Sign in to follow this  
drjuanitor

Why do the majority of players i encounter suck?

So yes, im salty. Im really fucking salty. Because when I used to play this game before it blew up, the player base was decent. Not every 12 year old i encountered was a shoot on sight prick. I dont understand how that's fun to anyone to just simply kill every player that they see. Its not call of duty. In fact, you're not even helping the development of the game if your only motive is to hop on, server hop 30 million times, just to kill everyone along the way while you loot every military loot spawn. Since the newest Stable update, i have been shot on sight or have had people go, "oh you're friendly? im friendly to. here have some ammo." *take ammo* "oh also, fuck you guy". (you are dead). Lets fucking stop making this game geared towards those 12 year olds by not playing death match, unless the server says, "DEATHMATCH! FUCK EVERYONE!!!". Ive made some close internet buddies by not being an asshole and letting people live.

During my conquest to find the lever action rifle, ive been killed probably 4-5 times on third person servers. I have had bambi gear to moderately geared stuff. But the people decide to just shit on me. Many times when i choose to be a good guy. Is it wrong to be a good guy in this game? Because it's really hard for me to be a shitter, but for the majority it seems really easy to be. Do i need to be a shitter now?

Lastly, not all of them are 12 year olds. Alot of them are teenaged to about early twenties that also do this douche baggery. Come on guys. Lets be cool and make this game not suck dick because of the players.

• Like 16

Sorry you died in a game with a focus on surviving both players and the environment.

To use your mindset: grow up and realize shit happens. If you want a pve game, left for dead 2 still has a decent amount of action.

• Like 8

So yes, im salty. Im really fucking salty. Because when I used to play this game before it blew up, the player base was decent. Not every 12 year old i encountered was a shoot on sight prick. I dont understand how that's fun to anyone to just simply kill every player that they see. Its not call of duty. In fact, you're not even helping the development of the game if your only motive is to hop on, server hop 30 million times, just to kill everyone along the way while you loot every military loot spawn. Since the newest Stable update, i have been shot on sight or have had people go, "oh you're friendly? im friendly to. here have some ammo." *take ammo* "oh also, fuck you guy". (you are dead). Lets fucking stop making this game geared towards those 12 year olds by not playing death match, unless the server says, "DEATHMATCH! FUCK EVERYONE!!!". Ive made some close internet buddies by not being an asshole and letting people live.

During my conquest to find the lever action rifle, ive been killed probably 4-5 times on third person servers. I have had bambi gear to moderately geared stuff. But the people decide to just shit on me. Many times when i choose to be a good guy. Is it wrong to be a good guy in this game? Because it's really hard for me to be a shitter, but for the majority it seems really easy to be. Do i need to be a shitter now?

Lastly, not all of them are 12 year olds. Alot of them are teenaged to about early twenties that also do this douche baggery. Come on guys. Lets be cool and make this game not suck dick because of the players.

You aren't going to get much sympathy here, unfortunately. I agree with you, for what it is worth.

The reason (One of them, in all seriousness) KoS-knucklefuckery is do prevalent right now is because there is little else to do.

1) Survival is bare-bones squared right now. Once you get a rain-jacket, you are effectively "all set" (which shouldn't be the case)

2) There are, IMHO, too many weapons, and too much of a focus on negative player-player interaction. Give a man a fish, and he will scream at you over VOIP and beat you to death with it because of "boredom". Give a player a set of handcuffs, and he will handcuff you and force feed you things. Give a player a box of ammo, and he will hunt down players to kill (because shooting zombies is a "waste of bullets"

3) Zombies are essentially a non-threat.

4) You can server-hop for gear FAR too easily, making "survival" and "loot scarcity" essentially moot. Server hop for a couple of hours, get an AKM and enough magazines to supply an Iraqi militia.

5) Little to no focus on group survival, positive player-player interaction and so forth. No construction, agriculture, industry, trading (NOTE: almost all of these are forthcoming)

Check out my content for some of the ideas I had to prompt grouping up, as well as actual ideas behind gear production, and "reasons" for organized PvP.

• Like 9

Sorry you died in a game with a focus on surviving both players and the environment.

To use your mindset: grow up and realize shit happens. If you want a pve game, left for dead 2 still has a decent amount of action.

Its not that i dont want any PVP. I just want to feel rewarded for not being a complete douche bag everytime i see another player. I dont want any sympathy. I just wanted to rant. And to also share my opinion that the apparent 70% of players out there who play this just feed off of playing just to kill everyone the see.

• Like 1

You aren't going to get much sympathy here, unfortunately. I agree with you, for what it is worth.

The reason (One of them, in all seriousness) KoS-knucklefuckery is do prevalent right now is because there is little else to do.

1) Survival is bare-bones squared right now. Once you get a rain-jacket, you are effectively "all set" (which shouldn't be the case)

2) There are, IMHO, too many weapons, and too much of a focus on negative player-player interaction. Give a man a fish, and he will scream at you over VOIP and beat you to death with it because of "boredom". Give a player a set of handcuffs, and he will handcuff you and force feed you things. Give a player a box of ammo, and he will hunt down players to kill (because shooting zombies is a "waste of bullets"

3) Zombies are essentially a non-threat.

