Sign in to follow this  
killerbyte12

duping is out of control

So... Bitch about duping, then post screenshots of all you guys grabbing duped gear to use...

I know there's not a lot of options to get rid of stuff, but I don't see how you can bitch about duping then use said items yourself.

What about accidental dupes? Permanent bans = No no. Deletion of 'duped' items once identified = Ye ye.

Like all things ban related they would do an investigation.

Accidental dupes would lead to fast fixes since they should theoretically be alerted immediately when something is duplicated.

Accidental dupes would lead to fast fixes since they should theoretically be alerted immediately when something is duplicated.

Investigations? I doubt it. People have always got false-banned.

Handing out bans for 'duping' is silly, just automatically remove glitched in / duped in items. Accidents have happened and not everyone will be recording to have evidence of their 'innocence' against almighty BattleEye.

I swear that crack must be free today.....

There is little to investigate into any bans if its hacking,the codes they get if its known cant be wrong...

Ive seen other anti-cheats reverse a ban session only because they can replicate the said ban with any of hundreds of programs which are innocent programs...

But the ban wave was legit,so as to investigations into bans there not many that come up..

The reason i say this because a SS was taken of a player and the coders name turned up on the SS,it in itself was a glitch with there hack...

But,there was a program which triggered the banwave to begin with...

Go figure.....

The said coder has a little bit to do with Dayz hacks as well..

So... Bitch about duping, then post screenshots of all you guys grabbing duped gear to use...

I know there's not a lot of options to get rid of stuff, but I don't see how you can bitch about duping then use said items yourself.

You try PvP-ing against everyone who is duping. ALL of our stuff is off player kills, and all the PvP based players are currently dupers. Australia = small gaming community, dupers start to get a foot hold, dupers explode in numbers, everyone gets dupers gear.

Go PvP in Cherno or Elektro, be fresh/partially geared have a buddy kill them and then not pick up all the gear that was on the guy. Especially when they have rare shit which you haven't seen for ages, or high caps full of grenades. Grenades = Fun. Fun = Game. Dupers = Idiots who are too lazy to play the game fully.

We're against duping, but if we kill the idiots and take their stuff, that means that we at least deserve the gear.

• Like 2

You try PvP-ing against everyone who is duping. ALL of our stuff is off player kills, and all the PvP based players are currently dupers. Australia = small gaming community, dupers start to get a foot hold, dupers explode in numbers, everyone gets dupers gear.

Go PvP in Cherno or Elektro, be fresh/partially geared have a buddy kill them and then not pick up all the gear that was on the guy. Especially when they have rare shit which you haven't seen for ages, or high caps full of grenades. Grenades = Fun. Fun = Game. Dupers = Idiots who are too lazy to play the game fully.

We're against duping, but if we kill the idiots and take their stuff, that means that we at least deserve the gear.

I have killed many a duper, and you know what I do as soon as they are dead?  I hide their body.  I don't take their stuff.  If I see obviously duped gear on the ground I'm not touching it either, unless it's to throw it in the ocean or something.  It's this crazy concept called integrity.

You are using duped gear, just because you aren't doing the act of creating that gear doesn't change anything.  You are perpetuating it, circulating it.  Let's put it this way, if only one player in that group of dupers is actually duping and just handing out the gear to all the others is that ok?  No.  You're doing the same shit.  What do you think the person who kills you is going to assume you were doing when you have a high cap vest of grenades?  In all likelihood half these "dupers" you're killing fall under that same category as yourself.  As far as I'm concerned you're all fucking dupers if you're going to use the gear.

Seriously pathetic.

Go PvP in Cherno or Elektro, be fresh/partially geared have a buddy kill them and then not pick up all the gear that was on the guy.  Especially when they have rare shit which you haven't seen for ages, or high caps full of grenades. Grenades = Fun. Fun = Game.  Dupers = Idiots who are too lazy to play the game fully.

This part is incredible btw.  You do understand how incredibly idiotic this line of reasoning is right?  I mean holy shit how dumb can you be?

