Sign in to follow this  
kakysas666

The good and the bad of 50th patch

I found dozens of sks + a lot of pu and long range scopes.

the bad well i found 1 in numbers ONE clip for the about 30 sks i could have owned in the last 10 hours.

I got 2 for trade. 

Fully decked with mosin and all its attachments, rangefinder and AK74u with one mag all from one server. Also found 10 makarovs in NWAF tents and 6-7 protector cases... whats wrong with loot. Also thing that bothers me the most is running shirtless most of my gameplay and drinking every 2minutes. Well good side is atleast the zombies wont ruin my black tac shirt.

Edited by Miracool

Honestly I like .50 beter then .49. I have seen no bugs although I dont want to speak too soon.

It comes with allot of positive changes, mosin rap is darkened, footware becomes worn, new items ect ect. Even a new military base. This is the 1st patch that has helped me and I enjoyed in I don't now how long. Even the weather is better! All the stuff I needed from last patch I got in a matter of an hour!

God dam theres even a PD at NW that spawns everything! Even dumb asses who only survive for a couple hours are getting geared up! :beans:  So how about that?

Honestly the wells not working I can give 2 shits about <_< I think they should be random wether they work or not anyways.

So enjoy this shit while it lasts bitches, before they screw it up again with a hot fix. I don't wanna hear any complaining...not one bit! Hey we don't have to lite a god dam fire every hour right?

It's X-Mas is DayZ I tells ya.

Edited by CJFlint

The bad thing that prevents me from enjoying the 0.50 is the FPS drop.

The bad thing that prevents me from enjoying the 0.50 is the FPS drop.

I reduced the viewdistance too 1800

and the preferredObjectViewDistance to 1200

This gave me a quite a boost on my fps

Maybe you should give it a try

So it is kind of a rant kind of a heads up to developers or those interested.

BAD: New bugs, like nearly impossible to locate a context menu to climb the ladder of the school building, especially in hardcore mode.

BAD: Wells do not work

BAD: Random weapon disappearance when you carry two guns (one behind back, one in hands) happened to me 3 times, but could not reproduce it on purpose. You simply start running with two guns and after a while you see that your hands are empty and you are holding an air. Backtracking didn't seem to help

BAD: Zombie sound direction, you hear zombie scream from the left side, zombie runs to you from the right side.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST/...

Can we PLEASE GET A 0.50 patch bug sticky thread??

The reason I say this is that I wasted time going to multiple wells to try and get water, thinking that they were just "not working". I could not find anything on the web or Twitter about it. 

Also, I almost got to the point of uninstalling my audio drivers because of the new bug of hearing zombies coming from the wrong direction?

Edited by treetop82
  • Like 1

The amount of guns and ammo spawning is absolutely ridicolous. I hope they correct that in a patch ASAP.

The amount of guns and ammo spawning is absolutely ridicolous. I hope they correct that in a patch ASAP.

You mean its too little or too much?

Is this issue only on one server or multiple?

The only ammo type I'm finding a decent amount of is 12 gauge buckshot. The rest is seeming a bit rare, although not as bad as how some people say it is.

Has anyone else noticed it's a lot harder to get a change in temperature? I ran around in the rain for about half an hour and didn't get a single message about cooling down. I'm also not getting messages about warming up. Does this vary from server to server or something?

Edited by Kirby12352

and where's the Ugly? :D

l5s3pjnqycws.jpg

Btw:

I can open a Can of Bacon with brass knuckles xD

(Only gives 30%, but still)

The Ugly: The framerate

Anyone else not seeing the new military base on the in-game map? Been thinking about taking a trip up there but not totally sure where it is.

The Ugly: The framerate

that's so true xD

Edited by irishroy

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST/...

Can we PLEASE GET A 0.50 patch bug sticky thread??

The reason I say this is that I wasted time going to multiple wells to try and get water, thinking that they were just "not working". I could not find anything on the web or Twitter about it. 

