SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

The western military tent farm was in lootsploshion mode. So finally found some 9mm, a chest holster and a sniper bullet of course.

• Like 1

Can't seem to make my ghillie and miltary bases aren't spawning much of anything.

Some seem that while while others have piles of loot everywhere - definitely experienced both. Almost never anywhere in the middle, lol.

Also just found a ton of loot in a deer stand. Good place for pistol mags and hunters backpacks apparently.

Edited by solodude23

in 5 deaths after my sniper.

starting at 3 valley killed by one punch of other new spawn

warp boxing is just dumb and why so deadly?

next from near the cliff west of electro, made it all the way to mid pusta. Not a single thing found from a spawn, but pusta fillled with zombies, maybe 10 in the town and only made it to the cross roads.

Next in Bay Nizhana, no zombie issues and managed to get fed at the coast but pooring rain. By the time I made it to Polana managed to have hypothermia, and starvation, ran off the hypothermia, but the starvation killed me before I made it to gorka. Likely had to kill 15 zombies in that short life. Not ONE SINGLE PIECE OF FOOD IN ALL OF POLANA.

Spawned in Cherno. Managed to get a old machete and a wool cap. fought my way out of town, pretty much zero loot, no pops, no food, no back packs.  Got into Chapa who the fuck cares what ever the thousandth stupid name is for a village the new sky scrapers above cherno.

Not a think in all those buildings. Dove off the hospital roof.

Roll back to non experimental.

My thoughts, loot economy is totally broken. I do not even understand what the intention of the loot economy is. I never saw a match with all those chars, I saw one axe. I never saw a can of pop. 

Not sure at all what the intent is so commenting on how far the devs are from achieving it is kind of pointless.

BTW why make us get drenched to drink from ponds. Why make it take 5 minutes? 

Is anyone able to make a ghille right now?

I was at the military base just south of the NWAF in the prison room with the bunk beds on the first floor, It was filled with loot, like the bunk was over flowing, I got shot in the back while going through gear.

in 5 deaths after my sniper.

starting at 3 valley killed by one punch of other new spawn

warp boxing is just dumb and why so deadly?

next from near the cliff west of electro, made it all the way to mid pusta. Not a single thing found from a spawn, but pusta fillled with zombies, maybe 10 in the town and only made it to the cross roads.

Next in Bay Nizhana, no zombie issues and managed to get fed at the coast but pooring rain. By the time I made it to Polana managed to have hypothermia, and starvation, ran off the hypothermia, but the starvation killed me before I made it to gorka. Likely had to kill 15 zombies in that short life. Not ONE SINGLE PIECE OF FOOD IN ALL OF POLANA.

Spawned in Cherno. Managed to get a old machete and a wool cap. fought my way out of town, pretty much zero loot, no pops, no food, no back packs.  Got into Chapa who the fuck cares what ever the thousandth stupid name is for a village the new sky scrapers above cherno.

Not a think in all those buildings. Dove off the hospital roof.

Roll back to non experimental.

My thoughts, loot economy is totally broken. I do not even understand what the intention of the loot economy is. I never saw a match with all those chars, I saw one axe. I never saw a can of pop. 

Not sure at all what the intent is so commenting on how far the devs are from achieving it is kind of pointless.

BTW why make us get drenched to drink from ponds. Why make it take 5 minutes? 

Of course many things are still not as they should be, but in general apocalypse does not mean "land of milk and honey".

I had hard times as well, but could always manage to stay alive by picking berries and apples, and later i found just enough other stuff. It´s also not too easy to get fully geared at the moment. But are we playing a game because it is easy or because it is hard?

Edited by lauda
  • Like 3

if you are looking for netting it spawns in the brown train boxcars. Find it there pretty often.

right now it is really really hard to find food. I was playing at the DE 1st Person Servers and some UK 1st Person. As soon as i spawned at the Coast i tried to get myself hydrated and went away from the coast. All the way from Electro to Mogilevka i found nothing. All i can do is to pick Apples but that'll keep me just away from starving, it wont help with hunger.

Whats wrong with food spawning at the moment? Oo

Can't seem to make my ghillie and miltary bases aren't spawning much of anything.

Ghillies now require an extra step of crafting, you need to cut the burlap into strips before combining with netting.

• Like 1

Ghillies now require an extra step of crafting, you need to cut the burlap into strips before combining with netting.

It's does not work, trust me. I tried.

It's does not work, trust me. I tried.

Did you combine the burlap strips ? You'll need a stack of two and one netting.

• Like 1

Did you combine the burlap strips ? You'll need a stack of two and one netting.

