jdh3nz9

Can we give sporter 22 attatchments?

Please, maybe then it wouldn't be such a crappy gun, or at least make it hold at least 5 bullets like the mosin.

There are a couple of different magazines for it - it's not so crap then.

• Like 2

There are a couple of different magazines for it - it's not so crap then.

Agreed, I actually quite like the sporter.  As for attachments I think just a few separate optic variants would please me.

• Like 1

I'm fine with Sporter as it is except that mags are still rather rare, or mostly spawning in police stations, while I would expect them in civilian buildings.

Still, I think it would be better if they added PU scopes for the sporter.

Some kind of short range scope or even a RDS would be nice, as well as a silencer (when they function) and maybe a flashlight (weather it's a rail light or ducktape and a flashlight).  The mags for the sporter are rare, but it's still a good zombie gun.  Not really sure if the PU scope would 'fit' on a 10/22 without a bit of gunsmithing.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to have a short range scope. An improvised flashlight would be cool too. Duck tape + flashlight. I also agree that magazines are difficult to find, and you would think they would be common in residential buildings. And I'd like to point out that even for a .22 this gun feels weak. I own a .22 and have fired thousands of rounds with it. It may seem weak compared to other firearms, but it is still a lethal weapon. A single shot to the cranium would likely be fatal, and I don't think anyone is going to keep coming at you if you put a few rounds in any other area of their body. The sound is also off. For some reason, the sporter sounds more like a bb gun or pellet gun. It is true that .22s are considerably quieter than most other firearms, but it is much louder in real life than it is in game. Unless you have a silencer or something, which I have never seen on a .22 rifle, you're going to hear this gun the better part of a mile away, possibly more depending on wind conditions. Not trying to bitch at all, I know, work in progress, alpha, etc. Just offering a little perspective from someone who has a lot of experience with this weapon type in real life.

• Like 2

I think its about time sporter gets some attachments since it's already almost a useless weapon, like a PU scope or a silencer. I'd also like it being able to be spray painted.

Merged.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to have a short range scope. An improvised flashlight would be cool too. Duck tape + flashlight. I also agree that magazines are difficult to find, and you would think they would be common in residential buildings. And I'd like to point out that even for a .22 this gun feels weak. I own a .22 and have fired thousands of rounds with it. It may seem weak compared to other firearms, but it is still a lethal weapon. A single shot to the cranium would likely be fatal, and I don't think anyone is going to keep coming at you if you put a few rounds in any other area of their body. The sound is also off. For some reason, the sporter sounds more like a bb gun or pellet gun. It is true that .22s are considerably quieter than most other firearms, but it is much louder in real life than it is in game. Unless you have a silencer or something, which I have never seen on a .22 rifle, you're going to hear this gun the better part of a mile away, possibly more depending on wind conditions. Not trying to bitch at all, I know, work in progress, alpha, etc. Just offering a little perspective from someone who has a lot of experience with this weapon type in real life.

You know what the Sporter sounds like? It sounds EXACTLY like a .22 does when you have shooting headphones on. I believe whoever put the sound effect in chose the one they thought sounded most like the "Real thing" they shot at the range.

Still, I think it would be better if they added PU scopes for the sporter.

There is no way to add a russian side mount scope on the sporter. That would be silly.

They need scope rings so that guns with drilled receivers can mount optics. I sporter 22 with scope and 30rd mag would be sweet.

Being able to take apart the sporter, so we end up something like this:

Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg

I'd say that would make the Sporter 22 so much better in versatility

• Like 1

You know what the Sporter sounds like? It sounds EXACTLY like a .22 does when you have shooting headphones on. I believe whoever put the sound effect in chose the one they thought sounded most like the "Real thing" they shot at the range.

What do you mean by shooting headphones? Those earmuff things people wear for hearing protection at the range? I've used them before but prefer ear plugs. Never used either while shooting a .22, only when sighting in larger rifles. No need for them with a .22. But that's beside the point.

My point is that the .22 is missing that gunshot sound, which anyone who has fired one knows it has. Just sounds like a pellet gun I had as a kid.

Hello there

There are so many different customisation kits for the .22 Id like to see it have a load more attachments.

Bullpup anyone?

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Being able to take apart the sporter, so we end up something like this:

-snip-

I'd say that would make the Sporter 22 so much better in versatility

That's the Takedown, not all 10/22s can breakdown like that.  Think the takedown's relatively new.

Hello there

There are so many different customisation kits for the .22 Id like to see it have a load more attachments.

Bullpup anyone?

-snip-

rgds

LoK

That would be pretty cool, wondering how they'ed do it though.  IE if they make the kit a 'stock attachment' that changes the weapon up a bit.  Would also allow other kits to be brought in (with permission) though for simplictiy they should probably limit it to a 'tactical/taticool' model like you showed, the standard stock we have now, and a plastic/snyth takedown stock like Draco suggested (though I'm pretty sure it don't work like that IRL).

• Like 1

What do you mean by shooting headphones? Those earmuff things people wear for hearing protection at the range? I've used them before but prefer ear plugs. Never used either while shooting a .22, only when sighting in larger rifles. No need for them with a .22. But that's beside the point.

My point is that the .22 is missing that gunshot sound, which anyone who has fired one knows it has. Just sounds like a pellet gun I had as a kid.

Yes, the earmuffs. I don't use them when i'm shooting alone, but as i live in the city i go to an outdoor range where people shoot everything from BB guns to .50s on benches 3ft apart. So yeah, i wear heavy hearing protection. But a .22 sounds about EXACTLY like it does ingame with earmuffs on, but slightly sharper.

Yes, the earmuffs. I don't use them when i'm shooting alone, but as i live in the city i go to an outdoor range where people shoot everything from BB guns to .50s on benches 3ft apart. So yeah, i wear heavy hearing protection. But a .22 sounds about EXACTLY like it does ingame with earmuffs on, but slightly sharper.

Ah I gotcha now. I don't often use hearing protection but I certainly would if I had a .50 going off 3 feet from my head haha. A bit off topic, but have you by chance had the opportunity to try out that .50? I live in the country so I'm quite familiar with all manner of hunting firearms but never got my hands on anything military grade.

At around 130 decibels, it would be wise to use hearing protection with a .22 to avoid cumulative damage and eventual loss of that frequency range.  The in-game sound reminded me of a surpressed 10-22, where the bolt is the more noticable sound produced.