Edited by Bororm

I have killed many a duper, and you know what I do as soon as they are dead?  I hide their body.  I don't take their stuff.  If I see obviously duped gear on the ground I'm not touching it either, unless it's to throw it in the ocean or something.  It's this crazy concept called integrity.

You are using duped gear, just because you aren't doing the act of creating that gear doesn't change anything.  You are perpetuating it, circulating it.  Let's put it this way, if only one player in that group of dupers is actually duping and just handing out the gear to all the others is that ok?  No.  You're doing the same shit.  What do you think the person who kills you is going to assume you were doing when you have a high cap vest of grenades?  In all likelihood half these "dupers" you're killing fall under that same category as yourself.  As far as I'm concerned you're all fucking dupers if you're going to use the gear.

Seriously pathetic.

This part is incredible btw.  You do understand how incredibly idiotic this line of reasoning is right?  I mean holy shit how dumb can you be?

You can think whatever you want dude.

But I know our group, they have not duped. We have taken from their bodies after we've killed them, but we have not taken from their nests, and we have gotten rid of at least 2 of their small nests. But now since the nests are so big and contain so much loot and they add to it each and everyday, it is impossible for our group to do what you are suggesting. We hide the bodies when possible after we are done taking what we need (resupplies of ammo and grenades to hand out amoungst the group for fun and resupplying our fresh spawns with a mixture of their's and the duper's unruined gear) but since you can only hide bodies when they are on grass, it is hard to get rid of all the gear while being in a PvP hot zone.

The POINT of this Thread was to alert people that the duping has gotten OUT OF HAND, that A LOT of people now have duped M4s/grenades/etc. And that dupers and players that are not like you are running around with a lot of stuff which is not spawned legitimately to the game and that this is an increasing thing.

But lets face it, if your group was pinned in a building and you KNEW there was a duped set of gear lying on the ground, you would pick that up and shot the people, even if it was duped.

Edited by La Volpe
  • Like 1

It's not hard to pick up the millions of items that are spawning in one location and then drop them in another. The only deluded ones are the people who spread misinformation before coming to a full conclusion as it has already been pointed out that loot is spawning completely unbalanced on stable with hundreds of items in one location and none in other locations.

in most cases I would agree with you.. but come on man, give up on this one, it's plain to see it's Not a loot spawn problem with all those M4's laying there.

are you saying a group of kind hearted individuals went out of their way to drop kitted out M4s, mosins, AKs, hundreds of clips, ammo boxes, protector cases and tons of other shit in a church for the hell of it?

• Like 2

Friend just single-handedly took out 4 dupers, who were camping Veresnik. 

So much stuff it was crazy! They all had Smirsh Vest with backpack, fully kitted m4, about 5 containers, full ammo box and skull masks.

Didn't get their names unfortunately.

Did your friend eat them afterwards? How so. Can't wait to try it out next time I kill a bandit!

-snip-

Hit the nail on the head.

No matter how much proof we provide, there's the crowd that screams " Broken Loot " Without even viewing said evidence. You'd think we're either accusing them of it, or they have a guilty conscience. 

Or maybe they just want to play the problem down, like it doesn't exist, Hoping that it doesn't get fixed.

Illuminati confirmed.

It is easy to dupe, but also the loot system is broken so you can get FREE guns and other stuff in any military base practically or town, because it is laying around in regular place where the loot spawns, and thing is - there are tons of it. Not all servers, of course. But I know a few. Anyway, why go loot a shitty town when you can exit the server and come back without time-out seconds, kill your clone which is logging out and take its stuff. That's how people dupe entire characters right now. The only problem is to find a server without time-out seconds. I found one, but it gives me 30 sec time out most of the time. Technically it should be possible to log out in any server and quickly join another one, while your friend kills your logging out body. You are still alive next time you join a server (don't know why, it was fixed before) and still have your stuff.

Long story short, I will just play arma 3 for a while.

Edited by MaxRain

I don't even know why exactly people are screaming at each other in this thread like this. It's not like you're all arguing against each other, you're essentially having the same ideals.

Either way - next time make sure to stay on topic instead of going off rails like this with no real purpose.

As far as Duping itself goes: Make sure to report on the Feedback-Tracker..

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2