Vex_Vehix

| FOG's Crazy Community | 1PP | Persistence Disabled | All Playstyles Encouraged |

Yea, you and I may have went a tiny bit overboard, but fuck them, they forced us. Lol

We despise hackers, glitchers, etc...and when someone accuses us just because our guys spanked theirs....well, it SETS US OFF!

Lol

It was a calculated move on my part.. very manipulative.  :blush:

I want them to be mad and hunt us down on our server.. I want many clans to do this very thing.  B)

Its the culmination of my dream for [FOG].

1. form clan of friends, who enjoy killing others

2. make it a lasting success

3. create word of mouth for clan, either good or bad

4. get other clans to take notice of us

5. get those who take notice to either befriend or engage us

6. enjoy game from then on with little effort taken to find action and friends

#Winning

See, if they keep coming back for more.. its awesome for us. We love fighting. Thrive on it in fact. So if they keep coming back, and engaging everything that moves at our NWAF, then others will come back to get revenge on them.. circle of life. Its just beautiful how easy and smoothly it all went down. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Here is a quick update on our server:

Our Admins decided to turn off persistence since it wasn't working properly and it was causing issues with the server.

It's now setup for 2 hour restarts.

Because of these restarts there is loot EVERYWHERE and if you're a PvP fan it won't take you long to gear up and get in the fight.

It's been a full pop fairly frequently lately so there are enemies everywhere .  I was told that if it keeps getting maxed out at 40 that it may be changed to a 50 slot!!!

Now come visit and see what the FOG has to offer you :)

Like the old days...head west for the best!!!

Punisher

Edited by Punisher-Sir
  • Like 3

Here is a quick update on our server:

Our Admins decided to turn off persistence since it wasn't working properly and it was causing issues with the server.

It's now setup for 2 hour restarts.

Because of these restarts there is loot EVERYWHERE and if you're a PvP fan it won't take you long to gear up and get in the fight.

It's been a full pop fairly frequently lately so there are enemies everywhere .  I was told that if it keeps getting maxed out at 40 that it may be changed to a 50 slot!!!

Now come visit and see what the FOG has to offer you :)

Like the old days...head west for the best!!!

Punisher

Thanks Punisher. I checked out your server for a few hours last night. It runs really well for me. There were not that many people on at the time though for me but I geared up a freshie and made my way to Novod. I was bummed that persistence is off though. I'm still trying to get a handle on what types of things that persistence is doing to cause trouble. From a player standpoint it seems to be working very well for me. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. 

• Like 1

Thanks Punisher. I checked out your server for a few hours last night. It runs really well for me. There were not that many people on at the time though for me but I geared up a freshie and made my way to Novod. I was bummed that persistence is off though. I'm still trying to get a handle on what types of things that persistence is doing to cause trouble. From a player standpoint it seems to be working very well for me. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. 

Hi BigBo55,

I think I saw you on last night when I was on. 

We were having a few problems with persistence.  One is as a freshie there wasn't much loot to be had, not to bad for an experienced player but for someone that might be new to the game it was a bit discouraging. 

Then we had the area's with a loot explosion where nobody went, all this loot loaded down the server and caused unexpected crashes and poor performance.

Persistence was also only a weekly occurance because every Wednesday they wipe the server of loot so the only items that would remain were the ones on your character, so yes you could have a tent but the only way to keep it was to have it on your character on Wednesdays when they did the wipe.

Then there was the fact there were no helicopter spawns.

I've been told once they get the bugs ironed out we'll be going back to it.  It was really a bit of a downer for the clan, we had an area with supplies, backpack and tents and then when we went back it was all gone.

Punisher

Edited by Punisher-Sir
  • Like 2

I think we should make the title of the server state | NO PERSISTENCE | ... 

Instead of | PERSISTENCE OFF | ...

Simply because sometimes the name gets cut off, making you think this is a persistent server. If it has NO in front.. and all you can read is NO PERSI.. you can assume correctly, rather than incorrectly.

Id hate for people to join, loot forever, make a stash.. log out. Next day.. #FML. 

• Like 2

I think we should make the title of the server state | NO PERSISTENCE | ... 

Instead of | PERSISTENCE OFF | ...

Simply because sometimes the name gets cut off, making you think this is a persistent server. If it has NO in front.. and all you can read is NO PERSI.. you can assume correctly, rather than incorrectly.

Id hate for people to join, loot forever, make a stash.. log out. Next day.. #FML. 

I saw that it was off when I had joined. I was bummed out but I went in anyway to check it out. I'll be a regular there for sure because I am digging the private shard aspect.

• Like 2

I saw that it was off when I had joined. I was bummed out but I went in anyway to check it out. I'll be a regular there for sure because I am digging the private shard aspect.

Me as well. The private shard aspect is great because it eliminates ghosting, server hopping, & combat logging to an extent. & it also offers a place of like-minded people to consistently play together & form a community.

Punisher pretty much listed all of the reasons that persistence is off for the time being. Persistence itself (loot remaining in it's place after a server restart) works like a charm. It's the weekly Wednesday maintenance that really eliminates the purpose of it. That, & the server getting so bogged up with loot respawns to the point where performance suffers. Those are the biggies.

But, as Punisher also mentioned, once those bugs have been ironed out, persistence will be on once again. We're just waiting for it to become more stable.

• Like 3

"Why the long face, Jim?"

horses_in_stable.jpg

"Im afraid its going to be a long wait, before this whole thing is ... STABLE."

:P

• Like 1

"Why the long face, Jim?"

horses_in_stable.jpg

"Im afraid its going to be a long wait, before this whole thing is ... STABLE."

:P

The amount of puns in this post is unsettling...