Also, I almost got to the point of uninstalling my audio drivers because of the new bug of hearing zombies coming from the wrong direction?

Right here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214484-stable-branch-050-discussion/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/

BAD: Zombie sound direction, you hear zombie scream from the left side, zombie runs to you from the right side.

Not only zombie sound direction. Foot steps and other sounds direction which is belong to players also seems completely broken . For example Im top floor of novo clock tower I hearing footsteps or someone speaking from my back but he coming from downstairs. Also when you in building if someone talk something outside you hearing him like he beside you looks like walls doesnt block sound. Doors, walls cant even block zombies and I expecting sounds wont pass through walls. :D :thumbsup:

Edited by BugZ

You mean its too little or too much?

Is this issue only on one server or multiple?

Way too much. We found multiple AK74s and AKsus in many buildings, food and water to nourish entire cities full of people and insane amounts of ammo, especially for the AKM, AK101 and the RAK/Makarov. As if the game needed even more stuff to encourage senseless PVP.

• Like 1

For me the game is almost unplayable now. If I forget that it is much more laggy now which can be solved with reducing details and stuff, I have a big mouse issue. It seems that there is some sort of delay between my mouse movement and my character response. If I look around it lasts like 0,5 to 1s for my character to follow my orders. And that is something that makes the game barely playable. I haven´t met any player yet but I can imagine that once I will want to aim at someone it will be totally impossible for me to kill them.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? I haven´t seen anyone complaining about it yet.

Btw:

I can open a Can of Bacon with brass knuckles xD

(Only gives 30%, but still)

That's brilliant!

So needs an animation....I wanna see a starving survivor brutaly beating a can of beans on the floor :)

Bad: Lost three mosins, 2 with LRS and one Pu and 2 shottys due to the bug. This bug existed in 0.49 too Btw

Bad: It Rains all the time but still I get hot? Thats not normal.

Bad: I've gotten some freeze lags that I've never had before. Its not fpslag or desync. Happened on two different servers, both 1st person. One time it lagged me off a roof and I died. Fortunately I respawned fifty metres from my body(first time that has happened). My pants got ruined along with my saline bags and a Mp5 mag and also my boots.

Good: Loot seems to work well.

Good: Lockpicks are fun

Good: No need to cut down trees every ten minutes.

Good: The repeater rifle is fucking awesome!

Ugly: Theres already hackers. When I played on wednesday someone kept stealing another players clothes and weapons and putting them outside. It happened like ten times. In the end the poor guy died of hypothermia, even though I made him a fire to warm him self by.

Edited by Killawife

For me the game is almost unplayable now. If I forget that it is much more laggy now which can be solved with reducing details and stuff, I have a big mouse issue. It seems that there is some sort of delay between my mouse movement and my character response. If I look around it lasts like 0,5 to 1s for my character to follow my orders. And that is something that makes the game barely playable. I haven´t met any player yet but I can imagine that once I will want to aim at someone it will be totally impossible for me to kill them.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? I haven´t seen anyone complaining about it yet.

Go to your game settings and turn "Aiming Deadzine" all the way down.

I'm having a problem where I can play fine for like 3 seconds, then I must bear 1 or 2 second of the game being freeze before I can enjoy another 3 seconds of uninterrupted gameplay.

I'm having a problem where I can play fine for like 3 seconds, then I must bear 1 or 2 second of the game being freeze before I can enjoy another 3 seconds of uninterrupted gameplay.

That sounds like a hard drive issue.  What are your PC specs?  

GOOD: There are certain servers with fucked up loot respawn system, and actually I found 5 (I repeat, five) press vests in a single building. Won't say where but I am sure some people already know it. Also loot seems to respawn 2-3 times more than it should (or was in previous patch after each restart).

I actually like the way there's a lot of loot everywhere now, if instead of making loot rare, they make it hard to get the loot safely because of the zombies I think it'd be a lot more fun, right now it's just go from building to building finding nothing(before .50) not even caring about zombies.