Sign in to follow this  
qwer4790

So tents will be deleted on every Wednesday maintenance?

I just saw BEC broadcast this message, so it's true? We have to pack up all items on character before maintenance? 

inb4 shitstorm from crying clan babies because they ignored the neon red warnings.

• Like 1

Yes that is correct , apparently tents can be put into mountain backpacks so you don't need to worry. Just find out which stuff you wanna keep and what you wanna ditch .

Just found some tents. They also fit into a hunters backpack. I will be setting one up tonight and see how long it stays around.

My experience of tents is that they are deleted on server restart, so can't really get too worked up about this <_<

I have 12 tents and they were saved for a week after 0.50, but I have to abandon most of them before next maintenance...

Literally everywhere.

That perfectly explains why I haven't found one in-game yet either..

I always check grocery stores and such, too.

• Like 1

inb4 shitstorm from crying clan babies because they ignored the neon red warnings.

I've seen no "neon red warnings"

Is this as of today?

I'd be mad about this but so far I've been far too noob to even see a single tent.  I did come across something on the interwebs suggesting where many of them can be found though so hoping to join the cool kids ranks of tent people.  Good to know about this Wed reset cos man I would've lost it had I stored tons of loot on Tues only to find them all gone the next day LOL.

My main question is WHY are tents deleted every week during maintenance/cleanup?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of 'persistence'?  If it's because of the loot explosions, I can understand that, and hopefully when that's fixed, tents can remain on servers 'persistently'.  I'm slightly upset, because I was working and had no idea this was going to happen.  I see no point in finding a tent, and only being able to use it for up to 6 days.  This next clean-up, I'm working overnight Tuesday, so I won't be able to pick it up.

• Like 1

My friends tent survived the server maintenance this past Wednesday so not really sure. It was on a server that was showing the big red warning signs. But I still have yet to find one myself.

Tents, and all other items for that matter, did not get reset on my server.  I picked up what I could carry but left a tent and a couple guns at camp.  They were all still there Thursday after maintenance.  

My main question is WHY are tents deleted every week during maintenance/cleanup?

It's partly what you just said. Persistance is still a WIP and everytime they change something major with it, they need to reset the data ( read: your tents ).

BUT: Noone said it will be every wednesday. They did it last wednesday for the first time and they announced it 24 hours ahead. Just take a look on tuesday if there is an announcement here or on reddit.

BUT2: As persistance is still WIP it is not finished and it is buggy. There is always a chance a server restart or crash will kill your tent(s). Noone should expect them to be 100% reliable.

NO, BEC (Battle Eey Client) said that it will be every Wednesday during maintenance.  It wasn't a Reddit message, it was in game on the server I'd placed my tent.

hotcakes, what type of server are you on?  Is it a private shard, is it a DayZ operated server (NE-12 style name), or is it a server that was bought by yourself or your clan?