SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Dammit chain stop ninja-info the community (I was gonna post that lol ) ! But I'm so glad and excited , I wonder if it will be mainly fixed or a mix of new stuff and fixes ? :)

Dear stable fellas, you have been good company, but we will go seperate ways again very soon....

It's been real. Time to get back to "our" corner of the forum ;)

Dammit chain stop ninja-info the community (I was gonna post that lol )

I was half an hour ahead of you. If you call that Ninja'd, you must have the reaction time of a glacier :D

Nah i just have a day off and thus the time to stalk Eugen on twitter.

Nah i just have a day off and thus the time to stalk Eugen on twitter.

I'm done with work early today. Any time I have the day off or limited hours on Wednesdays, I can't help but sit and watch online feverishly for updates.

Hey I was eating breakfast :0 it's time for glaciers to sleep still 'round here lawl ... But does anyone have any speculation as to what might be on the next experimental ? I would love to see a buff to how many hits it takes to take down a locked door :) .

People experiencing or having questions regarding Christmas loot, lack of loot, bugged persistence, or having doubts about the loot economy and how it's being dealt with in regards to the development roadmap should take a little time to read this post by Eugene.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214975-reddit-eugen-excessive-loot-economy-persistence-issues/

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Remain patient, folks...

• Like 1

It seems wells are still broken in stable.  And I have to leave in an hour for an appointment followed by a date with the laundry mat, so please keep experimental down for at least five more hours ( B) ).  Thanks Obama.

Edited by Barnabus

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2m3dse/small_delay_with_some_new_tech_should_be_no_more/cm0l1x4

Eugen: "no vehicles yet, just wait :) its gonna get there."

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Just kidding, I'd rather wait until they're "ready". I would think we should start seeing the parts added to the game soon, though.

Well it's kind of disappointing but we all know they like to touch up things a good bit before releasing , so let's hope we see some pretty v3s's soon on another weeks experimental update maybe ? :) thanksgiving surprise ?

Yehaw, update incoming now! and I have to go

Hmm, it's gone insane, battle eye is loopy

People still use Twitter? 

Someone explain to me what the point of adding in tons of loot items is when the frame rate tanks any time you turn to look at a lootable area and the game is a buggier mess than the mod...?

On a i5 2500K and a GTX 760 the fps goes from 150 to as low as 15 from just turning around to look at an area with buildings off in the distance.

After one year, the game is still fundamentally broken at it's core, even on the most basic levels. These are the things from the mod that the players of the mod wanted fixed, yet they haven't been.

All we wanted was the mod, with the main glaring, game breaking bugs fixed, with a bit more content/polish. Surely 2 years is ample time to do that?

Encountered 3 infected in 2 hours, the animations combined with the hit detection, along with the horrible frame rate made these encounters as painful as they were laughably bad.

The mod had better optimization (and it's optimization was shit), the infected and the way that they spawned was much better than it currently is, melee was workable and hit detection seemed a hell of a lot better too.

Address the core issues and stop adding continual fluff to a turd to try and pretty it up. A pretty turd still stinks just as much as a regular one.

I don't understand how you get 776 posts into this forum without some understanding of, "IA*"

* It's Alpha

Brian Hicks @Hicks_206 Follow

If you're experiencing invisible zombies, or etc (Wells not functioning) Looks like some servers had issues with Steam CDN. Working on it.

1:37 PM - 5 Nov 2014

Dry wells is a glitch.

I agree with the rest of your rant though.

Also, I'm told this build is set to September, which is cool temps in the CZ.

cheers big ears...

also I have no idea wtf u are talking about with September... and your attitude sucks princess.

cheers big ears...

also I have no idea wtf u are talking about with September... and your attitude sucks princess.

Hey, go back and read what I wrote, grumpy.

I lobbed no insults and offered good information (Edit: in fact a moderator gave me beans for the post).

New guys picking flame wars get reported now.

Done.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention September than you're not aware of how seasons/weather play a part in DayZ, Princess.

Edited by BioHaze

Why do all the servers say they are unable to connect to the hive?

Despite what you may choose to believe, DayZ has been in principle development for a little over a year now. You may have wanted "the mod with some polish and security fixes" but this is not what we chose to put out, nor is it what we represent the title as on the Steam store.

It was decided that rather than produce a beefed up version of the mod that DayZ would instead start from the ground up with source access to the base engine, the time and manpower to take this and create a new and proper engine designed around what the vision and scope of DayZ should be, and expand greatly upon the systems and simulation powering that experience.

This has and will allow us to support and extend the world and gameplay of DayZ to the scope that the DayZ development team endeavored to do from the beginning, and lay a proper foundation for DayZ to support both the service (the hybrid MMO side of DayZ) and the platform (User generated content via mods/steamworks) past 1.0.

The duration of the development cycle, and fair warning that gameplay and the experience will be rocky and problematic during the Early Access period is openly communicated, and in many situations aggressively branded (even to the point of discouraging purchasing of the title for those unwilling to deal with the potential gamebreaking issues during this phase).

I'm sorry you feel you are not getting the experience your purchase in the Steam store offered - but I am confident we communicate both the state of the development , and the type of product offered in the Steam store as well as our external communications.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I loved the mod and got a ton of my friends playing it early on, and it was some of the most enjoyable, memorable gaming experiences of my life, exploring and trying to survive with them.

I just haven't had that experience in the standalone, and the severe lack of infected, and performance issues/bugs with the engine are really, really difficult to see past.

At the end of the day, you can't build a house on shaky foundations. My expectations were not that high. Far from unrealistic. I just wanted the main, game breaking bugs with the engine addressed.

You may be being very open about the development, but at the same time, for people like myself that are just checking in every now and again (as opposed to stalking your every word), it is hard to keep track of progress and then we get our heads bit off for making that observation that not much appears to have changed.

Why do all the servers say they are unable to connect to the hive?

Ignore it, its an issue with .50 and BEC but your character will load just fine. 

Anyone have problems with drinking from wells? I havn't played in a bit but coming back I cannot get water from wells.

Yes its an issue with .50 but its already confirmed that in .51 experimental it is fixed. 

• Like 1

whats in this new patch out today or is it just a patched patch?

Edited by sav112

I'm not aware of any new patch as of today (Thursday). Yesterday they released 0.51 to experimental:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214990-twitter-eugen-experimental-client-is-up-and-live-3375-mb-download-enjoy/ 

Possible hotfix for the water pumps maybe?  Going back to stable to check it out.

That is a negative on the water pump.  Sounds like someone is just a little late to the patch.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Thanks for checking on that. I was hoping it was a hotfix for the water pumps as well but since they've been broke I have been finding lots of ponds and trying my best to store them in my brain for future reference :P 

Thanks for checking on that. I was hoping it was a hotfix for the water pumps as well but since they've been broke I have been finding lots of ponds and trying my best to store them in my brain for future reference :P

Hopefully the experimental branch, which happens to be performing 100x's better than stable, will be pushed out next week.  Fix all the broken shit this last patch caused

Yeah wells are broken. I'm hoping they add a hotfix to that, the bug where loot can't be picked up or bodies can't be looted and the bugged heli crash sites. Have the devs mentioned a 0.50 hotfix at all?