I combine the burlap strips, but only one and four netting. Thanks for help.

Is netting spawning in sheds and stuff like that at all anymore or just train box cars?

Is netting spawning in sheds and stuff like that at all anymore or just train box cars?

Train box cars , AND those little row boats that are flipped over on the shore (you can find a bunch near the three valleys spawn , and some near kamyshovo) .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

All you ghillied - out playas make me nervous ... Will I see the ent man as he comes to sterilize me ? Will I be struck down before crafting my own ghillie suit ? These are all important questions but most importantly , I hope to find two v3s's today as my squad is finally coming online ... Has anyone devised any vehicle rodeo techniques yet ? I've only ever had one at a time ... :) tell me your stories as I can't play dayz for another hour or so .

I've ran into a lot of friendly players on experimental, I miss the ghillie and 50 cal from the Mod along with all the cars

Lol .50 cal , I remember sitting up on the Chernogorsk industrial towers (the gigantic Amazing ones with lots of space to walk around in) I would always have a DMR with me with a whole backpack full of clips .. One day I ended up taking out a "convoy" of two ospreys , one was carrying some type of truck with the magnetic cables .

The first three shots I sniped out the driver of the osprey carrying the truck (his body fell hundreds of feet lol) and the second took about 3 clips of constant running and shooting as he was all over my ass but then another plane crashed into the remaining osprey as I shoot my last bullet of DMR lol , so fucking epic .. All this happened in over watch about a year and a Half ago maybe more , good times but I can't wait til standalone has aerial transport , it will be so much more epic .

• Like 1

Of course many things are still not as they should be, but in general apocalypse does not mean "land of milk and honey".

I had hard times as well, but could always manage to stay alive by picking berries and apples, and later i found just enough other stuff. It´s also not too easy to get fully geared at the moment. But are we playing a game because it is easy or because it is hard?

I ended up doing the same. After a few tries I got it down and made it inland, now EHH, fairly well geared, even found a tent and stocked that up too (MP5K with a 15 rnd mag and a few other back up items).  I am ok on 1st person,  looking for a better helmet and an AK of some kind now.

Did the devs speed up the cycle on EXP, seems the servers reset every hour or so or is that a bug?

i'm liking this experimental !

new towns up north west have a lot of loot. found a firefighter axe, a SKS, a PU scope and a box 7.62*39 rounds. food was easy to find too, found 3 powderer milk and about 5 canned peach and a lot of soda.

every 1H session i find at least a V3S. never found gazoline sadly.

my  playthrough was like this :

spawn berezino -> been offered a V3S -> drive to novo -> server crash, loose the truck -> loot karmanovka (healthy + backpack + screw driver/machete/matchbox/ammo + V3S) -> drive to Zadprudnoe and toploniki -> server crash, loose the truck -> loot these places, found a V3S -> drive to NWAF for some PVP and hopefully get killed in an heroic battle to spawn again

• Like 1

I've ran into a lot of friendly players on experimental, I miss the ghillie and 50 cal from the Mod along with all the cars

Well then you have had much better luck with players than I have over the holiday.  I ran into 2 people who were friendly (in one instance we exchanged shots but he was spooked by my presence and I only shot him in the leg), the other dozen or so were completely violent encounters.  Two of them with cannibals hunting me down while I was a bambi.

I tried being the nice guy but I am back to shot first, shot second and shot once more just to be sure.

Been finding nothing on this exp, I got decent survival stuff running from nadezdhino to polana, knife camo axe some food etc, lots of ammo then found nothing but junk all the way to Bor,where I found a Blaze double. Even roaming fields and forests in the middle of nowhere I'm scared of getting shot as I know there won't be any loot at the coast and I'll be perma dead as far as Experimental goes.

i'm liking this experimental !

new towns up north west have a lot of loot. found a firefighter axe, a SKS, a PU scope and a box 7.62*39 rounds. food was easy to find too, found 3 powderer milk and about 5 canned peach and a lot of soda.

every 1H session i find at least a V3S. never found gazoline sadly.

my  playthrough was like this :

spawn berezino -> been offered a V3S -> drive to novo -> server crash, loose the truck -> loot karmanovka (healthy + backpack + screw driver/machete/matchbox/ammo + V3S) -> drive to Zadprudnoe and toploniki -> server crash, loose the truck -> loot these places, found a V3S -> drive to NWAF for some PVP and hopefully get killed in an heroic battle to spawn again

It was YOU!

did you take my truck from the warehouses behind the apartment blocks in berenzine last night???

Thief!!!  hahah

Edited by Rowdy