4) You can server-hop for gear FAR too easily, making "survival" and "loot scarcity" essentially moot. Server hop for a couple of hours, get an AKM and enough magazines to supply an Iraqi militia.

5) Little to no focus on group survival, positive player-player interaction and so forth. No construction, agriculture, industry, trading (NOTE: almost all of these are forthcoming)

Check out my content for some of the ideas I had to prompt grouping up, as well as actual ideas behind gear production, and "reasons" for organized PvP.

See i love it when i get fucked around with. Instead of getting the upper hand on me and shooting me, just rob me, or do other weird things to me. Make it entertaining for me to die. When i record dayz with or without friends, nothing ever happens except for the games wobblyness fucking over me or the other guy, or me getting KOS'd when i clearly have good intentions. That's why i never upload videos. The footage is always the same. I wish i had the same experience of other players out there who seem to always find the 30-50% (im just making numbers up to exagerate) who are cool, like minded people who will atleast make for an entertaining situation.

• Like 2

Cause people generally suck, hell I generally suck. Soon there will be RP servers (legit ones) and that sounds like a thing you would be into

• Like 2

Also, as stated, i was very salty when i first posted this, because i just found some good stuff, helped this dude who was bleeding, and then i was shot dead by his partner whos gun was aimed down. So excuse my asshatted post to that extent, and look more at how why players need to not just shoot on sight. If you ask me, "hey, im going to kill you unless you engage in a fair fight with our guns out." im going to say yes, probably because they'll kill me if i dont, but also because the firefights that you potentially can get into if you're not just shot on sight can be exciting and fun. Hell, the Mod wasn't even this bad.

So yes, im salty...bla bla

Short answer...atm there are more reasons to kill u than reasons to not kill u.

As the game developes we will hopefully get more reasons to not KoS and many of those that KoS now, will reduce that behaviour. Some, like me, will never stop KoS...cos its the playstyle I enjoy and many others enjoy it too. And that is how it should be.

But if u ask me....development should be directed at reducing KoS behaviour by rewarding the opposite. Im not gonna suggest what those rewards should be, cos I dont care...I will kill u anyway and most likely eat u. But u obviously care...so find the KoS thread and pour ur heart out.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 3

So yes, im salty. Im really fucking salty. Because when I used to play this game before it blew up, the player base was decent. 

Before it blew up. There is your problem. 

I played the mod way before it blew up, and the player base was vastly different.

But, it comes with numbers. The more popular a game is, the more it's going to attract little kids and pricks.

The mod has been turning into a deathmatch month by month as it got popular, and it passed over to the standalone. 

What you can do though, is wait for private whitelisted servers. Not only will it stop the scripters (if the whitelist application was decent enough), but there will be a community of people that you know are mature and that you can have fun with.

That is what i'm going to to anyways. 

• Like 4

What is there to do other than kill people?  Be friends?  Hunt boar? Go fishing?  Make a fire in the woods?  Run around looting bases and not killing anyone?  How stale would SA be if that were the majority of how people went about it right now.

Once the game increases the content and "things to do" people will be more friendly.

But, it comes with numbers. The more popular a game is, the more it's going to attract little kids and pricks.

The mod has been turning into a deathmatch month by month as it got popular, and it passed over to the standalone.

What comes with numbers is funding to make quality games, so don't spit in the well you are drinking from. Also the general rule in life is that in any larger circile of people you'll find a verity of people who do not share your language, culture, occupation, maturity etc. Those leads to different views on what is good gameplay/entertainment.

It is never a good idea to generalize. For example your "kid\prick" playstyle can fit working man with limited time, and full list of buddies on teamspeak, who can't careless about whiny voiced kids bothering him. While your "mature\hero" can be needy kids still living on his mama couch, looking for some human contact.

Anyway, we got the tools, people just need to pick and choose their friends/servers and stop whining..

• Like 3

And if you want a PVP one Nether still has vacancies.

We have a right to play the game the way WE want too.

I prefer to play as a Survivor/Helper Its more fun for me.

• Like 1

Short answer...atm there are more reasons to kill u than reasons to not kill u.

As the game developes we will hopefully get more reasons to not KoS and many of those that KoS now, will reduce that behaviour. Some, like me, will never stop KoS...cos its the playstyle I enjoy and many others enjoy it too. And that is how it should be.

But if u ask me....development should be directed at reducing KoS behaviour by rewarding the opposite. Im not gonna suggest what those rewards should be, cos I dont care...I will kill u anyway and most likely eat u. But u obviously care...so find the KoS thread and pour ur heart out.

If canabalism was an option that both negatively affected and positively affected you, than yes, that would be a much more logical reason to KOS. But if you're going to KOS me, then why do most just spray. (I say 'you're' as in the general KOS player, not you specifically) I know what happens when the first two bullets hit. They ruin everything once they hit. So its annoying. I do apologize for sounding like an absolute cunt, but it just annoys me that i never have positive interactions.

• Like 1

Before it blew up. There is your problem. 

