sketch814

Do you guys like the locked doors idea?

I don't know. I like how Dayz is suppose to be realistic and not too fake, but the idea of locked doors doesn't seem right for me. I understand how military places should be locked up but regular buildings in a town or fire stations should not be locked up. The only way lots of buildings should be locked up is only if the lockpick is very common or unless there are many ways to open doors with basic items. I know fire axes and crow bars can open doors, but I don't see those too often, let alone in a regular home which I would need to open other buildings up with

What are your thoughts?

I don't know. I like how Dayz is suppose to be realistic and not too fake, but the idea of locked doors doesn't seem right for me. I understand how military places should be locked up but regular buildings in a town or fire stations should not be locked up. The only way lots of buildings should be locked up is only if the lockpick is very common or unless there are many ways to open doors with basic items. I know fire axes and crow bars can open doors, but I don't see those too often, let alone in a regular home which I would need to open other buildings up with

What are your thoughts?

Actually I really like the idea of locked doors. Especially because of how loot re-spawn could work. Those places that are hard to access because they spawned locked could have better stuff inside because people couldn't get to it. 

Id like to see that implemented randomly on server restart TBH.

You neglect to state WHY you think they should not be locked up? Do you lock your doors when you leave your house? I know that a lot of Canadians do not, but in America even in more rural areas we generally lock our doors when we are out.

Edited by Judopunch
  • Like 1

I like the locked doors. It gives me peace of mind especially if I need to stop for a little while to eat and drink or organize my inventory. I treat it as a first line of defense. The minute I hear someone banging on the door I can get ready for a fight if they don't leave when asked.

Plus, if I come up on a door that is locked it gives me a heads up that someone might be inside.

So long as the buildings don't start off locked. I think that the only locked doors should be the doors players lock themselves.

Those are my pennies anyway.

• Like 1

Wait, so buildings don't start locked up? I thought buildings spawned locked up and you had to find tools in order to get in and get the loot. If players can only lock the doors, then i'm for this!

Wait, so buildings don't start locked up? I thought buildings spawned locked up and you had to find tools in order to get in and get the loot. If players can only lock the doors, then i'm for this!

No, they have to be locked by a player.

That's been my experience with it anyway.

• Like 3

No, they have to be locked by a player.

That's been my experience with it anyway.

Alright, i'm all for it then, because I think it's great to loot every building with ease. Makes it much more fun

• Like 1

Alright, i'm all for it then, because I think it's great to loot every building with ease. Makes it much more fun

Nothing is supposed to be easy

#casual

• Like 1

The only bad thing I think that could come from this would be combat logging.

Example, players sniping from the windows at a control tower on one of the airfields. They lock the door and just shoot everyone that approaches. As soon as someone starts trying to break down the locked door, the players just combat log and by the time the attackers are inside, the defenders have left the server.

• Like 1

Doors should be randomly locked then. When people leave buildings, they lock doors.

Example, players sniping from the windows at a control tower on one of the airfields. They lock the door and just shoot everyone that approaches. As soon as someone starts trying to break down the locked door, the players just combat log and by the time the attackers are inside, the defenders have left the server.

That's why they should just make it so you can't log off or in a locked building , it slightly breaks immersion for a second but it's the only sensible solution to problems like that or the opposite ; kids who are sick of getting sniped by a sniper in a locked tower , the ones getting killed could try to log off outside and go on another server and log off in the tower where the sniper is but as soon as they log in to the server the snipers in they will find themselves respawned outside of the tower on the street somewhere close to it , that way the ONLY way to get into locked rooms is to destroy the lock or hack the doors down which is coming ...

And I honestly would LOVE to see default locked doors with a 10-15 percent extra chance to spawn a gun or something valuable seeing as it's locked :) . It would just make for a good experience, not only would we be able to raid peoples locked bases but we could also find some houses as a fresh spawn that might not have any people inside just good loot but the thing is you have to find the tools to open it and take the risk of someone being in there (as you won't know the difference between a player locked house and a default locked house).

• Like 2

Shoot the door to break the lock(or hit it with an axe), and kill him during his log out animation. I dont think the scenario you created is relevant considering the way locked doors work right now.

• Like 1

I don't know any Canadian that doesn't lock their door lol Where'd this info come from?

• Like 1

The only thing is people are gonna force feed people to health and lock them in buildings, as fun as that might seem for some, waiting for 2 hours to starve to death won't be

I think it can make for some interesting situations. And added safety if you manage to find a lockpick.

If they bring in player-lockable doors and such then there needs to be counters. Lockpicks are a given, but really BRING BACK THE SATCHEL CHARGE! :D

I don't know any Canadian that doesn't lock their door lol Where'd this info come from?

That absurd M.Moore hatchetjob 'Bowling for Columbine'. There is an asinine scene in the burbs of Toronto where he just walks into people's homes and they're all like 'hey man'. I always lock my doors and so does everyone I know. You'd have to be an idiot not to. :)

• Like 1

That absurd M.Moore hatchetjob 'Bowling for Columbine'. There is an asinine scene in the burbs of Toronto where he just walks into people's homes and they're all like 'hey man'. I always lock my doors and so does everyone I know. You'd have to be an idiot not to. :)

i only lock my doors at night. and even then hardly ever. but i do have a fenced in yard with a 130lb dog

Locked doors sound decent in theory, but I can see how they'd end up being abused.

People would end up trolling just as they did with barbwire. They'd go in, lock the doors, log out of the server and in to another so they could then leave the building.