Sign in to follow this  
vnratc

Need motivation to play 3p view servers

Hi guys, this is not a joke. I'm actually having the hardest time enjoying playing 3p view but I honestly wanna start to. The reason is just there are so few 1st person view servers that sometimes there are just no options for me. Please share with me why and how 3p view can be fun and maybe even hardcore. I'm not mocking, so please don't mock me back. Cheers!

Yay! this thread again.

Bonus points from coming at it from a new angle.

I've got peek, easymode, exploit and lamecore in my 3rd person view bingo card. I predict a house before this hits page 2. :)

Edited by theirongiant74
  • Like 1

The only motivational factor I can give u OP is that in 3rd person u dont have to listen to the god damn annoying breathing when u run (its to loud!)...every time I have to bring the sound down or the neighbours might think im having a very long fapping session

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 5

Why not just play in first person then? 

No one is forcing you to play in 3p.

>B-but muh disadvantage

Play in 3p then

>B-but i don't like 3p

Play in 1p then

• Like 1

In all seriousness, this topic comes up enough that while there might be less 1pp servers than 3pp servers there are clearly enough 1pp players to populate a good number of servers. You all need to organise and pick a couple to play on rather than spreading yourself thin.

I find plenty of high-pop 1PP servers in the US. Never had an issue of not being able to find one.

Only real positive things about 3pp i can think of is like svisketyggeren mentioned, you don't have to listen to the panting and wheezing.

And you get to look at your character?

Only real positive things about 3pp i can think of is like svisketyggeren mentioned, you don't have to listen to the panting and wheezing.

And you get to look at your character?

Tab for inventory also displays your character.

Here's a serious post, and an angle I'm not seeing anyone take on this yet...

It's actually easier to play a hero on 3pp servers, because you can hold people up easier, which means it's easier to control the situation (greater situational awareness). It's safer to stand behind a wall and talk to someone and see their body-language and whether or not they've actually lowered their weapon... This means you can actually go out of your way to talk to more players rather than either avoiding them or killing them or having them kill you.

Not saying 3pp or 1pp is better.. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Just saying this particular aspect is easier, and that's a positive in my book.

• Like 1

The only motivation I have for 3pp is higher average server populations.

• Like 2

From a purely cosmetic point of view, it's more interesting when you are travelling around to see the world around you, and to view your character and your clothing/equipment.

It's also easier to spot items on the ground/shelves etc and the animations don't look as clunky when they aren't forced right in your face. 

• Like 1

Tab for inventory also displays your character.

yeah but not holding certain items, crouched, moving, running and other animations. 

• Like 1

From a purely cosmetic point of view, it's more interesting when you are travelling around to see the world around you, and to view your character and your clothing/equipment.

It's also easier to spot items on the ground/shelves etc and the animations don't look as clunky when they aren't forced right in your face.

The personal space bubble the character takes up is a little iffy. Maybe decrease its size so when you move inside a building you are not shoved around?

I play 1p servers but there are only like 4 regularly online servers in Australia. I tend to play on either of my favourite 2 unless they are both down at the same time.

The thing I miss about 3p is seeing how I look in my environment. Checking how well camouflaged and hidden I am while in cover etc. 

Edited by LucidHills

The reason I play 3p is because due to this game being so poorly optimized, even with my i7 and SLI GPU, most of my settings have to be turned down low. Anti-alias, which sharpens edges, is off. In 1p view, everything "sways" more, even when standing still or crouched. Even with the simple head bobbing, everything looks like its moving. Nothing looks stationary, and it's extremely difficult to see a player moving through town when all the edges on every object look like they're moving as well. And it's worse when you're running. It's just a horrible experience to me. Maybe one day, if DayZ ever reaches an acceptable level of optimization, I'll play more 1p. But right now, it's just unplayable for me. 

A major benefit to 1p, though, is increased fps. But still, it's not enough for me to turn AA on high. 

Why not just play in first person then? 

No one is forcing you to play in 3p.

>B-but muh disadvantage

Play in 3p then

>B-but i don't like 3p

Play in 1p then

Statement of the Year, right here. BEANS FOR DAYS

I think of motivation to play 3pp as follows:

1. It's easier to see what's around your avatar when looting.
  2. It's easier to meelee zombies.
  3. It's fun to watch your character run and see all of your sweet gear.
  4. You have the possibility of taking screenshots that include your avatar and his sweet gear.
  5. You can see what emote F key actions are actually doing, which is good.
  6. It's easier to see if you're bleeding.
  7. You can take advantage of the 3pp camera. People will complain that is exploiting but since everyone can do it the playing field is sort of leveled out and fair. It's difficult to argue it's exploiting when everyone has the same capability without having to do anything crazy to experience it. Granted - sitting in a manner that the 3pp camera goes outside of a window to look down streets or positioning the camera to look downstairs to see who's in the room down there where it's impossible to be seen are cases where it's arguable that you're not exactly playing in an ethical way - but people do it all of the time, especially when they run up to a fence/corner outside and can look over it as if they're 10 feet tall.

Those are all good reasons for 3pp.

• Like 1

If I'm going to run across Chernarus, I might as well be staring at a pretty ass while I do so.

That and the breathing/jiggling of first person means I don't typically do it unless I'm in a building shooting at someone.

Edited by TheEvanCat

I didn't realize how serious this topic was, I am having my tombstone re-quoted today.

9h5t2f.jpg

• Like 1

If I'm going to run across Chernarus, I might as well be staring at a pretty ass while I do so.

That and the breathing/jiggling of first person means I don't typically do it unless I'm in a building shooting at someone.

Do you pick the Dean Hall model and get moist with excitement?