I played the mod way before it blew up, and the player base was vastly different.

What you can do though, is wait for private whitelisted servers. Not only will it stop the scripters (if the whitelist application was decent enough), but there will be a community of people that you know are mature and that you can have fun with.

That is what i'm going to to anyways. 

I was also over generalizing the little kid thing. Although many that i've come into contact have been blatant assholes, they seem to also be the most willing to interact friendishly.

And if you want a PVP one Nether still has vacancies.

We have a right to play the game the way WE want too.

I prefer to play as a Survivor/Helper Its more fun for me.

holy shit. Nether. That fucking game. I tried. I tried sooooooo hard. But once you spawn in, you either get butt fucked by 20 monsters, or your shot out of no where. Even if you have nothing.

Ideally allot of those douchebags will get bored and move on to the latest pvp shooter, whatever that may be - then maybe the % of douchebags will even out with the people who like interaction - we can hope 8)

• Like 1

holy shit. Nether. That fucking game. I tried. I tried sooooooo hard. But once you spawn in, you either get butt fucked by 20 monsters, or your shot out of no where. Even if you have nothing.

I always view a (Lets play) of every game before I buy. After 5 mins of Nether I vowed NEVER. And 7days2 Die the same. BOTH utter tripe.

I'm 29 and I love to KOS.  I some times also don't and that's fun too, but most of the time I do.  It's fun, it's part of the game, and a large appeal to many people (many of which aren't 12).

I'm sorry our playstyles don't match up, but I'm not asking you to stop doing whatever it is you enjoy, so don't ask me to.  I don't play this game for your enjoyment, I play it for my own (and my friends).  

• Like 1

Why can't people accept that there is a KoS topic for these discussions instead of tryin to mask it under the guise of some other unrelated topic that won't make yet another KoS topic? Do u think ur being clever? Are you that needy that you need one of these just for yourself?

Edited by JubeiDOK

Its not that i dont want any PVP. I just want to feel rewarded for not being a complete douche bag everytime i see another player. I dont want any sympathy. I just wanted to rant. And to also share my opinion that the apparent 70% of players out there who play this just feed off of playing just to kill everyone the see.

Just wondering, whats the location of your last 5 deaths? For science.

In the Mod the Side Chat was very useful for speaking to players before you came face to face

It was misused because players could voice talk over it, some did all the time ..

A Side chat in text-only would change the DayZ game in my view.

Everyone I've met this year has shot at me first, and either missed (and died) or killed me.. or .. both.. whatever..

- one exception, a starving guy with no weapons who did NOT try to punch me out and stood a reasonable distance away to talk

(I gave him some open cans of food and got out of there fast - he scared me)

So a side chat without voice - side chat text only - would be interesting, and provide the vital opportunity to decide (estimate, plan) what happens next, before it happens..  ( you can always still lie and fake over side chat, dudes, no problem, it makes for interesting and informative and funny situations). Anyone remember that in the Mod?

Maybe even side chat with limited range... but at least 1 kilometer or 2.

( don't mention radios, we all know about those.. anyone ever heard a voice? sent out calls ? got a reply? from a radio? ... nah )

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

In the Mod the Side Chat was very useful for speaking to players before you came face to face

It was misused because players could voice talk over it, some did all the time ..

Everyone I've met this year has shot at me first, and either missed (and died) or killed me.. or .. both.. whatever..

- one exception, a starving guy with no weapons who did NOT try to punch me out and stood a reasonable distance away to talk

So a side chat without voice - side chat text only - would be interesting, and provide the vital opportunity to decide (estimate, plan) what happens next, before it happens..  ( you can always still lie and fake over side chat, dudes, no problem, it makes for interesting and informative and funny situations). Anyone remember that in the Mod?

( don't mention radios, we all know about those.. anyone ever heard a voice? sent out calls ? got a reply? from a radio? ... nah )

xx pilgrim

Exactly! I'd love to chat on a walkie-talkie and have someone answer back. I play a hero, so it doesn't matter to me if they're a bandit or not. If you see WhiskeyTango (on Experimental) say hi on the default channel.

Side chat text for at least 1km radius, no voice. God, that would be great.

• Like 1

xx pilgrim

Radios =P

In all seriousness though, if radios were more common and perhaps some other improvements on implementation this is the role they should play.  This is actually how they function in arma 3 epoch, and people make use of them.

The issue as it stands is:

-They aren't common enough that the majority of players end up with them

-They take a battery to get working, which isn't bad we all start with one, but most people toss theirs and finding one on the ground is sorta a pain at times

-Both a radio and a battery take up inventory slots (before being combined obviously), which are valuable.  In arma 3 epoch (and just arma in general) radios take up a tool slot.  Most people toss their battery because with the initial limited inventory you don't want to bother.  Then by the time you find a radio you don't wanna bother searching one out, or have better use for the inventory the radio itself would take.

-They've been very inconsistent in working or not, so people kinda gave up on them I think.

Any ways, if they could just iron out some of the kinks it would work fine and be a whole lot better than a mystical side chat.  It also has the nice benefit of allowing people to opt into it or not, because a lot of people dislike side.

• Like 2