GeorgieBest

Which map do you use?

77 members have voted

1. 1. What map do you use?

Out of curiosity, which map do you guys find most useful?

Also post reasons.

Edited by GeorgieBest

Any explanations guys?

I'm trying to use dayzDB but I don't understand some things.

Is the search for items thing accurate or just made up?

I hardly beleive people use in-game maps. i use dayzDB, as i bet other over 2 millions of people that at least one time ever checked it out to understand where to go. I don't mean dayzdb, but at least other sources.

Easy to check, can show place to loots and fountains, easier to understand than the ingame topographic map.

Everyone used it at least one time....and then even way more times!

It is just since a couple of month on 400 hours that i remember quite all the map with point of interests and number of houses to find important loots, foutains etc...I can orienteering myself quite good without map now.

So i hardly beleive on who's feign. Nothing personal, it is not a starting for a flame or it's meant to offend someone, just a point of view based on a logical perspective about: "at least i want to know where's a fountain as there's no one i can ask for information before being shot, and i've just i found a piece of map i don't need...and in the meantime i'm starving"

Back to topic

DAYZDB is the source i'm using....it's pretty well detailed! if it is showed a big coloured dot instead of a small one, it means that there are lot of loots of that kind out there! But keep in mind that if there's nothing, that means that someone has already come over there....so keep an eye open buddy!

Edited by GunnyITA

Everyone who voted for in-game maps lied. Admit it.

thus why I voted for other because Survival man LEVISKI NEEDS NO BABY MANS MAP, ONLY BOTTLE OF URINE AND WITS!

A little bit more on topic, if those duckers would take out the terrible pieced map implementation and give us full maps again, we might actually use maps again in game.

Edited by leviski
  • Like 5

I selected the DayzDB map, but I also use Izurvive because it allows for privacy and locations of friends.

DayzDB. I don't need compass anymore and checking map from the net saves inventory slot(s). Pretty much only thing I check is where the water fountain is in the village if I can't find it.

Map in pieces that fills up the low inventory space isn't practical.

I'm a Day Z purist. I prefer to immerse myself into the game completely. So much so that I haven't used teamspeak in quite awhile.

It would be cool to be able to use the duct tape to tape all the maps together...and I'd like to be able to use the compass in conjunction with the map.

• Like 2

The Izurvive map has less clutter and more information, you can see electrical lines, deer trails, paved/dirt roads, and topography lines. I don't need to see pictures of houses and tree lines, while they look great on DayZBD I think it's just distracting.

Information is power! If you don't use any kind of map or look down on those who do then you are just an arrogant fool. Anyone can memorize a path from one location to another, but to understand the environment and work it to your advantage is key to any engagement.

Edited by call him Steve

The one in the ol' noggin!

I generally frown upon the use of extra-game maps, especially when the developers have gone through the trouble of including one in-game!

But then again, I'm an extremist. I despise the use of extra-game comm programs for the very same reason.

Plus, I never saw the use in extra-game maps once you've pretty much memorized the entire map (which isn't hard at all).

Edited by Katana67

I'm a Day Z purist. I prefer to immerse myself into the game completely. So much so that I haven't used teamspeak in quite awhile.

It would be cool to be able to use the duct tape to tape all the maps together...and I'd like to be able to use the compass in conjunction with the map.

Maps combine automatically if you drag them one over another. I think Nort+South and East+West works (other combos don't). Also, using a compass with a map is easy as IRL. Find a town, grab a compass and navigate. Besides, even though I constantly use DayZDB because of the great functionality, finding your own way around is a lot of fun.

Source: Survival trek 2013 and 8 years in the scouts.

DayZDB and the print map included in the Arma X Anniversary DVD pack (pinned to the wall to the left of my screen).

• Like 1

Use any map you want.  I know the scale of Chernarus can seem overwhelming, but it's pretty simple.  But only use the map.  You will memorize the land soon enough.  But as for loot, do not use DayZDB, do not google loot locations, and do not trust what other people say about what they found where. To find loot locations you literally have to loot those locations.  Is it almost maddeningly pretentious to say "The loot you need will be where you find it,"?  Maybe, but as an elite I can say things like that.  Why am I elite?  Thanks for asking.  Because when I first got this game, I found cities by running.  I ran across the country, starting at a coast, finding another coast, finding places void of any tree or path or texture.  Now I can sniff the air, look at the sun, rub some dirt on my hands, and, after listening to a few knocks on a tree's trunk, I will be able to know my current position.

The Izurvive map has less clutter and more information, you can see electrical lines, deer trails, paved/dirt roads, and topography lines. I don't need to see pictures of houses and tree lines, while they look great on DayZBD I think it's just distracting.

Information is power! If you don't use any kind of map or look down on those who do then you are just an arrogant fool. Anyone can memorize a path from one location to another, but to understand the environment and work it to your advantage is key to any engagement.

Really? I find DayZDB to be less cluttered, but I also turn off pretty much everything but town names. Izurvive is functionally superior due to the tools available, but I find DayZDB to be easier on the eyes.

Either way, most of my time spent looking at a map is done using the DayZ Central app for Android on my tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.skunkfu.dzcsa&hl=en

I agree with you about the "information is power" part. You can be a hardass and claim you don't use maps, but you're really just putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't use them. Use it when you need it, and don't use it when you don't need it :)

Hello there

You need a "none" option.

Ive never used them...

Well thats not 100pc true, I used one once and it felt so lazy I never did it again.

In game maps only FTW.

Rgds

LoK

DayzDB for the range calculation purely, however not been sniping for a while so not needed it.

The steam browser runs really slowly, and Alt+Tab is possibly worse.

Therefore, I use the in-game map. I like that you can still hear what's going on around you while using it, and I like the speed of opening and closing it - this puts it above the external maps in terms of functionality, for me. I also find the topographical detail makes it easier to recognise where you are and navigate without a compass.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be told what loot is where, anyway. I'm hoping they randomise it before full release.

• Like 1

Yet another decent capability undercut by third-party programs... the newly added rangefinder.

Who needs a super rare rangefinder when I can just plot the ranges down on my always-accessible, always-inconsequential DayZDB map panel?

Yet another decent capability undercut by third-party programs... the newly added rangefinder.

Who needs a super rare rangefinder when I can just plot the ranges down on my always-accessible, always-inconsequential DayZDB map panel?

Not everyone will be using external map, not in the heat of the battle, to calculate range.

As for civilian range finder being extremely rare, that is open for the debate.

I doubt the basic hunting range finder should be extremely range, not when it's range isn't that great and there most likely will be better military  model.

Lastly, after some ingame experience, one does not really need to calculate range that much, but simply guess it.

Might not be 100% accurate everytime, but works pretty well.

And it is really waste of time to despise 3rd party stuff like TeamSpeak and DayZdb.

It is simply the way it is, nothing can be done about it.

DayzDB. I don't need compass anymore and checking map from the net saves inventory slot(s). Pretty much only thing I check is where the water fountain is in the village if I can't find it.

Map in pieces that fills up the low inventory space isn't practical.

You don't need to keep the pieces, you should combine them N with S, E with W and so on.  This way you get one map that takes up only one space.

On this point and why I selected other, once I have an in game map that is complete I feel free to use iZurvive on my iPad.  I don't really use a map too much these days though, mostly compass if I get disoriented in the woods.

Edited by Barnabus