Sign in to follow this  
Dagwood

Weapon cleaning kits are not useless!

Long story short, I was wielding an AKM and carrying an AK74U in my high cap vest for a buddy. He died investigating a firefight we thought we saw go down in the NWAF atc. I gave the murderer a warning that I would murder him if he didn't come out with his weapon dropped. Of course he didn't comply, so I gunned him down, and took some sks rounds all over my body for my effort.

Point is, I was able to repair my AK74U from badly damaged to worn. TWICE! After that gunfight I got silently blasted in the chest again and was able to repair my badly damaged AK74U again. Don't underestimate the weapon cleaning kit.

I wouldn't but they're literally everywhere, why carry what is in abundance on the ground? :P

• Like 1

Pfffft. It's simple. I either don't get shot, and live with a pristine gun. Or I get shot once and die, with a ruined gun. Ether way, the cleaning kit isn't a factor for me. :P

I wouldn't but they're literally everywhere, why carry what is in abundance on the ground? :P

pfft. Have you played this game? As soon as you need it there won't be a weapon cleaning kit in all Chernarus.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 2

Idk I thought it was pretty cool to use an abundant item I'd never had a need for before...

• Like 1

i too like to see more use of this tool.

Especialy to get ridd off the spraypaint some derrelict puts on a perfectly fine mosin.

I've never seen a gun that's been in a state between worn and ruined.

• Like 1

I've seen plenty of gun attachments that are less than pristine. But that's no use as nothing can fix attachments afaik.

I think it should be designed for repairing not only gun itself but also its attachments.

• Like 1

I wish it worked on the fire axe. Since getting a tent and doing more hunting and cooking my axe has degraded at a quick pace. How hard would it be to sharpen an axe or replace the handle?

pfft. Have you played this game? As soon as you need it there won't be a weapon cleaning kit in all Chernarus.

Same with shoes. Spent the evening finding boots everywhere. Forgot to keep an eye on what I was wearing, my boots got ruined, feet started to hurt so ran around trying to find anything. Nothing. Leg broke and I died.

• Like 1

I fell down some stairs the other day, while as a relative newspawn carrying a magnum in my cargo pants. My pants and boots was ruined, but the gun was only badly damaged. I just went into the nearest house and found the ever present weapon cleaning kit and presto one worn magnum.

I am not sure whether a badly damaged gun has any negative effects other than being that much closer to ruined, though.

Where are you guys finding this kit? I remember seeing them all over prior to 0.52 and now I can't find one.

Slightly different but still on topic.... I sware I was able to use duct tape to reinforce my high capacity vest (that's what the message said I was doing) but haven't been able to do it again for some reason... But I have used a leather repair kit to repair boots, vests and back packs.

I'm in that group of folks who sprints through the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere and trips on a gun cleaning kit... I have to push gun cleaning kits aside to get at cans of peaches. Meanwhile I've seen 1 can opener in 3 days, 20 rounds of 7.62 ammo and no magazines- ever. 

Meanwhile I could out-sew a battalion of grandmothers on machines from all the sewing kits, put a master gunsmith to shame with the weapon cleaning kits in abundance and I could stand in as the stunt double for the gluttony victim in the movie Seven after having been force fed all the canned spaghetti / peaches I find in 1 small town. 

Edited by ENO75

I wish it worked on the fire axe. Since getting a tent and doing more hunting and cooking my axe has degraded at a quick pace. How hard would it be to sharpen an axe or replace the handle?

Find a stone on the shore by scroll wheeling the sand , also you can pick axe your own stone from large boulders laying around , that type of stone can be used to sharpen axes from badly damaged to damaged or worn I believe .

Find a stone on the shore by scroll wheeling the sand , also you can pick axe your own stone from large boulders laying around , that type of stone can be used to sharpen axes from badly damaged to damaged or worn I believe .

are you serious? you can also find said stone near ponds. i was spamming drink water and i got the message "you found something" and it was a rock