saamohod

I am overheating

What I discovered works best is to get soaked, then you can cool off by staying still and waiting, after something like 10 minutes you might start freezing. But running around while soaked seems to prevent you from overheating too fast.

THIS!! I just started using this technique due to constant overheating.  Love it, embrace it, use it.  As for trading,

Have;

Protector cases

Ammo boxes

Two AK74's-Wooden parts (p)

Grenades

Flashbangs

Want;

M4 Bayonet

M4 Suppressor (I know it probably isn't working in .50)

ALL BANDANNA FACEMASKS

Yes Grundlesmuggler there are other colors other than purple that are in my interest...   :P LAY OFF!!! 

Anyone else getting tired of having to stay near a body of water 24/7? lol

• Like 1

we'll all be sat there fishing instead of killing each other soon haha

Im pretty sure thats already happened by now lol.

I've been running from Electro to Balota on a server at noon with a hoodie and autumn hunter pants. I. Have a wool coat.... in a down jacket, in a waterproof backpack but haven't had to use it. No rain and I have probably seen a temperature message once or twice in 2 hours. Hoodies seem to be a nice temperature in .50 so far. That's with no rain.

we'll all be sat there fishing instead of killing each other soon haha

So true.

Somewhat on the same topic: Is there a point in wearing a raincoat when it's raining? Right now I'm switching from my gentleman whool blacks to a bright-orange HERE I AM! raincoat when it starts raining... 

Also: I haven't played in a few weeks/months, due to glitches making the game shit to play (not your average alpha-glitch, game isn't running properly on my system due to problems with graphics settings, hope a new renderer will fix) but there's a ton of cool stuff in! :D I'm on a try to live of the wild for a bit :) 

Currently there is not much reason for wearing the raincoat - it was the most effective jacket in 0.49 because it was both warm and waterproof but in the warmer DayZ of 0.50 its not the right choice. In real life this would be something like a very thin rain poncho but there is no such item in DayZ yet. Luckily getting wet shouldn't be that much of an issue because of the relatively warm weather.

If you are still wearing the same clothes as in 0.49 you are doing it wrong* - thats just like still collecting 12 gauge shells as your ammo after switching from a Shotgun to an AK.

*Given you are trying to wear clothes that keep you at the optimal temperature. If you want to get hot its the way to go.

• Like 1

Currently there is not much reason for wearing the raincoat - it was the most effective jacket in 0.49 because it was both warm and waterproof but in the warmer DayZ of 0.50 its not the right choice. In real life this would be something like a very thin rain poncho but there is no such item in DayZ yet. Luckily getting wet shouldn't be that much of an issue because of the relatively warm weather.

If you are still wearing the same clothes as in 0.49 you are doing it wrong* - thats just like still collecting 12 gauge shells as your ammo after switching from a Shotgun to an AK.

*Given you are trying to wear clothes that keep you at the optimal temperature. If you want to get hot its the way to go.

Still wearing what I had on 0.49, getting hot sometimes but didn't get hyperthermic yet.

Exactly ! I always have 3 canteens 100% on me at all times and a good ammount of water purification tablets (Some friends told me sickness from pond water is now in-game) 

Its not....havent been sick since .44 or so...

my character is male and has never shown any sign at all of getting overheated. I can run all over the map in ttkso/balaclava/hat/vest

my friends character is female and always gets overheated, even if all clothes removed

so is it gender related?

Running shirtless just made it easier for me to take people down with one mosin shot. So a tip to that make sure to equip your gear when you're looting cities/military zones.