Sign in to follow this  
Demoth

Any update on magic leg breaking?

Or I could continue being correct.

In order for that, you would have to start.
  • Like 1

In order for that, you would have to start.

Devs have stated more times than can be counted that the Alpha is not focused on bug fixing. It's focused on adding new content into the game. You've been here since January. This is a very basic concept that you should know by now. How you are unaware of this boggles my mind. 

I've played the game over 500 hours, and this bug has only killed me about four times that I can remember. Which is about once every 125 hours. Which I wouldn't really call "Game Breaking". The people I play with know about this glitch...and we simply don't go to places where it can happen if we aren't prepared to take the risk of getting killed by the bug. 

Saying that the top priority for the Devs is to fix a leg breaking bug that only happens in certain places that you can simply avoid going to is idiotic. Have any of you ever considered...oh, I don't know...simply not going onto the places that the bug could kill you in? Has that thought ever crossed your mind? If it has and you continue to put yourself at risk knowing the possibilities and then complaining about it being Bohemia's fault is hardly something you can blame on them. 

That's just stupidity.

And there ain't no bug fixin' for that. 

• Like 1

Devs have stated more times than can be counted that the Alpha is not focused on bug fixing. It's focused on adding new content into the game. You've been here since January. This is a very basic concept that you should know by now. How you are unaware of this boggles my mind.

I've played the game over 500 hours, and this bug has only killed me about four times that I can remember. Which is about once every 125 hours. Which I wouldn't really call "Game Breaking". The people I play with know about this glitch...and we simply don't go to places where it can happen if we aren't prepared to take the risk of getting killed by the bug.

Saying that the top priority for the Devs is to fix a leg breaking bug that only happens in certain places that you can simply avoid going to is idiotic. Have any of you ever considered...oh, I don't know...simply not going onto the places that the bug could kill you in? Has that thought ever crossed your mind? If it has and you continue to put yourself at risk knowing the possibilities and then complaining about it being Bohemia's fault is hardly something you can blame on them.

That's just stupidity.

And there ain't no bug fixin' for that.

And yet they have fixed other bugs in the past, hence your entire post and point is moot.

• Like 1

And yet they have fixed other bugs in the past, hence your entire post and point is moot.

Ya, actual game breaking bugs.  

tbxSbg1.gif

tbxSbg1.gif

You can reaction image all you want. I just find it amusing that you're wrong, and start thrashing like a child and resorting to questioning the intelligence of other posters (other than me) for simply voicing a concern.

What brought such hostility is beyond me.

Edited by Demoth

Ya, actual game breaking bugs.  

Others have stated that going to the second story of any building is potential death out of the blue.

It's been agreed upon as a big problem on the bug tracker. I simply asked if they were looking into it, and people decided to come at me like I had insulted their mother and said the game was going to fail. Neither of which was done, because, A). Your mother is a classy lady, and B). I actually like how this game is shaping up.

Others have stated that going to the second story of any building is potential death out of the blue.

It's been agreed upon as a big problem on the bug tracker. I simply asked if they were looking into it, and people decided to come at me like I had insulted their mother and said the game was going to fail. Neither of which was done, because, A). Your mother is a classy lady, and B). I actually like how this game is shaping up.

Here's the thing, it's not happening to me and it's not happening to others I play with, so for the few that scream about it does not make it a priority.

• Like 1

You can reaction image all you want. I just find it amusing that you're wrong, and start thrashing like a child and resorting to questioning the intelligence of other posters (other than me) for simply voicing a concern.

What brought such hostility is beyond me.

If I'm wrong, then you're calling the Devs liars since they are the ones who have clearly stated that bug fixing is not the primary concern of the Alpha, adding new content is. 

But if you consider this "thrashing"...

Here's the thing, it's not happening to me and it's not happening to others I play with, so for the few that scream about it does not make it a priority.

And yet it's happening to others. You and your friends are not the majority.

I also did not claim that it was happening to the majority. I asked if this was being looked at, and people act like I was shooting at school children.

