Sign in to follow this  
Hellsd3mise

Unable to use water pumps?

hey guys. im in pavlovo and dieing of dehydration, theres a water pump there but for some reason im unable to use it

it dosnt even give me the option to use it, i also havnt been able to use the ones in kamenka and komarovo.

anyone else had issues like this? 

• Like 1

Mhmm, issue with .50

I believe I heard that if you Verify Game Cache, it'll help? Haven't confirmed this yet, cause I rarely end up needing wells.

While you have your Steam library open, right click on DayZ, click properties, then go to Local Files. It'll say "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" which will take a few minutes.

Edited by Geckofrog7

The closest pond I remember to there is at 033 - 088, if you have enough energy, go run there.

I can help you out if you want.

Another one is at 025 - 094

Another one at 038 - 129

A water pump over 027 - 122 (if it works for you)

Edited by Yazar8

ok i verified the game cashe and ive  tried about 3 or 4 other water pumps and no luck

luckily i was able to look some cola cans along the way and survived.

Also seems to be allot less loot around. seems like every things always looted even when theres zombies around that haven't been agrod  

Mhmm, issue with .50

I believe I heard that if you Verify Game Cache, it'll help? Haven't confirmed this yet, cause I rarely end up needing wells.

My DayZ wouldn't start the other nght and had to verify and it didn't fix the wells.

Its a global bug.

• Like 1

same, now getting yourself hydrated is kind of hard

Considering the previous tests (like the extreme cold) what is the chance the devs intentionally turned it off, so we would test alternative water source, such as the various ponds spread around, collecting rain etc.

Considering the previous tests (like the extreme cold) what is the chance the devs intentionally turned it off, so we would test alternative water source, such as the various ponds spread around, collecting rain etc.

Oh, now I see. This is so-called "bug" is actually...a feature! :D

• Like 2

Yea it's frustrating , I've been just using ponds and streams when ever i find them , keeping two canteen's , and filling up on tasty rain water.

(just a side ?)  Does anyone know if there is a Eat All option for deer steaks ?  I was starving and had to sit there and eat little percentages of the steak and i thought there was always an eat all option for cooked meat. Not a big deal but was curious if it was me glitched , or it got removed or never existed.

Yea it's frustrating , I've been just using ponds and streams when ever i find them , keeping two canteen's , and filling up on tasty rain water.

(just a side ?)  Does anyone know if there is a Eat All option for deer steaks ?  I was starving and had to sit there and eat little percentages of the steak and i thought there was always an eat all option for cooked meat. Not a big deal but was curious if it was me glitched , or it got removed or never existed.

It must have been glitched because iv NEVER had a problem eating the whole steak in previous builds.

Just use ponds. I haven't had to use any water pumps for the past while. Although it'd be helpful if they did work.

Edited by Kirby12352

Not that likely on stable. I don't think they would do such stuff intentionally outside of the experimental branch.

It must have been glitched because iv NEVER had a problem eating the whole steak in previous builds.

Thank's Death , Hope it was glitched just that one time.

I have the same problem, but if you find a canteen, you can always catch water from the rain. It fills 5% per interaction or just go to the ponds.

Even with ponds, dont you need to purify the water first? 

I've been loading up on purification tablets like its going out of style.  They just take so friggin long to cure thirst when all of you've got is a water bottle.  At one point, I was hydrating at a pond and some dude was going nuts with his carbine trying to off some zed ... ONE friggin zed.  Wow what an awful shot that guy.  Just glad he didn't spot me drinking cos I would've been shot at prolly.

hey guys. im in pavlovo and dieing of dehydration, theres a water pump there but for some reason im unable to use it

it dosnt even give me the option to use it, i also havnt been able to use the ones in kamenka and komarovo.

anyone else had issues like this? 

It's a known bug for sure. My suggestion is to make a break for Zelenogorsk, North of your pos. There is a small pond just North of town on the left hand side of the road. Get your drink on.

Edited by BigB055

I  don't understand the reason for experimental.   Why doesn't having experimental out first not catch huge bugs like this before stable gets updated?  

I  don't understand the reason for experimental.   Why doesn't having experimental out first not catch huge bugs like this before stable gets updated?  

It could be by design like others have said. It's easy to not keep an open mind when it comes to an Alpha game and I myself forget it all of the time. There have been many two steps forward, one step back updates in the game so far. It might be turned off because with other tweaks in the game it may have been conflicting. Easiest solution might have been to have the wells :dry" for the time being. 

I read in another thread that the Purification tablets werent working and you could drink directly from the Pond, so I tried it out and yes there is no problem doing that. Every puddle, little stream, pond and lake are fair game. I will tell you one more thing that i learned to do and that was to get on my belly and crawl to the edge of the water to fill the canteen instead of wading in.

You won't get wet at all.

Even in a crouch you can get wet.

Edited by katana2665

The various maps are not that good at showing where ponds etc are in game, unless they're fairly big. A lot of them are in dips in forested areas.

I'm sometimes tempted to pick up purification tabs in preparation for the great dirty water introduction. If the pumps aren't working by then, there will be a lot of sick and dying people. :P