Butifnot

I'm old and I suck at it so I play on empty servers.

HAHA this is asome!

I think its cool your playing ya ole geezer :beans:  :thumbsup: Did you play pong back in the Day?

I'm 37 and prob one of the 1st generations to group up on video games. Me and my brother were like the kids from ET, we had BMX bikes we would ride around LOL I remember the early 80s going next store to play on my nabors atari. I was only like 7 or 8, it I remember it seemed so cool at the time. Pac Man, such a crude game, but still a blast to play even today. Donkey Kong we had on the comodore 64. Yes kids the CPU only had 64kB of ram! :o  LOL. My moms boyfreind at the time was a really into software, you know when really was a ware, a gaint floppy disk. Hey got us 100s of bootleged games, and we became the coolests kids in the naborhood. I remember we had a modem too, and our freind down the street we would call him and talk to him on his CPU....early chat.  I have been a gamer ever since. There was something magical about tech back then. War Games I watched prob 1200 times back then on VCR lol Now it almost seems too easy.

When I'm your age and even older I will still play video games, because its just what I do! You should get an ole geezer clan going. I'll join, I'll be your window into the  hipster world hahahahaha. You must understand your enemy my freind, your playing against hipsters I tells you. There trying to take over the world with puure irony alone!

When you can say you've installed games from cassette you know you're aging B)   I never had an Atari of Commodore but instead used a TRS-80.  Good 'ol Tandy computers.  

• Like 1

When you can say you've installed games from cassette you know you're aging B)   I never had an Atari of Commodore but instead used a TRS-80.  Good 'ol Tandy computers.  

I still have 2 commodores but have not even pluged them in, in quite a long time. I do remember the tapes, when I was a kid we were lucky and were given 2 floppy disk drives, that worked together. I never got a chance to use a tape machine. I do remember the tandys, that was back when radio shack was the coolest electronic store on earth! They had all the good stuff!

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

My colleaques wanted to get ridd of the old tech we have on display. This starts from stamped cards and i have have colleages whom "put tape on bits" to correct functions...( if you ever have the chance to work with the old folks...* i work in a univeristy environment now, i hated the commercial sector* squeeze them !!! they love that )

this ranges from abacus, stampcards..atari/c64 to eastern german calculators  to russian control panels ( we call it the "doom switch" ) and whatnot...

go figure :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

My colleaques wanted to get ridd of the old tech we have on display. This starts from stamped cards and i have have colleages whom "put tape on bits" to correct functions...

this ranges from atari/c64 to eastern german calculators  to russian control panels ( we call it the "doom switch" ) and whatnot...

go figure :D

Comodores and old Ataris I would say if they want to through them out, take them. Those are classics, and you sell them on E-Bay or keep them for your self. Don't let them just through them out LOL

Comodores and old Ataris I would say if they want to through them out, take them. Those are classics, and you sell them on E-Bay or keep them for your self. Don't let them just through them out LOL

Nah :D I preserved most of it. Was one of the most vocal ones to keep the old old...Its still on display. They liked that one of the "younglings" showing interest in the old ways and frankly it teached me alot.. :)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Take those things, rip the guts out and modify them into a new computer :D.

This guy did it with a Sega Genesis.  

genesis.jpg

• Like 2

I was talking to a freind of mine a couple weeks ago and we had a really interesting conversation about games. He said something interesting that was really pretty true. The thing that made older games seem so much more magical is the forced you to use your imagination. Now days games are so off the charts, nothing is left up to the imagination.

• Like 1

I'm 39 on monday and my ownage of consoles/computers goes like this:

spectrum 48k

sega master system

-few years break for early 90s raving :P

Nintendo 64

Dreamcast

PC

Filter [MCY] GayBar

We are from uk. We are old. At the minute have an open private shard. If we get enough interest we will up the slots and whitelist. Persistance is off at the minute as it's not working, but eventually we hope to get a nice community that enjoys surviving. We mostly try and talk first, but on a Saturday night with a few bevvies people get twitchy...come and join us as we are shit too :)

Small vid showing a typical night.

Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2g1rhwTLcix6bVqDx8iNdA

Pretty nice server you got there m8, I`ll continue to do some killing there  B)

Edited by MCYRichard

I'm 34. Age doesn't have to ruin your gaming. Been a gamer since my dad brought home one of the first calico vision consoles. (Had an Atari also.. And a commodore 64)

• Like 2

Hello,

I had a brand new ZX-Spectrum, bought copied cassettes on the flea market.

My first and perhaps still best multiplayer experience was around '89, when I got to play Wizard of Wor with an older neighbour boy on his Commodore 64, with two joysticks, on a small TV screen. It is a cooperative tactical shooter. :)

Edited by Rico Heart
  • Like 1

I'm 49 and remember when the top computer upgrade was a 48K RAM pack that hung precariously off the back of my Spectrum's motherboard.

Lone woodland hermit that only ventures near towns for medical supplies when injured is my normal play style, but I haven't fired up the SA for a while as I got frustrated with rubber-banding and teleporting zombies.

I'm 49 and remember when the top computer upgrade was a 48K RAM pack that hung precariously off the back of my Spectrum's motherboard.

Lone woodland hermit that only ventures near towns for medical supplies when injured is my normal play style, but I haven't fired up the SA for a while as I got frustrated with rubber-banding and teleporting zombies.

Was this before Apple by any chance? lol

You guys make me feel young (33) :D. Anyways, if a server "for old men" ever comes up, I'd love to hop on!

• Like 1

Well, OK, you guys have convinced me. I'm gonna start playing on hi pop servers again. I hope I don't blow my foot off!

• Like 1

You guys make me feel young (33) :D. Anyways, if a server "for old men" ever comes up, I'd love to hop on!

Not if. It's going to happen, Jan. 2015! It's going to be called "DayZ Old Timers".

• Like 1

I play the same way, but not a fan of empty servers,  I like to have some danger so a 10 person is good.  If everyone else logs I wont log, but I do prefer some edge to it.

When they get the vehicles moving it will be cool again, I am not interested in them but they give the bad guys something to focus on and you can see the thing coming for a way so it adds allot of excitement.

I will be 50 soon.

My first computer was the Apple II+ and I remember helping my dad install the memory upgrade from 16k to 32k by swapping out the eproms. I actually wrote my first computer program on that computer before I was in kindergarten, A rocket ship with my name on it that moved up the screen. For consoles we had the intellivision and atari. I have had many more computers and consoles since then.

Not if. It's going to happen, Jan. 2015! It's going to be called "DayZ Old Timers".

I prefer Old Man's War as a title

My first computer was a ZX81 and as it was inherited from my techno geek uncle of the time it came with a 64k RAM pack, almost doubled the size of the computer.

When the server comes online shoot me a pm please, at the moment i play mainly on the lower pop exp servers, but would switch to stable for a great community as this sounds like it will be.

I prefer Old Man's War as a title

Hahaha yes cool book :)  Can't wait til we can paint our skin green.

Sorry for the double post. Update lag hit me it seems

Edited by Durzos

Hahaha yes cool book :)  Can't wait til we can paint our skin green.

Sorry for the double post. Update lag hit me it seems

What is your picture from?  I've seen it but cannot place it.

Whats actually funny is what you guys play on Dayz I actually use to live that way,I dont mean kill zoms or people but I did live in the wilderness and lived off the land,made bows and arrows lived in tents and teepees,gathered plants and such made adobe houses,one time I hadn't gone into town for 3 years,nor did I want too anymore.We grew our own food had no radios or tv nothing electrical at all.Learned how to tan hides spin wool for hats and such,make fire with just two sticks,not bragging just funny that im playing a game sort of doing the same thing.I did this for about 7 years.I am onedog these things I tell you are true.

I remember when my good buddy was into computers and I bought my first one and he said 400 mb hard drive?  That will be all you will ever need you will never fill that up.