Edit: And when was I "screaming"? I asked if it was being looked at, then I asked if there was a way to avoid this while still being able to actually go into these buildings so I don't starve to death. Apparently that's me having a meltdown.

Edited by Demoth

Check the bugtracker, theres hundreds of posts regarding this particular gamebreaking bug. If it has something to do with desync, then its desync that isn't reported by the game. I've played for 950 hours and this has happened to me at least twenty times, about half of them resulting in the death of my character and the others with broken pants, shoes and equipment. The most annoying is when you are in a firefight and this bug happens, making you an easy target for other players. Everyone I've played with in this game(about ten people) have experienced this bug and are annoyed by it.

We can discuss on and on wether alpha is for bugfixing or other things but seeing as other bugs are fixed then this one will most likely also be adressed.

Getting fed up with this blatant bullying of people who disagree with alpha priorities. Here's the thing. The way that things are, isn't necessarily the way that things should be.

Getting fed up with this blatant bullying of people who disagree with alpha priorities. Here's the thing. The way that things are, isn't necessarily the way that things should be.

Henche alphuurrr hurr durrr

If I'm wrong, then you're calling the Devs liars since they are the ones who have clearly stated that bug fixing is not the primary concern of the Alpha, adding new content is. 

But if you consider this "thrashing"...

They obviously care about major game breaking bugs that effect the player's ability to test the alpha. They've fixed many in the past, and many that don't necessarily break the game but still have a major impact on gameplay experience (like mouse acceleration not turning off). You're confusing the term "primary" with "exclusive". There's no reason why they couldn't look into fixing this - tons of people report this problem, it's one of the most commonly reported problems, and it's obviously a big one.

• Like 1

They obviously care about major game breaking bugs that effect the player's ability to test the alpha. They've fixed many in the past, and many that don't necessarily break the game but still have a major impact on gameplay experience (like mouse acceleration not turning off). You're confusing the term "primary" with "exclusive". There's no reason why they couldn't look into fixing this - tons of people report this problem, it's one of the most commonly reported problems, and it's obviously a big one.

Assuming the developers can replicate as well.  Putting an issue in doesn't necessarily mean that it's the actual game.  It could be anything from desync to slow load times while going up stairs or up ladders.

The funny part was i wasn't disagreeing with anything. I asked a question, and apparently this caused unbridled fury.

LOL "unbridled fury".

I've found that when I don't run/turbo up stairs, there is no issue  That or I am just really lucky lately... 

When you do this, the game thinks your in the floor.  I sometimes even vault when going to another level from stairs/ladders just to make sure I'm not stuck in the ground.

I just randomly break my legs every time I try to go up into the firestation. So obviously, this means, for now, I won't be going into fire stations.

However, is there any news on this? The bug tracker has it listed, but that was from back in 2013.

Is there a way to prevent this magical leg snapping phenomenon?

Did anyone bring up vaulting yet?

Vault (fence hop/jump) as soon as you get upstairs anywhere.. the server updates your player location and voila.. no more leg bug. 

• Like 1

Vault (fence hop/jump) as soon as you get upstairs anywhere.. the server updates your player location and voila.. no more leg bug. 

This could save a lot of lives.

• Like 1

I've found that when I don't run/turbo up stairs, there is no issue  That or I am just really lucky lately... 

When you do this, the game thinks your in the floor.  I sometimes even vault when going to another level from stairs/ladders just to make sure I'm not stuck in the ground.

:D

Not quite what Irish said.

This.

Vaulting forces the server to update your location.. since its a movement that requires proper updating to ensure you get over that fence..

Also works well against leg breaking, boot ruining, bugs.

:)

• Like 1

This.

Vaulting forces the server to update your location.. since its a movement that requires proper updating to ensure you get over that fence..

Also works well against leg breaking, boot ruining, bugs.

:)

Very awesome. I will keep that in mind.

I'm currently, however, addicted to Overpoch. Once I start getting that survivalist itch back, I'll be sure to mentally note this to ensure i don't continuously cripple myself.

• Like 1