• Like 2

Been playing on your server for a little while ( a few days) and it's pretty good!! Lone wolf there so I'm being careful with who I interact with.  Great server overall!! :thumbsup:  (If I ever find a cache somewhere, it's more likely that there will be more items when I leave then when I arrived as I like to give gifts! ;)  )

• Like 2

Been playing on your server for a little while ( a few days) and it's pretty good!! Lone wolf there so I'm being careful with who I interact with.  Great server overall!! :thumbsup:  (If I ever find a cache somewhere, it's more likely that there will be more items when I leave then when I arrived as I like to give gifts! ;)  )

Thanks Odin :)

Although I can't speak for all of our clan members, if we happen to see you in game, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you don't get shot. lol

• Like 3

Thanks Odin :)

Although I can't speak for all of our clan members, if we happen to see you in game, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you don't get shot. lol

:lol:  Haha!! Thanks Blunce!! No problem really. I know I'll die and I don't mind at all, but I have to say that with the private shards, small community created within private servers is something I really enjoy!! I spoke to ForsakenSpirit too, and planning a meet up eventually.

I know I'm gonna get shot a lot of times, but I'll always try to talk to the players I encounter in any chance it's another forum member I know. (Or a non-hostile player) I'll post any interesting encounters I get.

Take care Blunce and have a good one man!

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

I do not play stable very much, prefer the experimental right now, but when I do I'm usually on FOG's server.  Runs great and I'm glad to see you guys up the player count to 40.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 3

:lol:  Haha!! Thanks Blunce!! No problem really. I know I'll die and I don't mind at all, but I have to say that with the private shards, small community created within private servers is something I really enjoy!!

This is why I like private shards as well -- feels much more personal.

I spoke to ForsakenSpirit too, and planning a meet up eventually.

Is this going to be on the FOG server?

I know I'm gonna get shot a lot of times, but I'll always try to talk to the players I encounter in any chance it's another forum member I know. (Or a non-hostile player) I'll post any interesting encounters I get.

Take care Blunce and have a good one man!

I hear you man, I try to do the same but sometimes the itchy trigger fingers of my clanmates spoil it for me lol. Do you go by Odin Lowe in-game? If not, what's your in-game name? Unless you don't want to disclose that to me.  B)

& thank you brother, you have a good one as well.

• Like 3

I do not play stable very much, prefer the experimental right now, but when I do I'm usually on FOG's server.  Runs great and I'm glad to see you guys up the player count to 40.

Thanks for the feedback Caboose -- glad you're liking it. The player count will likely increase to 50 in the future if we maintain our popularity  ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback Caboose -- glad you're liking it. The player count will likely increase to 50 in the future if we maintain our popularity  ;)

Besides ZAP, you guys are pretty much the last remaining first person only servers with a population.  

• Like 2

Besides ZAP, you guys are pretty much the last remaining first person only servers with a population.  

Hmm, this is news to me. I spend so much time on our server, I never needed to look for another one to the point where I had never noticed that there's so few. Good time to be in the market I suppose.

• Like 3

This is why I like private shards as well -- feels much more personal.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is this going to be on the FOG server?    Yes

Do you go by Odin Lowe in-game?    Yes, always! B)  (Unless I have to use another name to create a character on a private locked/whitelisted role play server. The French seem to really enjoy these. :lol: )

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

The amount of puns in this post is unsettling...

LOL.. its like one of those drawings where you try to find all the mistakes.  :lol:

Ive seen you and several other forum members joining and playing lately.. and we love it man! 

FYI though.. be very, very careful anywhere near the NWAF and any other military installations. All of them are quite hot with enemy contact of all types even when the server is low pop. 

Other than that, its great to have you playing on our server Odin.. its been a very nice cheat and hack free environment for us so far, and having more players to interact with and hide from/chase down is exactly what we are looking for on our server. Make yourself at home!  ;)

• Like 3

as of recently he hasn't been on good terms with a few of our members

Thats not really entirely true.. :blush:

I personally have made it a mission to piss them off enough to where they constantly hunt us down near the NWAF area. So its not that he isnt on good terms with me, I dont even know the guy.. its more so about rivalry, that from our end.. I would hope FOG members realize that the whole thing is calculated. I mean, we actually talked about this a week before that clan match if you remember me saying as much.. that Id rather them just hunt us down all the time, blah, blah, blah. 

When Spirit posted the video showing him personally state within 2-3 seconds of me talking in sidechat, "he must be glitched" .. well I mean he opened the door right there for me to egg him on and build this rivalry. Outside of the making sure my clanmates know we are all on the same team, and that honestly I could care less if he got upset and accused us of something we never do.. I am just trying to get another clan to join our server with blood in their eyes and hate in their hearts to keep things interesting for us... without the fear of stupid hackers and cheats. 

:)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Other than that, its great to have you playing on our server Odin.. its been a very nice cheat and hack free environment for us so far, and having more players to interact with and hide from/chase down is exactly what we are looking for on our server. Make yourself at home!  ;)

This for me is the BEST thing about having a private shard!  This is the longest I've gone on a full pop without being killed by a hacker.  Before when I joined a high pop first person public server like ZAP or any of the others I wouldn't make it more than 30 minutes before a hacker would kill our group.

Punisher

• Like 2

FOG!

Edited by Vex_Vehix

This is why I like private shards as well -- feels much more personal.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is this going to be on the FOG server?    Yes

Do you go by Odin Lowe in-game?    Yes, always! B)  (Unless I have to use another name to create a character on a private locked/whitelisted role play server. The French seem to really enjoy these. :lol: )

Odin!

Welcome, glad you are enjoying the time spent in our server.

Hopefully we meet (without KoS) some time. ;)

• Like 2

I'm passionate about FOG.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1