammo, food and other loot this game would be soo much more fun and less frustrating. people wouldn't be forced to server hop.

Ugh.

Pump shotgun is more forgiving than the sporter. Killing a charging and weaving assailant with a sporter takes some skill. You'll need to land 5+ shots to kill someone wearing a pristine jacket and vest/holster. If they have a shotgun and you don't land those shots in time, they'll put you down while you're scrambling to reload or relocate.

Pump shotgun takes one shot to the neck to put them down. Notice that I said neck and not head. The spread of the shotgun makes landing headshots much easier when you're panicking to get a quick shot off. Or, if you seriously panic (like I often do), a blast to the legs followed by a quick charge past them will leave them immobilized and unable to quickly shoot back (assuming you're behind them).

If you like shooting zombies though, the .22 will get you into less trouble in high traffic areas. It's quiet and you'll never run out of ammo.

• Like 1

I like the SKS, sometimes when I'm in high risk areas I'll complement it with a Magnum and/or sawn-off shotgun.

I'm also not above carrying a Sporter around, if I can find some clips or a magazine. It really is a good stealth weapon.

Here is the reason that epoch and the like were so popular. Not many people want an actual survival apoc game , they want a PvP game with mmo style looting with zeds in the background because thats cool .

i enjoy the SKS as a go to, easy to find weapon, and if you go through every building at a base you're sure to find at least a 20 round box of 762x39 or some loose rounds.

but when i first spawn i almost always pick up the mp133 now. its a great weapon, sadly though, i have a mosin on my back so i had to drop it for the rossi when i found it, i just couldnt pass it up!

if i found more repeaters i'd use them most often, they have decent recoil and very common ammo. but i have only found 5, all today on one server at the NWAF.

here's the order of my favorite weapons, civilian side, of course.

Mosin>MP133>Repeater>SKS

sks last because its only good in CQ without a psu scope

Surprised so many are advocating the shotgun. Sure, it can pack a punch close range, and yes ammo is plentiful and easy to find, but that fucker is loud. Discharge that in a city on a populated server and you can expect a few visitors; both of zombies but more other players, and these players are not only going to have a good idea where you are due to it's sound but also that the shotgun is most likely going to be the gun you'll have in hand.

My reaction after firing a shotgun in a city..

giphy.gif

Edited by ricp
  • Like 2

I found 250 rounds for the sporter and 10 rounds for the mp133 and I have 2 clips for the sporter so the sporter it is. its a 3 hit kill for body shots on a zombie and 1 to 2 hits for a head shot. also its the only gun in this game I have handled in real life. I found 2 clips in the police station and 5 boxes of ammo in a large town and the gun in the piano house.

IMO if yourt using a gun for Looting/foraging around a city your doing it wrong. draws way to much atention.

With that in mind, i normally carry a full auto for close encounters and a mosin for ranged work. zombies whould be mele'd or avoided.

Can't believe everyone overlooks the Blaze95. Readily available ammo. No magazine required. Super accurate. Always my weapon of choice until I get a Mosin. Can drop people easily at 300M.

• Like 1

Can't believe everyone overlooks the Blaze95. Readily available ammo. No magazine required. Super accurate. Always my weapon of choice until I get a Mosin. Can drop people easily at 300M.

In my opinion, the Blaze 95 is literally the most efficient longarm in the game. Powerful, common ammunition, amazing accuracy out to 300m (unless you are a sniper, you will never be making shots past that. In fact, most combat happens within 50m). If they do get close, you can give em both barrels, like a rifle-shotgun. Amazing iron sights, which also glow in the dark. 

The only reason I prefer the Repeaters is for ease-of-logistics, as the Repeater and the Revolver use the same ammunition. Other than that, unless I already have a Repeater and a Revolver on me, I will take the Blaze every time.

Nobody mention Longhorn as a useful thing to keep in your backpack  ?? ... it nicely fills in the spaces in a variety of different primary/secondary weapons choices  ..

Longhorn and fireaxe, two good things to have.  Any choice of weapon rifle/handgun you find easily plus a Longhorn, and axe, box of matches, knife and a stone.. and you're a free man..

For any other weapons - revolver or SKS or shotgun, whatever.. how many rounds do you need?

If I have a loaded SKS and one space holding maybe 12 rounds, I'm OK, - Same with a loaded pump, one storage-space of rounds.. 5 in the gun and maybe 10 in your pocket.. and you're ok for the day..  isn't that right?

xx