kmmu

My dream " House " location in Dayz

When its possible to build "houses" / structures  I'm going to build me a winter house right here!  Look at those views, if / when they implement snow,  this is where i'm heading!

2014-11-10_00003.jpg

They're possibly some clearings with cliffs on up behind me.  I'll see if i can find those.   can't wait.

• Like 1

You can build one now.. with backpacks

Maybe Igloo style would be best. :)

7Dhnm4F.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 5

Reminds me of Morrowind when you got to build a house, that's going to be awesome I can't wait! Hopefully when they integrate vehicles we can find locations that are more secluded but that don't take you an hour to run back to.

• Like 1

Reminds me of Morrowind when you got to build a house

Wait, you can build houses on there?

I just stabbed some random person and made a pillow fort in their home..I thought that was the only way to own a house. I feel bad now.

I'd argue that the best location would be some isolated place in the forest, where you won't have 10 snipers constantly waiting for you.

I'd argue that the best location would be some isolated place in the forest, where you won't have 10 snipers constantly waiting for you.

Id say the best place would be on one of the small islands with no loot no one EVER goes there ( well more than once)

Id say the best place would be on one of the small islands with no loot no one EVER goes there ( well more than once)

Until they find out that someone has a base there, as well as being a very "guessable" position

*KoS the homeowner* Greeting and Howdy neighbor! May I borrow a cup of sugar and everything else you don't need...  

Thank you for your lovely hospitality, and for being such as a sport! Yep, living the zombie apocalypse dream  B) 

Edited by Mor

Wait, you can build houses on there?

I just stabbed some random person and made a pillow fort in their home..I thought that was the only way to own a house. I feel bad now.

didn't know what you two were talking about at the time... but when I read this, holy shit did it make me laugh

030 035 was my dream house. Now that there is a village in front of it, it is not more secluded as it was before. Yet resupply routes are shorter.

Until they find out that someone has a base there, as well as being a very "guessable" position

how do they find out unless they have a boat ( its suicide to try and swim there)and travel out there for no reason at  all ( back in the mod days my longest lasting tent was out on an island unlooted in 9 months) Now any where on the main land no matter how remote you think it is will have people travel over it ,specially when they up the number of people in the server . In the end its always just a matter of time regardless of where it is ( minus those whop discovered glitched spots where you could put tents underwater in rocks etc)

Ive rented the penthouse apartment from a nice fellow name Mr. Freeman in Novo. Im moving in next weekend, and cant wait!

There is even a grand piano in the main living room that he is just throwing in for free! So excited.. he did say however that several deaths had happened recently in the Penthouse, which was a turn off Ill admit but the view is just so spectacular, and being so high up Im sure it will be the most secure place in all of Chernarus. 

Like positive Ill be safe forever.. so sure, Ill probably just toss my guns off the balcony now that Ive moved in.. wont need them up here Im sure!

Safe haven here I co......................

"YOU ARE DEAD."

Edited by lrish

030 035 was my dream house. Now that there is a village in front of it, it is not more secluded as it was before. Yet resupply routes are shorter.

Awesome, dude! I'll be sure to check there and move in as well! We can be neighbors, or I can make sure your supplies are up to code!

how do they find out unless they have a boat ( its suicide to try and swim there)and travel out there for no reason at  all ( back in the mod days my longest lasting tent was out on an island unlooted in 9 months) Now any where on the main land no matter how remote you think it is will have people travel over it ,specially when they up the number of people in the server . In the end its always just a matter of time regardless of where it is ( minus those whop discovered glitched spots where you could put tents underwater in rocks etc)

SoulFirez, what kind of islands are you referring to? If you mean something like Debug Island, I don't think those would be a viable solution even with boats. The amount of time you'd waste wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion... not without something really, really rare to hide from people.

As for the smaller islands closer to the mainland: those don't really offer any cover. Right now no one has any real reason to look there, but they would definitely notice anything bigger than a backpack being stashed there. It would be pretty easy to get to as well.

Any location with access to pond water is my preference. Prud was always my first choice, though a little too obvious.

I guess when/if boats are added the debug island may be considered. In DayZmod it's radioactive so staying more than a few minutes is not a good idea.

Idealy it would be best to tunnel into the ground and enjoy the benefits of security and warmth.

Edited by Cartoonrboy

SoulFirez, what kind of islands are you referring to? If you mean something like Debug Island, I don't think those would be a viable solution even with boats. The amount of time you'd waste wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion... not without something really, really rare to hide from people.

As for the smaller islands closer to the mainland: those don't really offer any cover. Right now no one has any real reason to look there, but they would definitely notice anything bigger than a backpack being stashed there. It would be pretty easy to get to as well.

skalsty island south east of main land 2km2 of no loot, enough water that with temps its hyperthermia set in to swim over (for again an island with no loot .

Its more than large enough and far enough that you cant see shit on the island . Hands up all those of you on the forums that have gone over there ??? And if you have your hand up how many have been over there for a second time , i am betting near nobody.

True it be a pain to keep a base there as you would need a boat but if you did it be pretty safe compared to the main land .

Edit although i am betting when/if choopers come in someone will store a working one over there so any tents there then will be found (although there is a couple of semi hidden spots there..

Edited by SoulFirez

Build a house? I thought barricades on existing structures were all that was going to be possible. Hope to god they aren't going to allow fortifications like those abomination mods.

I reckon you could dump an M4 in a house in the village of Tulga on a high pop server, come back 24 hours later and it would still be there.